The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

I almost can't get over how extremely boring I find the Farstriders. The leader with the bird is okay, but the other two are amazingly uninspired. 
I guess this will be the first warband I'm actually gonna convert.

The "standard uniform" theme works for a warband with lots of unnamed dudes - but not for this small scale game with individual characters.
Steelhearth's warband managed to make them individuals.

Bloodbound looks good though - I really like the "soul-skulls" on the base :)

• Like 1

The new bands are a disappointment: 

The stormcasts have nothing special, the bird is not dynamic: fauconnerie-equestre2.jpg

That is impressive. The stormcast bird looks fat and having a nap.

The blood warriors are just very alike the easy to build one's. The leader have the same, the very same, weapon. The Khorne Hound is not dynamic too.

chien-de-course.jpg

This is a scarier dog. It look it really, really want to bit something. The model looks like a old dog barking because he feels he has to, in memories of the old days, but who doesn't care if someone is stealing your car.

• Like 1

I think I'm pretty disappointed with Magores Reavers.

Nothing stands out on them. Heck, the leader doesn't even stand out (I think it's the guy with the more daemonic looking axe).

Two of them are just Axe and Gorefist, no love for a different weapon kit out?

Dunno, they don't really stand out to me at all.

I think at least the Farstriders have somewhat dynamic poses even if they're super similar to the actual Vanguard Hunters set anyway.

I think they're definitely the least interesting sets of Shadespire to say the least (From a model perspective of course).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Killax said:

I think the Blood Warriors look great to be honest, just requires some bits for converting. But I feel/felt the same about Garreks Reavers.

The blood warriors have the same weapons and pose that the two guys from the start collecting. The dog is very similar to the one of Korgos Khul. Just facing another Direction.

They could have put a guy with a goreglaive, one guy blocking a hit with his shield, another jumping like Saek... but, no, nothing.

It's even worse for the 3 vanguard. Even I could have make the exact same pose and stuff with a bit of conversion.

Very disappointing when you remember how awesome severin stealheart were. You could put them alongside 60 liberators, and they would instantly pop out. I'm not even sure those 3 blood warriors can stand out among 10.

Edited by ledha

6 minutes ago, ledha said:

I'm not even sure those 3 blood warriors can stand out among 10.

Other than Garrek and Saek I don't see the rest of the Reavers stand out that much either. Not when you'd compair them to their initial sculpt design idea (starterbox). But I do agree that for me personally not converting them can make them look very bland.

Still think they'd stand out though. Just not by that much.

image.png.3ac201487fc16e557ea7ee43d6726eb2.png

99120201036_KhorneBloodWarriors01.jpg

60010299006_WHAgeofSigmarBoxENG05.jpg

But I do agree, you can see they didn't gave it their all for the sculpt.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

I'm still buying them!

Of course! We all are! xD

10 hours ago, ledha said:

The blood warriors have the same weapons and pose that the two guys from the start collecting. The dog is very similar to the one of Korgos Khul. Just facing another Direction.

Very disappointing when you remember how awesome severin stealheart were. You could put them alongside 60 liberators, and they would instantly pop out. I'm not even sure those 3 blood warriors can stand out among 10.

I agree, but...! At least they stand out among themselves which is less than I can say about the Farstriders. With only three models you'd have thought they'd be able to make each fighter truly stand out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cerve said:

So....they took BOLTER-CROSSBOW in a game where the longest range weapons are a long stick, a kunai and an Axe with a chain. 

And glass darts, don't forget about those :P

I believe they're the only range 3 weapons, actually.  Can't imagine what the range on those bolters will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveman said:

And glass darts, don't forget about those :P

I believe they're the only range 3 weapons, actually.  Can't imagine what the range on those bolters will be.

Throwing Stars for Skaven and the Shadeglass Axe both have range 3, too. I am really curious, how strong the crossbow will be... a full Warband with ranged attacks  could be extremely powerfull.

I actually think both warbands having models that are not super distinctb from others of their ilk makes perfect sense. It's not like they were 90's metal super group that got trapped. They were stormcast and chaos warriors like b any others.

As for poses, I am glad they are not crazy dynamic. These are not lightly armored acrobats. These are heavily armored tanks. They shouldn't by in flexi-pose mode.

Any rumours about about "card upgrade" packs or the chance to buy only the game materials (meaning, board, tokens...)?

I know several people which would play Shadespire but are reluctant because they have not intention of playing SCE or Reavers.

Personally, I don't like being forced to buy warbands I'm not gonna build or play, only to gain access to 3-5 Cards...

6 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I actually think both warbands having models that are not super distinctb from others of their ilk makes perfect sense. It's not like they were 90's metal super group that got trapped. They were stormcast and chaos warriors like b any others.

As for poses, I am glad they are not crazy dynamic. These are not lightly armored acrobats. These are heavily armored tanks. They shouldn't by in flexi-pose mode.

Aaah... the ancient debate whether a GW game should be a story or a game. As a story it makes sense to have three identical soldiers being trapped in the cursed city of Shadespire. 
As a game it doesn't make sense to have fighters with different abilities look alike.
I kinda think the coherence between models and rules are a bit lacking in WU:SS in general. Take the skaven. We got models with shields using avoid to defend. And the one model who uses shields to defend doesn't have one.

It's just the little things. You have these amazing high quality models. You'd be able to convey SO much information through the models, but they choose to just make cool models and then slap some rules on top. Function before form!

Also you can have a dynamic pose without the model doing gymnastics - Even a heavily armored knight makes some form of movement to swing his sword or parray a blow.
But this is where "this is a game" kicks in again. Static or dynamic... They are playing pieces! As long as they convey what they should.

I can't stop thinking about the farstriders and their crossbows. What stats do You expect?

I suppose it is represented by an attack action rather than an upgrade, and it will be the same on every farstrider.

Range 3, two Attack dice with the sword characteristic and one damage is my guess. Maybe inspire giving it an extra die and a crit effect.

The preview also shows two new cards which right off seem to indicate that "Season 2" would bring 10 new warbands: season 1 will have 8, in the end, with 437 cards. The new set will contain 557 cards, so 437 + 2×60...

Looks like the new base set might be Undead spirits vs what I'd guess is Stormcast Prosecutors

• Like 1

Sure sounds like a Death vs Stormcast set to me, makes sence also, because Shadespire is heavily Death influenced afterall and I think we will see more influences from Nagash effecting Shadespire also. It all really blends in well with a Malign Portents aftermath in my opinion. 

Looking forward to it all, but will also say I am not certain if I'll get all of Wave 2 also. Would have loved to see more on the Blood Warriors and Hunters first to be honest with you... Like Fighter cards.

My wild speculation is that it's Nighthaunt (well that's basically guaranteed with the one card art) and either Dispossessed or Free Peoples. Lightning with an Anvil doesn't seem like it could be much else, other than SCE but there's already two of those. 

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

My wild speculation is that it's Nighthaunt (well that's basically guaranteed with the one card art) and either Dispossessed or Free Peoples. Lightning with an Anvil doesn't seem like it could be much else, other than SCE but there's already two of those. 

AdepticonPreview-Mar22-WHUWCards3vs-500x
Well the other card seems to have Stormcast on it also, quite clearly even.
Most of the time Warband specific cards depict artwork that matches the Warband? But maby this will be different, who knows.

I do however think that if they'd picked something like Duaradin/Disposses the background of the symbol might be orange again. This blue is very much like the Stormcast cards we have seen before. I also think that the second Khorne Warband will depict a red icon background too. 

Yeah, pretty sure it's Stormcast, which is both a shame and interesting I guess at the same time.

It's interesting because it means that whatever chamber opens up, it's likely to have some more 'foot sloggers' in it. Which may mean that Stormcast armies in future will be more varied again.

It's a shame, because it really does reinforce that there's probably going to be another at least semi-major Stormcast release this year. I don't think they'll just drop a few new models from a new chamber just in Shadespire, and that means that yet again, Stormcast are taking up release schedule time when there are so many more interesting factions to expand in the world.

On the flipside, definitely interested to see how the Nighthaunts turn out. I would've liked to see a Flesh-Eater Courts warband, but the Nighthaunts are also a good choice. Especially since it's looking like they may be expanded somewhat in the future with a new Black Coach.

• Like 1