The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

We played against the Gargant tonight.  3 way with Sep Guard, Thorns of Briar, and Cursebreakers.  With all the undead models there was always someone for him to attack so no regeneration.  He was always able to complete his movement easy enough so no bellow either.  Even with some fighting amongst ourselves we were able to take him out by the end of turn 3.  Not nearly as difficult as I first imagined him to be.   Maybe with smaller warbands he would be able to heal himself more often, but it just seemed like someone was always there wailing on him trying to get glory.  It was a nice change of pace, but definately not something we will be doing often.  

Does anyone know the rules or have a picture of the "Gargant Move Diagrams"?

From the rules "...The controlling player then performs any of the actions in the Gargant Move Diagrams twice (in any combination). Each of these counts as a single push. The Chaos Gargant cannot be pushed through other fighters, blocked or incomplete hexes.."

I transcribed all the rules, but I don't know what the movement diagram is or looks like.

15 hours ago, KatrinaStormclaw said:

We played against the Gargant tonight.  3 way with Sep Guard, Thorns of Briar, and Cursebreakers.  With all the undead models there was always someone for him to attack so no regeneration.  He was always able to complete his movement easy enough so no bellow either.  Even with some fighting amongst ourselves we were able to take him out by the end of turn 3.  Not nearly as difficult as I first imagined him to be.   Maybe with smaller warbands he would be able to heal himself more often, but it just seemed like someone was always there wailing on him trying to get glory.  It was a nice change of pace, but definately not something we will be doing often.  

But who won the game? Even if the Gargant was easier than expected to take out, you still determine who wins the overall game by counting glory. I haven't played it yet, but it seems like there is some strategy such as taking out hard hitting fighters so they don't rack up glory. You want to take the Gargant out, btu you also want to have the most gory at the end. If the Gargant is alive everyone loses, if he's dead only one player wins.

I won with Curesbreakers with 16 Glory.  Namely with tooled up Stormsire due to his range.  He could still choose to attack me if i wasnt controlling him, but at least no being kicked.  You score as much Glory as you do damage until he inspires... Then you only score 1 Glory point no matter how much damage you do.  You can still score glory by killing enemy fighters and if you have upgrade cards like the keys, as you still place objective tokens.  Glory is plentiful until he inspires.

Edited by KatrinaStormclaw

12 hours ago, KatrinaStormclaw said:

I won with Curesbreakers with 16 Glory.  Namely with tooled up Stormsire due to his range.  He could still choose to attack me if i wasnt controlling him, but at least no being kicked.  You score as much Glory as you do damage until he inspires... Then you only score 1 Glory point no matter how much damage you do.  You can still score glory by killing enemy fighters and if you have upgrade cards like the keys, as you still place objective tokens.  Glory is plentiful until he inspires.

Awesome

So how does the Gargant move? Is it as simple as I'm thinking it is to just move 1 hex by moving forward, backward, rotate front end 1 hex right or left, rotate back end 1 hex right or left?

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Unlikely this season. Season one had eight warbands and eight factions have been revealed for season two so chances are slim we’ll see more than that.

I would think your chances would be pretty good next season though.

Oh didn't know that, thanks. Do you know roughly when will season 3 begin?

this warband seems very weak. even the dog, a model that I expected to have at least different stats than the other members, is nothing to write home about. 

however, I believe that their strength is that they can "double" certain upgrades.

Grundann + great strenght = 4dmg attacks

Jagathra + great speed = 6 hexes of movement

I believe that based on what they earn when they get inspired, everyone will have upgrades that capitalize on these stats increases

On 1/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, Reggi said:

New promo from Q2 19 kit. New spell. Can be pretty good with Damming Pact. 

49947104_2202594769790777_7885287242212573184_n.jpg

This is pretty good . Lets you hit with an attack and try to do  a couple of extra damage while probably inspiring. Will probably play.

Molog looks fun and Darkoath are pretty much what I expected. Javelin girl is particuliarly sweet with her range + movement even if it's only a 1 shot. Feels like a much more nuanced Reivers.

From Warhammer TV twitch stream:

Cards that i didn't screenshot, but i remember them:

New tome upgrade: +1 wound
Shade Step: Universal ploy - choose fighter without move and charge token. Put him on neutral territory. Give him move token (new Hidden Path)
Batsquiq only upgrade: on charge smashes and furry work on his attack
Mollog faction upgrade: +1 dmg to attack with range 1 or 2
Mollog faction ploy: + 1 dmg on attack with range 1 or 2 on next activation
Mollog faction ploy: + 1 dice to attack with range 1 or 2 on next activation

Mollog faction objective: score it at end phase if you killed tree or more enemy fighters this action phase - 2 glory.

Mollog faction objective: score this immediately when you kill enemy fighter with attack damage characteristic of 5 of more - not sure, but i think it was 1 glory.

And screenshots:

Spoiler

1.png.1c2aa17c5f868c431b17f7b8fdbf2607.png2.png.bbb845dbcfe0bf40147aae45d3998813.png3.png.44a85c5b077b090de6981ff2fc4c1a7b.png4.png.91e9b5a06dba8be5d86b40031ad62178.png5.png.066bb14464afce7b18a413d4d501ff04.png6.png.08c16f218184ee5e45ff204a19221d70.png7.png.9bdf9b577bcfc2fc2ef6dfb708ce78e8.png8.png.a19931b58c3f6a12eb0c4d2544635914.png9.png.6dd3a3bc508322db2743b66c17564d7f.png10.png.0a252db5de817fa88caf1ff64c494143.png11.png.6f41601cc338280e184eaca3ce5b0a0d.png12.png.c8b5bcc48ce5b282f7927b99695363aa.png13.png.6d110a55463c8a7273c0b3e8321b1dad.png14.png.8222bd7f9e97dbccd73745c7a6500967.png15.png.ac363c33f4246584f415ddfe2adbbf63.png16.png.3580e38d90ff2e095f379f55b40d1658.png17.png.42a1756610d8dda4feb4b9d421155d4d.png18.png.972987c9f0c570eb2ff818af01adccc0.png19.png.9a9c120a3628573b29c72d08264acc12.png

Check Arcane Savant. It was confired on stream, if you play it on Leader of Godsworn Hunt, she will inspire and become lvl 3 wizard. So she can be most powerfull wizard in game at this moment, cuz other wizards lvl 2 cant get that upgrade.

Edited by Reggi
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Reggi said:

Hide contents

5.png.066bb14464afce7b18a413d4d501ff04.png

Check Arcane Savant. It was confired on stream, if you play it on Leader of Godsworn Hunt, she will inspire and become lvl 3 wizard. So she can be most powerfull wizard in game at this moment, cuz other wizards lvl 2 cant get that upgrade.

Wouldn’t she become a level 2 wizard? It says +1 wizard level and she’s level 1 and it can’t be applied when she’s inspired because it’s restricted to level 1.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

Just now, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Wouldn’t she become a level 2 wizard? It says +1 wizard level and she’s level 1.

She inspire when she get upgrade and its upgrade. And She is lvl 1 wizard unispired, her inspired version is lvl 2 wizard.

I haven't really played much of the warbands that have access to +1 gory on kill upgrades (Magore's, Reavers, and Thorn's if memory serves) but does anyone else think that Tome of Offerings looks really good?

It isn't locked to a specific fighter like all of the faction specific versions and it opens up this mechanic to everyone's favorite combat heavy lifters. I'm sure all the Spiteclaw players are weeping at the thought of what they would have gotten to do with this upgrade pre BAR list.

I could be misjudging the opportunity cost of including a card with this type of mechanic into a deck, but it looks very promising to me.

Edited by Skyeline

I don't think tome of Offerings is broken, realistically you can score maybe 3-5 additional glory off it, if your fighter survives, is positioned in the right spot and you have other cards such as Ready for Action, My Turn, Aggressive Defense, or are simply just in base contact with multiple people.

The only time I could see it absolutely popping off would be if it was on the Harvester from Sep guard in a bunch of goblins or uninspired bedsheets.