The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

What is offcourse a real possability is that for the second wave of Warhammer Underworlds it's quite possible or even likely that a Darkoath Warband will show up. I say this because I do feel a second wave of Warhammer Underworlds would likely follow the same setting for Age of Sigmar in 2018, with possibly a new city but perhaps even Shadespire again (due to the books comming I think both are valid options).

I feel 2018 will center around Death(rattle), Dark Elves, Darkoath, offcourse Stormcast and possibly even Night Grots. Would make for a dark dark 2018 ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2017 at 10:57 AM, Killax said:

What is offcourse a real possability is that for the second wave of Warhammer Underworlds it's quite possible or even likely that a Darkoath Warband will show up. I say this because I do feel a second wave of Warhammer Underworlds would likely follow the same setting for Age of Sigmar in 2018, with possibly a new city but perhaps even Shadespire again (due to the books comming I think both are valid options).

I feel 2018 will center around Death(rattle), Dark Elves, Darkoath, offcourse Stormcast and possibly even Night Grots. Would make for a dark dark 2018 ;) 

I think we're more likely to see a continuation of the core factions that already have an armybook before lots of new stuff like Darkoath. I remember reading somewhere, back when the game was first announced, that all these sets had been sat around awaiting release for quite a while. So I feel like the second batch is more likely to be on the lines of;

Seraphon, Moonclan, Pestilens, Flesh Eaters, Stormcast Prosecutors?, Beastclaw Raiders, etc;

I susect things like AElves will most likely be saved unti we get a "new" setting, probably set in the Realm of Shadow/Light to keep with the whole "Cities of Mirrors" theme.

1 hour ago, Mr. White said:

I thought I saw glimpses of the Chosen Axes models in one of the promo videos for Shadespire some time back. It also had the skaven in it.

I can't find this video now...have I lost my mind?

Their box art was indeed shown in one of the videos on the website, but not the models themselves however. That being said we can kinda guess from the box art, and a modicum of common sense, that the warband will consist of 4 fighters; A Runefather and 3 Vulkite Beserkers. (1w/ Great Weapon? and 2 w/2 Axes)

Edited by Praetor of Calth
  • Like 1

I dunno... If I was GW I would ride the wave of new releases. It would make sense to make a warband for Nurgle, Darkoath and whatever new AoS releases are coming.

Also Night Goblins could use some love in general... Right now they are a horrible mish mash of models spanding several generations. They need a reboot. 
I really hope the new mushroom seer is the herald for a new age of grots!

On 05/01/2018 at 9:14 PM, Goblin-King said:

I dunno... If I was GW I would ride the wave of new releases. It would make sense to make a warband for Nurgle, Darkoath and whatever new AoS releases are coming.

Also Night Goblins could use some love in general... Right now they are a horrible mish mash of models spanding several generations. They need a reboot. 
I really hope the new mushroom seer is the herald for a new age of grots!

I'm not saying they won't, just that whatever they have produced for season 2 has most likely been done for a while. So it's highly likely that it'll be made up of factions that have already been updated in one form or another.

I hope we see a mixture of both in the next season in all honesty. I'm really looking forward to the day things like Seraphon and FEC get updated models for the new setting, just too see how they'll fit in. Alongside things like Pestigors to fill gaps in the model range.

I've seen a few mentions on the internet, namely amongst the MP portents news, of some sort of skybound gladitorial arena. Maybe a hint at the 2nd Underworlds setting?

1 hour ago, Praetor of Calth said:

I'm not saying they won't, just that whatever they have produced for season 2 has most likely been done for a while. So it's highly likely that it'll be made up of factions that have already been updated in one form or another.

I hope we see a mixture of both in the next season in all honesty. I'm really looking forward to the day things like Seraphon and FEC get updated models for the new setting, just too see how they'll fit in. Alongside things like Pestigors to fill gaps in the model range.

I've seen a few mentions on the internet, namely amongst the MP portents news, of some sort of skybound gladitorial arena. Maybe a hint at the 2nd Underworlds setting?

I personally have no idea why they went with stuff such as a skryre allegiance with acolytes as the only viable source of battleline for numbers on the table, considering they are such terribly outdated models.

I think a lot of issues could be solved if there were more generic battleline options that can take a keyword similar to slaves of darkness being able to pick khorne and such. Skaven clanrats being able to take a keyword: skryre, verminus, pestilence, etc would fix most of the army gaps for that army. I think the same would go for many other lists.

I would personally love to see some mixed destruction lists and such and hope MP will allow that in a better fashion. Giving us new synergies.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! 

Just one more thing to keep me distracted from doing real work at work. Might actually start messing around with decks now, as I can just flip around on the website.

Would be nice if you could see them in a tiled format with the actual card text without having to click the Is.

Edited by someone2040
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Sweet! 

Just one more thing to keep me distracted from doing real work at work. Might actually start messing around with decks now, as I can just flip around on the website.

Would be nice if you could see them in a tiled format with the actual card text without having to click the Is.

SO MUCH THIS!!!
The website is a great tool, don't get me wrong, but there's room for improvement.

11 hours ago, ReynakZhen said:

Has there been any sightings of the up and coming Fyreslayers warband? the Skaven have been spoiled a while ago. Aren't the two being released around the same time?

They want to spread the hype over a longer period?

56 minutes ago, Attackmack said:

Why cant we build our own decks with their card library, the main use for such a tool :/

They have explicitly told us it's because that would require a login system which would take quite a bit more time to implement.
They are very aware of our wishes for this. 

46 minutes ago, Goblin-King said:

They want to spread the hype over a longer period?

They have explicitly told us it's because that would require a login system which would take quite a bit more time to implement.
They are very aware of our wishes for this. 

If it also implements a "collection" then yeah, you need a login system, but without it there would be no need for it. Just a way to pick and choose from all available cards to get a decklist ready for print would do just fine.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:08 PM, ReynakZhen said:

Has there been any sightings of the up and coming Fyreslayers warband? the Skaven have been spoiled a while ago. Aren't the two being released around the same time?

There's a Warhammer Studio Preview on Thursday (for LVO), I would imagine we see both new Warbands previewed along with other stuff (Aelves?)

• Like 1

On 21/01/2018 at 5:04 PM, Goblin-King said:

Sure, but wouldn't you want to save and tweak your deck though? It would be annoying to have to re-create it every time you'd swap a single card :) 

Oh absolutely, if thats something they are working on im happy to wait :)

If not, id much prefer an unsavable builder to just a simple database.