The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

44 minutes ago, Tutenkharnage said:

I love them as well, but I'm a little leery of putting items into lethal hexes, which the skull throne and tentacle pit are clearly designed for. I just know I'll keep forgetting that those hexes are not, in fact, blocked!

They look fantastic, though. I suspect they'll come unassembled and unpainted.

Agreed. Neat looking stuff, but not really game-appropriate to place in hexes that you can occupy with models.

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Agreed. Neat looking stuff, but not really game-appropriate to place in hexes that you can occupy with models.

I'm assuming the 3D terrain doesn't do anything in the game, just looks cool. Somewhere in the spoilers it stated the terrain was just matching whatever in printed on the boards themselves. So the 3D terrain doesn't do anything except look 3D. As far as I can tell anyway.

Also, you can just move it out of the way when necessary, it's not like it has to be there. But I do see the issue of forgetting the hex(es) are still occupiable.

The thing I like about the Nighthaunt ghosts is that so far they seem to be weird/different enough to warrant using cards that wouldn't necessarily be good or competitive in previous bands. An objective that comes to mind is Brawl. The goal, if you want to get them inspired, is to get your fighters adjacent to enemy fighters. Their inspire condition goes against Alone in the Dark, but could work for Brawl. The other cool thing is since you'd be wanting to get adjacent with the enemy, and your opponent is most likely playing Alone in the Dark as it's a fantastic objective, you can actively shut your opponents AitD down from scoring it.

Killing Ground and Trapped are a couple other objectives that could work. It seems like the ghosts will be able to be all over the place and go where ever they want. Killing Ground could work as you could take out a fighter in enemy territory and then hope they take one in yours and someone dies in no mans land. Trapped is another potential winner as you could swarm an enemy and attack them causing them to be driven back but not able. 

Acrobatic seems like a nobrainer with so much double dodge on decent fighters, with no (none spoiled yet anyway) way to ressurrect. Trusted Defender will be good as well for defense.

• Like 2

@Anthony225 Good point regarding Alone in the Darkness. I’ve built objective decks without it, simply on the premise that actively working to prevent it allows me to deny 2 glory to nearly every opponent I play. Seems like a good idea for the Thorns, since they’ll have multiple ways to pull it off. 

Edited by Tutenkharnage

Wow, the Briar Queens lieutenant, Varclav the Chained, can push all chainrasps 2 spaces as an action. That plus Drifting Advance is an awful lot of figures moving 4 hexes for one action.  Doesn't look like there's a reanimate mechanic (unless they have an action card) but I'm excited to try these guys out.

Varclav the Chained may single handedly enable nighthaunts to be a viable objective grabbing warband. Who cares about great concussion or even earthquake combined when you can push 5/7 of your fighters 2 hexes with 1 action. 

Hopefully they are not to good though. They seem to hit with a good amount of damage, not great, but also seem fairly fragile. Especially since, at this point, there doesnt seem to be any revive mechanic . I guess there could be a spell though. 

I'm pretty excited for the nighthaunts. I really like the idea of super fast ghosts moving through everything. 

11 minutes ago, Tutenkharnage said:

Varclav’s action is strong, but you’ll care when I play Great Concussion after his last activation ?

Yeah it wouldn't work 100% of the time. But having access to an "action" that you don't have to hope you have in your hand or have to wait to counter another great concussion is way better than not having access to that action. As a nighthaunt player I'd probably still play great concussion so eventually I'd have a really good shot of sitting on objectives to score stuff. May even take earthquake as well for a ridiculous amount of movement shenanigans. 

16 hours ago, BrAiKo said:

So do we think the warband with the Tzaangor will be:

1. all tzaangor (x4?)

2. Tzaangor and acolytes

3. Tzaangor and brayherd 

4. Other?

Now that I think of it, is it potentially likely the Tzaangor will be led by a Shaman on foot, with all the magic in this edition?

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 12:53 AM, Mr. White said:

hmmm...i'd prefer the model image in the upper left to be unpainted like Shadespire as I often do my own color scheme.

Tbh, I'm completely the opposite. I've always thought it's very amateur to show unpainted miniatures on the cards. You've got this lovely artwork on there, and then bam, unpainted plastic.

Unpainted plastic matches your colour scheme just as much as a painted miniature, so for me, I'd much rather see a painted miniature on the card that matches the artwork.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Tbh, I'm completely the opposite. I've always thought it's very amateur to show unpainted miniatures on the cards. You've got this lovely artwork on there, and then bam, unpainted plastic.

Unpainted plastic matches your colour scheme just as much as a painted miniature, so for me, I'd much rather see a painted miniature on the card that matches the artwork.

Yeah, I always thought the cards looked "incomplete" with the cool detailed artwork, and then a picture of the corresponding bare plastic miniature.

3 hours ago, dillonjay21 said:

Super excited for all the revealed warbands. Especially the grots, troggoth + little buddies, and the barbarians.

Can someone explain the deal with the living rock and the living mushroom that the flying squig is perched on? I’m totally lost here. 

Edited by Tutenkharnage

8 minutes ago, Tutenkharnage said:

Can someone explain the deal with the living rock and the living mushroom that he flying saying is perched on? I’m totally lost here. 

Don't over-think it. Its a mushroom capable of thought and movement, just like a grot. The rock is like a little rogue idol i guess. 

• Like 1