The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

So... no nurgle no Bonesplitterz no Dark aelves no Slaanesh no deepkin no gor beastmen was hoping for epic posed Gor and a Minotaur  no more of the older races no wanderers guess the half aelf half rotten tree things are 25% ael ves 75% bark kinda like them though love the Dark Oath group I like the goblins I don't like the mushroom Trol and in not sure about the overlords. Kinda excited and disappointed mostly disapdisappointed cause there are no nurgle but really happy with the Dark Oath they really look Conan&Red Sonya might change the hairstyles and do a headswap here and there but i love the Dark oaths

A pity about the lack of DoK but given Season 2's theme I kinda get it. Overall I'm happy with the warbands that were revealed. Not just for Underworlds but for AOS proper! There's also an interesting thing with the Order releases (excluding the storm casts) we had Fyrelayers last season and we'll get Sylvaneth and KO this season. Unless I'm mistaken that's the exact order that they were released in for AOS. The same with the Choas God warbands, we had Khorne last season and Tzeentch this one. If this is right then we should get DOK and Idoneth, along with Nurgle in Season 3.

Edited by zedatkinszed
  • Like 3

The good point is there won't be 2 stormcast bands and 2 Khorne (or other god) bands. Undeads, humans, green skins, elves, dwarves, chaos and monsters: every major fantasy species  has his band.  The first season has his flaws but I enjoyed it, I hope season 2 will be better. Moreover, I am waiting for the goblin band: the models can be great like the SGs or the skavens were.

For the moment, I don't think I'ill buy most of the warband as I did for Shadespire but I'll keep an eye on Nightvault.

• Like 1

So I had the opportunity to unbox Nightvault at my LGS today. 

No new universal cards. The only new ploys usable by Season 1 have already been leaked. 

Theres additional copies of great fortitude and great speed. As well as two copies of Lucky charm (upgrade that is discarded if it succeeds or fails, chance to 'dispel' or 'deny' an enemy spell).

In regards to support for Season 1 warbands, it's thoroughly underwhelming. 

Both Nighthaunt and Wizardcast have the potential to be fairly strong. With Nighthaunt having 3 gambit cards (new name for ploy, upgrade and spell cards) that allow them to redeploy fighters on any starting hex. 

Varclav has an upgrade that grants an additional glory point when he slays a fighter. 

Briar queen has an upgrade that uses her whip as a rope, and pulls the fighter she's targeted up to two hexes towards her.

Nighthaunt have no way of coming back into action like SepGuard.

Stormcast have a bucketload more spell cards. 

Both decks have 3 score immediately faction specific cards, with some easier to achieve than others. 

Just preordered my copy of Nightvault, so excited about a new season and the upcoming warbands!

What do you think about Season 1 warbands? First I was afraid that they would become totally outclassed and not competitive given the lack of new mechanics such as spells. However, considering that some of the new warbands won't have spells either (i.e. KO), I hope some of the old warbands still remain top tier, or at least sort of playable on the competitive scene.

I'm still afraid they might be a bit outdated compared to the new ones, but 'Id be happy if they just remain competitive enough...

Edited by ogmaadn

52 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I'd be shocked if the dwarfs had a caster. I imagine they'll just have big guns 

Or their version of a Runelord or something like it. I reckon they'll probably get aether fueled grenades or something along those lines but.

Edited by Dirtnaps

I might be a bit out of the loop regarding announcements to rules changes, but today's WC article on the old 8 warbands just stated this in the Sepulchral Guard section.

In practice, this means that when you bring back a Sepulchral Guard fighter from the dead, they have no tokens – meaning they’re free to act again as you wish.

I think this is a great change for not only them but the skaven too.

Unless there's some detail in the rules we've yet to see, I'm a little sad to hear that the spells appear to essentially be power cards that rely on dice results.  I've avoided those cards so far in Shadespire.   Granted in this case if you have a caster with 2+ skill you're rolling more than 1 die so you've got better odds of getting a good result, but it still gives me pause.