The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

Well as I only seem to play at events now, I find it's easier to go to their events. Gives me plenty of time to let my wife know so we can sort out a baby sitter if she is working on the weekend. I live about an hour away, so could do casual playing but I suspect it would cause issues at home as I usually don't get back from work late anyway!!

• Like 1

On 22/10/2017 at 12:35 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

Mines turned up but not had time to do anything bar look inside the box. Everything is still on sprue or wrapped up ?

Mine arrived yesterday, but like you I haven’t had a chance to open it or do anything with it yet. Looking forward to cracking it open and building the models this weekend.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Charles said:

Mine arrived yesterday, but like you I haven’t had a chance to open it or do anything with it yet. Looking forward to cracking it open and building the models this weekend.

I’ve opened mine now and slowly assembling the Stormcast. It’s a fantastic looking game. Hope it gets a strong following for years 

Some more rumors according to Bell of Lost Souls:

• Look for the next 4 factions to arrive in very early Q1 2018
  • Farstriders (Stormcasts)
  • Magore’s fiends (Khorne Bloodbound)
  • Chosen Axes (Fyreslayers)
  • Spiteclaw’s Swarm (Skaven)
  • Fyreslayers (4 models)
  • Skaven (6 Models)
  • Fyreslayers fill a role similar between the Stormcast Eternals with the ability to emphasize either offense or defense equally.
  • Skaven have ranged weapons and a theme of extra bonuses for supported attacks versus isolated victims.  Beware leaving stragglers alone in the dark when the Skaven are about…

Skaven are sounding very interesting if true.

• Like 2

Sounds true to me, Skaven will likely also have more options to steal Glory, which makes sence to me aswell. 

My personal guess is still 5 Fyreslayers instead of 4 but otherwise I think the same will occur. The names will be a bit more specific as the above though. Because the other Stormcast leader is called Sanson Farstrider I think it will be 'Firestrider's Hunters'. I also think that Chosen Axes will be called 'The Chosen Axes', because it says so in the rulesbook ;) 

Edited by Killax

Release dates for the next warbands will soon be known. Reading through Warhammer-Community article about Necromunda was this little snippet:

"Some lucky players have had a chance to try the game for themselves at Spiel, among an omnifarious offering of other Warhammer games (we’ll be making some announcements about these later in the week, including when you can expect to see the next two Shadespire warbands!). "

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/26/necromunda-news-from-spiel-release-date-gang-war-and-more-oct26gw-homepage-post-1/

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sete said:

After these Factions I hope for some Slaves to Darkness.

I don't think Slaves to Darkness will see much love. GW have not seemed very interesting in pushing the whole Undivided thing lately. They love pushing the different chaos gods though, which is why I'm sure sooner or later we'll see Tzeentch and Nurgle warbands make their way into Shadespire also.

I would love to see Slaves to Darkness though, an Aspiring Champion leading a bunch of Warriors around, done up with very 'Chosen like' models. Would be super cool, but I suspect that the Blood Warriors warband will likely fulfil that in some ways.

Cool to hear the rest are coming soon, although a bit of a shame we're not going to get another 2 before the end of the year, early Q1 is still pretty good (as long as they don't eat into AoS release slots that should be happening also!). I'm wondering for how long of a 'break' Shadespire is going to take after the first 8 are done though. Like will they release a new warband every month, or will they let things settle for a couple of months before releasing another 4~ warbands or so.

Next year will be super interesting I think (For both Shadespire and Age of Sigmar).

On 25/10/2017 at 8:28 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

I’ve opened mine now and slowly assembling the Stormcast. It’s a fantastic looking game. Hope it gets a strong following for years 

My partner worked late last night so I got in some sneaky build time.

I’ve now build both war bands, hopefully I can get the Blood Reavers sprayed this weekend. 

On 26/10/2017 at 2:53 PM, Stealth_Hobo said:

Some more rumors according to Bell of Lost Souls:

• Look for the next 4 factions to arrive in very early Q1 2018
  • Farstriders (Stormcasts)
  • Magore’s fiends (Khorne Bloodbound)
  • Chosen Axes (Fyreslayers)
  • Spiteclaw’s Swarm (Skaven)
  • Fyreslayers (4 models)
  • Skaven (6 Models)
  • Fyreslayers fill a role similar between the Stormcast Eternals with the ability to emphasize either offense or defense equally.
  • Skaven have ranged weapons and a theme of extra bonuses for supported attacks versus isolated victims.  Beware leaving stragglers alone in the dark when the Skaven are about…

Skaven are sounding very interesting if true.

This probably counts as conjecture rather than rumour but it occurred that the availability of tokens in the base set dictates a max war band size. There are 15 of some tokens and with the Deathrattle being 7 models, that puts any other warband at a max of 8.

And is this US Q1 (Jan-Mar) aka UK Q4 (Jan-Mar) or actually UK Q1 (Apr-Jun)?

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Tailessine said:

Are there any rumours of new boards at some stage? Would be great for additional variety (and some of my own projects!)

None yet, though frankly Id be suprised if theyd totally alter the set up. I do think the backdrop will change. In fact there is nothing stopping you from being creative in that aspect.

New(ish) previews:

6656b7adf2c8be71e9cc75f94ce823f8f09a726e236e09534715067e4e003caffb708d2410fcfaf1301553d63357ce1269e6f9ed258b3e8f845b8de62ac4fdf0efe9ba31d1d8943cf49ea17cef70f2815ea6bdc1376b74d85c5f268cade95a6f9f0d1058ab74fe6880aecbf02a420c0373cd6a249f43095476096b0e82504c284492f9637dd725fa0fa1a7ffccacfad45cfc90b69fa204f36f143d745def6c3e504fbbc327b5c1ac645699cd835100082dc5507a

Thoughts:
- Cruel Taunt is really good, certainly worth the slot in every deck I believe, especially effective against smaller Warbands in the second or last turn. Doing this on Severin for example can be key.
- On your feet seems like a fantastic card for the 5+ model Warbands, great to see them recieve some additional love. 

Further confirmations: 

The game started with the minis which were originally intended to be added to the easy to build range.

The game originally used d6 with modifiers, hit values etc. This was changed to attack dice, defend dice and support dice. Finally the support dice was combined with the attack and defend dice to make the two sets we have.

The board was originally more modular but it was reduced to the 2 boards we have. 
He reconfirmed that more boards are coming soon. 

All of the first 8 factions were playtested together and hundreds of test games were played. 

Source: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/?page=2

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2017 at 7:28 AM, dtw said:

This probably counts as conjecture rather than rumour but it occurred that the availability of tokens in the base set dictates a max war band size. There are 15 of some tokens and with the Deathrattle being 7 models, that puts any other warband at a max of 8.

And is this US Q1 (Jan-Mar) aka UK Q4 (Jan-Mar) or actually UK Q1 (Apr-Jun)?

There's only 7 spots to place models during set-up

• Haha 1

Yeah I feel more would also be close to impossible, even with Actions allowing you to do more with multiple models :) 

My prediction for the upcomming Warband sizes remains as follows:
Jan-Feb 2018 - The Chosen Axes: 5 Vulkite Berserkers 
Jan-Feb 2018 - Spiteclaw's Swarm: 6 Nightrunners
Feb-March 2018 - Farstrider's Hunters: 3 Vanguard Hunters and an Aetherwing 
Feb-March 2018- Magore's Fiends : 3 Blood Warriors and Riptooth 

This would lead to Chaos having a Warband with size 4,5 and 6, Order having a Warband with size 3,4 and 5. Looking forward to see it all panned out. 

In terms of News though:

I think everybody has it allready but here's the Shadespire FAQ, simple stuff really: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_underworlds_shadespire_en.pdf