The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

6 hours ago, Xasz said:

No copy limit for cards in your deck seems like a questionable design choice. Maybe they overlooked it in the unboxing vid.

Someone asked about duplicate cards on Facebook , and the answer was that you may have no more than one of each card in your deck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chikout said:

Someone asked about duplicate cards on Facebook , and the answer was that you may have no more than one of each card in your deck.

I actually like this a lot.

Probably the best way to do it, especially for later expansions.

Gives it a 'highlander' feel as well.

From dakkadakka 

New White Dwarf has dropped through this morning. I'm sure someone will be along to add pictures, but Shadespire is coming in at £40 / 50 EUR / $60 USD / $70 CAN. 

It's launching alongside Stormcast/Bloodbound themed card sleeves, which are £5 / $8 USD. 

Pre-order 14th for release on the 21st.

Sepulchral Guard and Ironskull's Boyz look to be the first two expansions, as they're both advertised later on (no price given). Each box also contains 29 faction specific cards, and 31 universal cards, split between upgrades, ploys & objectives.

Couldn't be more excited. For sure going to get a SCE warband and paint it Anvils of the Heldenhammer to match my main army, but very excited for the Deathrattle expansion as well. 

I've never played TCGs before, are the Card Sleeves worth getting? In general, not specifically the GW ones that I'm sure are going to be quite higher than going to a FLGS for something non-branded.

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Couldn't be more excited. For sure going to get a SCE warband and paint it Anvils of the Heldenhammer to match my main army, but very excited for the Deathrattle expansion as well. 

I've never played TCGs before, are the Card Sleeves worth getting? In general, not specifically the GW ones that I'm sure are going to be quite higher than going to a FLGS for something non-branded.

I think there will be official GW / Shadespire sleeves, but I also saw they will be standard card size.

19 hours ago, Requizen said:

As somebody who dabbles with card games (current favourite is Final Fantasy - go try it as it is really good!), I would say Card Sleeves are a must. They protect your cards, but also make it so much easier to shuffle your deck and also have a nice feel to them. If I like the look of the GW ones, I'll get some but I'll probably get some indy ones.

On 9/23/2017 at 11:48 PM, Xasz said:

No copy limit for cards in your deck seems like a questionable design choice. Maybe they overlooked it in the unboxing vid.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:53 AM, Chikout said:

I quite like this choice around the decks. Okay people are worried about players having massive decks but with you only being limited to one copy of a card, means this won't be so much of an issue and makes it more luck based when fishing for cards. 

Not sure if anybody has seen this yet, but Miniwargaming have done a great battle report on the game

4 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Okay people are worried about players having massive decks but with you only being limited to one copy of a card, means this won't be so much of an issue and makes it more luck based when fishing for cards. 

In one of the unboxing vids the guys doing it explain that your actual drawing deck is 20 cards with no more than 12 of those being upgrade cards so even if you get all 400+ cards they are going to have, you will only be able to assemble a deck of 20 based on your play style (or so it has been said, they did not read the rules outloud, just summarized).

9 hours ago, polarbear said:

I had zero interest in Shadespire until a few hours ago. After watching the miniwargaming vid, I get it and I really like it. Too many ways to spend money in my life.

Likewise, I was looking at it like Gorechosen, some decent models with the game as an afterthought but having watched that, the deckbuilding side of things actually seems surprisingly fun! I was afraid it was going to be simplistic in the extreme but combos like the thunder cloud and charging with a souped-up Oberyn are pretty neat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Likewise, I was looking at it like Gorechosen, some decent models with the game as an afterthought but having watched that, the deckbuilding side of things actually seems surprisingly fun! I was afraid it was going to be simplistic in the extreme but combos like the thunder cloud and charging with a souped-up Oberyn are pretty neat.

Same thought I had, just another of the dozens of boardgames/excuse for models GW has released in the last few years. Even Silver Tower didn't appeal much to me beyond the models. This seems quite neat though, compact but variable and pretty tactical. I'd love if they fleshed out the factions to where we had dozens of warbands to choose from in the future. I could see myself buying a lot of them. A Kharadron warband would be sweet! Hope this catches on.

Only thing I find a bit unfortunate right now is it seems all warbands are set, as in you can't compile your own? Seems like that could possibly change in the future if they released single heroes for factions but you still had to have the same number of models in your band.