The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

Yeah I think Skaven in 2018. We may get more previews over the Christmas break but outside Christmas bundles and the last few 40k codexes (and maybe a Primarch) you won’t see anything. Remaining Warbands are Skaven, Fyreslayers, Khorne Blood Warriors, and Stormcast. We may see some more but I suspect it will be full AOS season then and we will next see stuff later on in 2018.

6 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Yeah I think Skaven in 2018. We may get more previews over the Christmas break but outside Christmas bundles and the last few 40k codexes (and maybe a Primarch) you won’t see anything. Remaining Warbands are Skaven, Fyreslayers, Khorne Blood Warriors, and Stormcast. We may see some more but I suspect it will be full AOS season then and we will next see stuff later on in 2018.

I expect this too! In addition having 8 Warbands eventually for Shadespire should make for an interesting enough game for at least 6 months to a year. I hope to see more sets follow after that.

Still a lot of players have to pick up Warhammer Underworlds and I also think the Core Set is a great Christmas gift. As a result I think the game will be even better next year in terms of player quantity, sales and general interest.

19 minutes ago, Charles said:

I hope after the initial list of warbands are released that they release a new starter set with the next two races. That way we can have more board tiles without doubling up ?

Would be cool, though the tiles have so many set ups allready :D I dont even know how many options there are but because of the hex shift options its something like sixty options?

23 hours ago, Charles said:

That’s true, I just meant for 3/4 player games 

Yeah that indeed requires two Core Sets to be done now. However I do think that generally speaking the Core Set is worth the money the moment you either want to test or play against Stormcast and Bloodreavers. Especially versus Stormcast I believe you have a true tester for Warband and deck in order to check if it has what it thakes to compete. So far both Orruks and Undead Warbands have shown me they have what it thake to compete with Stormcast.

As mentioned in the Bloodreaver let's chat my results with them have continiously been dissapointing though. It continious to feel lacking a single super potent Ploy, or some stat on one of the Warband members, likely specifically a stat on Gorebeard himself. By comparison he is the weakest Leader of them all which is a hinderance because we now have several Objectives orientated at killing the Leader and Gorebeard is truely the easiest target of them all. 

In other news though it's very likely that the Blood Warriors will be much better so I wouldn't be suprised if somehow that's the reason why Bloodreavers are just designed this way. If (and it's very likely) they have 4 members and at least 3 of them will have Shield defences we're talking and due to how the fighter stats seem somewhat predictable I also believe that Blood Warriors will have 4 wounds too. So far Movement 4 has not shown me to be as significant as Shield defences or double moves.

Image may contain: 1 person

So I can't wait for Magore's Fiends to arrive in 2018! Or the Chosen Axes for that matter!

image.png.3c53b256a8ad21dca15d63a8f1fc70eb.png

Edited by Killax

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Killax said:

Yes, one for Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire, there are more cards in this White Dwarf.

Apologies, you have lost me there. There is one card.

there are more cards in this white dwarf?

Edit: sorry, you mean there are more cards for other games.

Edited by Sim

On 26-11-2017 at 11:27 AM, Circus of Paint said:

Blood Bowl and WHQ, according to the GW site.

I'd love to know what those are as well!

They are:
(Blood Bowl)  Naughty or Nice
(WHQ) Crown of Command; Treassure
(WHQ) Dust of Despertion; Treasure
(WHQ) Enchanted Eye; Treasure
(WHQ) Hezerek's Wand; Treasure
(WHQ) Hezerek's Bracers; Treasure
(WHQ) Hezerek's Belt; Treasure
(WHQ) Coordinated Strike; Skill
(WHQ) Grim Slayer; Skill
(WHQ) Go-Getter; Skill
(WHQ) Best Under Pressure; Skill
(WHQ) Cinderfall Activities; Activities
(WHQ) Archievement 5

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Killax - will download/print

On to Doombound, the descriptions of the city of Shadespire are great, story gives you the sense of confusion and the psychological games the city plays with folks. It's a little short but it gives  a reasonable snapshot of the characters in the story.

Worth listening to, just because it's a bit more Shadespire/faction background.  If you have the cash to spare its definitely worth a listen.

• Like 2

An interview with Shadespires lead designer, Dave Sanders:

The video is good quality but doesn't cover a whole lot about Shadespire, it's more about Dave Sanders and all the kinds of things he does. Nontheless I do think it's a cool video to watch and it's nice to have some acces to some designer thought process.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, ReynakZhen said:

I was told by my friend(owns a gamestore) that the warqueen is actually a shadespire model for an upcoming undivided chaos faction, he also says that malignants are getting released for shadespire also. has anyone else heard similiar rumors?

You are talking about this model?

BGSeminarNov3-Warqueen4kfwc-500x500.jpg

Holy Heck! If she's really a Shadespire model I know a couple of people who'll squee - myself included.
I don't believe it though... Would they really tease this (Shadespire?!)model when it has to stand in line behind four other warbands?

...would they? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Goblin-King said:

You are talking about this model?

BGSeminarNov3-Warqueen4kfwc-500x500.jpg

Holy Heck! If she's really a Shadespire model I know a couple of people who'll squee - myself included.
I don't believe it though... Would they really tease this (Shadespire?!)model when it has to stand in line behind four other warbands?

...would they? 

Yessir! that's the one!