The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

10 minutes ago, Zimagic said:

The problem with this is that you can boost him up by +5 wounds very easily in the current card pool so an  8 wound character is really a 13 wound character.

That's a bit high.

If you did 1 damage every single one of your activations in a game, you could only do 12.

Of course, you can do more than 1 damage in an activation, but I still think anything with 8+ wounds is demanding over half your activations per game to just trying to kill 1 model.

I am hoping 6 wounds is the highest we see on any single model in Warhammer Underworlds.

Edited by Choombatta

I could see a special rule, such as native -1 damage every time he takes damage, to a minimim of 1. The trick is describing him without OVERdescribing him. Guess we’ll see, but I’m certain it will be pretty much impossible for anyone to one-shot him without, like, at least four cards. If he’s the centerpiece, I don’t expect a critical hit from a Shadeglass Dagger, Twist the Knife, and Trap to put him out of action. 

8 hours ago, Tutenkharnage said:

I could see a special rule, such as native -1 damage every time he takes damage, to a minimim of 1. The trick is describing him without OVERdescribing him. Guess we’ll see, but I’m certain it will be pretty much impossible for anyone to one-shot him without, like, at least four cards. If he’s the centerpiece, I don’t expect a critical hit from a Shadeglass Dagger, Twist the Knife, and Trap to put him out of action. 

They'd solve a lot of that by just creating a second "season" format and let him adapt in the "open" format. None of those cards (bar Pit Trap standing in for Trap) are available in Nightvault.

He's a Troll, so regeneration would be key.

I'd be betting 6 wounds and something like regaining X wounds at the start of a round for every hammer he rolls, throwing X dice.. possibly in the vicinity of 4 dice.

That means he can be killed in a single round if focussed, but also has the potential to be around for awhile.

Edited by froo

14 minutes ago, Tutenkharnage said:

Those models are gorgeous. I’m going to guess three fighter with 3 Wounds apiece and another three (including the dog) with 2. 

Yes they are better than i would have hoped for. Love the one with the sword he looks so much better thenhen does on the art . The one with the axe is good i had a head swap in mind for him but thought it might npt fit the pose he had on the art but now it might actually be perfect for what i had in mind. The others are great aswell the archer and the dog or leopard? Are a nice bonus. 

Im just wondering when we'll start seeing INNATE ploys and abilities for non-magic dice rolls.

I'm guessing the Troggoth will be one - given it's billed as the workhorse, I'm wondering if it might have Innate (Block) or something to represent resilience.

If there's a card coming that gives a Universal Innate upgrade for attacks that will shift units on its own...

1 hour ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

I'm so hyped for Godsworn, when all the Warbands were revealed for this coming season these are the guys I most wanted and glad to see the models look cool. Going to have some fun with these guys. Hopefully they're not out until the New Year so I can finish painting all the current Nightvault releases. 

Had the same thought, I still have plenty of minis on my table, but the minis are simply great! Just carved the moldlines off the darkoath champ yesterday. The look is so 80`s high fantasy Conan esque...I really hope they keep this look, as it makes the AoS world kind of easier to grip.

By the way, a friend of mine has taken a look at what`s in the organised play box. Not sure if this is actually news, but I`ve seen it the first time, so if you haven`t seen it yet too, you can take a look here:

https://www.chaosbunker.de/en/2018/11/06/warhammer-underworlds-organised-play-2018/

I kinda like  the idea of multiple tribes gathering to form an Army and the dark oath forfill a part of this. Would love if they are able to form a full army ofcourse. But i think regular old Chaos Warriors should never be pushed out. They r the T800 off Chaos. But maybe they should give the marauders a model update. Wouldn't it be  more impressive if there were lots of barbarian tribes enslaved instead off ... just this 1 tribe... the others said no

• 4 weeks later...

Preview of the December issue of White Dwarf is up, and it comes with "A super-sized Chaos Gargant card for Warhammer Underworlds" and rules for "A fun multiplayer game variant for Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault that pits 2-4 players against a formidable Chaos Gargant".

So that's a fantastically flimsy excuse to buy a large model that  I've had my eye on for a while but has no relation to any army that I currently collect...

WDPreviewNovember-Nov30-P118-Content.jpg

Just now, JPjr said:

Preview of the December issue of White Dwarf is up, and it comes with "A super-sized Chaos Gargant card for Warhammer Underworlds" and rules for "A fun multiplayer game variant for Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault that pits 2-4 players against a formidable Chaos Gargant".

So that's a fantastically flimsy excuse to buy a large model that  I've had my eye on for a while but has no relation to any army that I currently collect...

WDPreviewNovember-Nov30-P118-Content.jpg

Can't wait to see the rules!!! 

I wondered if they'll add some sort of PvE content. I'd prefer some sort of new content, a new board where two or more teams need to enter a vault and fight the petitioners, golems and a final boss, perhaps the board could also have a deck of cards to play against the players. 

I like the add on but would prefer a more serious addition to the game. 

• Like 1

Ok, here' s the rules parsed into easier steps:

If he’s not on guard,  he goes on guard. End turn.

If he is on guard, players determine who controls him. Player with no figs controls him or a dice roll determines the controller.

1.) He may “kick” an adjacent figure of the controller’s choice (1 damage + 1 push)

2.) He “moves” twice.

a)       If he cannot move, he Bellows (1 damage to each other fig) and ends turn.

b)      If he can move, once he has finished moving, if there’s a figurine in range he chooses an attack, resolves it and ends turn.

c)       If he can move, once he has finished moving, if there’s no fighter in range and he’s not inspired, roll 4 def dice and heal = number of Shields & Crits and ends turn.

d)      If he can move, once he has finished moving, if there’s no fighter in range and he is inspired, he Bellows (1 damage to each other fig) and ends turn.