Books?

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend some books that would let me read through the lore etc of Age of Sigmar?

When I'm having a look online I can only see the Generals Handbook and the likes. Whilst great books, they're not quite what I'm looking for.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you check out BL.com for the combo books.  The prices for the eBooks are pretty outrageous individually, but they do sell quasi-omnibus versions for a much much better price.

I would definitely buy the combined Legends of the Age of Sigmar novel, and the Realmgate Wars eBook Collection.

I bought the combined Realmgate wars book "Mighty Battles". 

I am 45% through it now and really enjoying it, very easy reading. It's not going to win any literarry prizes but it's nice to know the background for our toy soldiers.

45% = 3.5 books finished so far (half way through Hammers of Sigmar)

The stories about the Steel Souls have to be my favorites.  The way they all come together in plague garden was kinda cool.  

City of Secrets was alright and it is the only one that isnt exactly like the others in writing style, its more like a classic fantasy story.  I would also recommend the chaos short stories.  They remind me of Elric of Melnibone.

18 minutes ago, Gorthor21 said:

The stories about the Steel Souls have to be my favorites.  The way they all come together in plague garden was kinda cool.  

City of Secrets was alright and it is the only one that isnt exactly like the others in writing style, its more like a classic fantasy story.  I would also recommend the chaos short stories.  They remind me of Elric of Melnibone.

Which Stormcast Chamber makes the best protagonist's? 

Only the faithful!

I am struggling with Warbeast, maybe because I haven't read the books before it. I'd highly recommend City of Secrets, was amazing and is set in the most current time period, around 150-250 years after the realm gate wars I think. Great stand alone book too.

Really looking forward to Josh Reynold's Eight Lamentations trilogy, first book is coming out next month I believe. I think it also would be a great place to jump in.

I've enjoyed reading the Campaign books more than the novels. I'd recommend reading those first before jumping into the Realmgate Wars proper. But I haven't made it to Warbeast yet. I Love the setting and like the overall story, specially how open it all is, but the novels I've read aren't that good. So I was surprised WarBeast was nominated and actually won an award. 

But yeah, I've been following that above image as my guide for the last few months. Read a campaign book then the books that go with it. The stories get me pumped to play and playing gets me hyped to continue reading.

3 minutes ago, Wraith01 said:

I've enjoyed reading the Campaign books more than the novels. I'd recommend reading those first before jumping into the Realmgate Wars proper. But I haven't made it to Warbeast yet. I Love the setting and like the overall story, specially how open it all is, but the novels I've read aren't that good. So I was surprised WarBeast was nominated and actually won an award. 

But yeah, I've been following that above image as my guide for the last few months. Read a campaign book then the books the go with it. The stories get me pumped to play and playing gets me hyped to continue reading.

In my honest opinion, only JReynold's books were good (that is Mortarch of Night, Pestilens, and Fury of Gork), plus Warbeast. The rest was so-so. This years novels, though? Faaaar better.

Two books that I have to recommend, is City of Secrets by Nick Horth (A story of the average joe and cities in the AOS universe) and the newer Plague Garden by Josh Reynolds (Fantastic stormcast set of characters, they all feel like they have so much personality, and nurgle brettonians!  For the lady!).  Both are fantastic.

Regards,

Archived