The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

If it's just the game we have in a table but on a screen instead, I'll pass. I prefer my toy soldier games to have toy soldiers. 

Now, if it's a different experience, like how Dawn of War isn't just 40K on a screen ... if it provides with something more than I get in the table instead of something less  ... then I'll at least give it a shot.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

It's Underworlds but a video game. They're committed to making it as close to possible to the board game, from their own mouths. I've been hanging out in their Discord and seeing what information I can glean but obviously they're still in the early stages.

I'm very excited. I'll continue to buy physical releases but this is great for a number of reasons. It lets me get non-Tabletop friends to try the game, lets me play with people at any time over long distances (without fussing with TTS which I'm not super crazy about), and let's me quickly get reps of the game in when I feel like playing but not going out. I can see people enjoying one and not the other for their own purposes, but I think there's room in my life for both, kind of like how many of my friends play MTG and MTG:Arena (though there is some overlap in purchases there).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am super stoked about an Underworlds season 3.  Any thoughts on what Warband the Lion could be from?  To me it seems pretty obvious it’s an order Warband.  In my heart I really hope it’s a Warband for the new Hysh Light elves, but more likely I think it’s another stormcast warband.  The SCE do have quite a bit of lion iconography on their armor, especially the shoulder pads.  So my money is on a stormcast warband that has maybe 2 stormcast, a lion and maybe some other person who isn’t stormcast.  My predictions is that they are going to be mixing up the Warband even more than they did for the Underworlds season 2

I'd say a Wildwood Rangers warband or maybe Sisters of the Watch are pretty safe bets. Witch Aelves wear a helm kinda like that but I'd be surprised to see a lion in that warband. I'm just hoping for anything but Stormcast. An entire season without Stormcast would be great, but probably asking too much. 

While I think those warbands would be amazing, I think they are unfortunately unlikely.  GW has released all warbands for factions they are supporting with the full AOS treatment and wood elves don't seem to fit in that category.  Stormcast is always likely, but unfortunate  given that they already have 3 warbands.  

The idea behind a light elves warband would be that we know from lore that the tyrion/teclis elves are probably coming in some form.  Also as another note, the high elves had a bit of lion flavor with the white lions of chrace.  If the light elves tie into the old high elves then maybe some lion theme could be brought back to the aelves that way.

29 minutes ago, boomr19 said:

GW has released all warbands for factions they are supporting with the full AOS treatment and wood elves don't seem to fit in that category.

That is unless they have something in the pipeline for them before or shortly after they're release in the new season like they did with Zarbag's Gitz, that said it could just as easily be for Tyrion's aelves. I think it's more likely the lion is for them, the colours they given it seem to fit with the images of Hysh as well as the prismatic palisade which says Tyrion/light aelves to me more than wood elves, I'd expect the lion to have more natural or earthy colours to it than bright yellows but you never know. I mean they could even blindside us with a completely new unknown faction really.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 10:43 AM, PJetski said:

I don't see anything that would suggest it is specifically focused on Wizards

Apparently you are correct, I asked CanYouRollACrit on Reddit who is doing the preview stream for Warhammer TV this weekend and apparently the generic cards are usable by all factions. So presumably no spells whatsoever in the generic cards unless there's an upgrade that makes a non-wizard a wizard.

Q: "Unsure of how much you can say about the cards ATM but the title of the pack makes it sound like it's wizard / magic themed. Is that correct?"

A: "Nope the new cards are all for the Nightvault warbands with some very nice universal cards everyone can use too 🙂"

Reddit Thread

Edited by GDNerd

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Wurmspat dice are a bit too close to the Grymwatch's for my liking.

I think it will come down to the cards & playstyle.

We get a new card-type/mechanic (poison apparently) and fluffwise they should be slower and harder to kill so they should feel different to play.

Hello,

I see from the latest preview of cards that quite a few bits of artwork - for example on Cryptic Companion or Leadbone Dust - seem to feature Daughters Of Khaine. Is there anything out there rumour-wise about them getting an upcoming warband? I imagine it’d be highly entertaining to play, so I’d be keen! 

On 2/4/2020 at 7:33 AM, Redbaron said:

Hello,

I see from the latest preview of cards that quite a few bits of artwork - for example on Cryptic Companion or Leadbone Dust - seem to feature Daughters Of Khaine. Is there anything out there rumour-wise about them getting an upcoming warband? I imagine it’d be highly entertaining to play, so I’d be keen! 

Yes, we've known for awhile now that Daughters of Khaine will be one of the final two warbands of the season along with another Orc warband. 

• Thanks 1