The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

The new warbands arrived today and they are pretty sweet. I was impressed how they fit so much stuff into such small boxes! 

Hopeing to play my first games next weekend. 

Does anyone know if one of the card packs in the expansions is a starter set like you get in the main game? I thought it would say on them but it isn’t obvious. (Not opening them yet so I don’t mix things up).

Saw this earlier. The arguments over 5/6 models is interesting.

too busy sleeveing my new cards to put the effort in to working it out myself!

grey or brown for skaven I wonder? I reckon the dwarves will be orange...

Edited by Sim

2 hours ago, Urbanus said:

Are we done talking Skaven or havent we begun yet?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1876788/skaven

We havn´t started but without cards and context there is very little to talk about :P 

Depending on their character cards I can only say, I do think they should have Movement 5, which is great. On top of that we could see more Glory steals, card discards and other nastyness that fits the Skaven vibe. I think we will also see multiple models with Range 2 weapons. My guesses would be:

- 5 Skaven, I mean people are free to tell me where the 6th ninja is ;) 
- All Movement 5
- 2 characters with Range 2 Weapons (my guess is 2 damage for the assist, 3 for the leader)
- 2 characters with double handweapon (my guess is Arnulf stats with Movement 5, Crit for 2 damage)
- 1 character with Shield defence 

Not a clue what would make them unique at this point though. I do expect an additional Action. Perhaps Spiteclaw himself will have the option to move through models and otherwise blocked terrain, could be cool.

image.jpg

Lastly at least two of them have the Stormvermin vibe so 5 isn't out of the realm of options, granted, I too would have loved to see a 6th one in here, even if it was just a single giant rat.

Edited by Killax
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Killax said:

- 5 Skaven, I mean people are free to tell me where the 6th ninja is ;) 

He is behind you...

5 skaven/5 reavers just doesn’t seem right. 6 would make a lot more sense to me. I expect 4 dwarves when those appear to match the orruks.

Edited by Sim
  • Haha 1

Can't dissagree, though without Warden like Action options, Ploy cards or Upgrades who hand out more movement 6 guys might aswell be 5 instead. So far Ive also not found enough synergy with the 5 Bloodreavers to be called that much noteworthy. It helps somewhat but only if you actually have 3 Objectives in your territory as Supremacy is essentially Hold ABC. That 3 Glory obtained is more as most fighters would possibly score in a game without dying. 

Now I have to agree, 4 Fyreslayers are also still a very possible option. Would prefer 5 though.

I agree with a lot of Killax thouhts. Two guys with reach and a "tank" judging from the models. Im also a bit surprised that they match Bloodreavers one to one. Doesnt really seem like that in the background and the models themselves. But by that logic they must be less "writling down the opponent" and more punchy like Seak. Since they are skaven they have to be fast which means objective grabbing seems a likely strategy.

Will be interesting to see if they have a "mechanic" like the Guard or they are just a strait forward team. 

On 11/4/2017 at 10:16 PM, Sim said:

He is behind you...

5 skaven/5 reavers just doesn’t seem right. 6 would make a lot more sense to me. I expect 4 dwarves when those appear to match the orruks.

Since the Deathrattle have the resurrection mechanic, it doesn't seem impossible that the Skaven might have some reinforcement mechanic. 2 of these 5 could simple be "Clan Rat", 1 wound wonders, which can be replaced at the start of each turn. Leaving two "Stormvermin" and the leader as the rats to upgrade.

I saw this image on the WU Facebook page and even with increased speed it's hard not to compare them to the Reavers. They must have some whacky mechanics. Surely?

22007675_1461758620569630_3151714115213134513_n.jpg

38 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they mentioned proper images of the cards but I was sitting right at the back so couldn't hear very well

That is great because I plan to print a second copy of the cards to use at home and didn't really want to start scanning all the cards.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:55 AM, Wallack said:

I wonder if they'll h ave a scan of the cards or just the text and info.

On 11/7/2017 at 11:02 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

I think they mentioned proper images of the cards but I was sitting right at the back so couldn't hear very well

On 11/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, Wallack said:

That is great because I plan to print a second copy of the cards to use at home and didn't really want to start scanning all the cards.

I'm 90% sure it's just card names and what box they're in -- they're trying to sell product after all

Well nobody but GW HQ knows for sure. The closer you are to them though the more you know. Most spoilers are very close to the source who knows.

I think well see Skaven and Fyreslayers very late December but more likely in January. Could also be Skaven late December.

12 hours ago, Sim said:

You lot know better than me, how much do we trust games workshop employees? Manager of my local GW suggested skaven and dwarves could be with us after the necromunda release. I had only read 1st quarter 2018 for these.

Well, they can shimy over their release schedules over a bit. Considering ironskull and skellies were in november, these would get out in december at the very least, so a couple of weeks (hopefully!) of delay ain't much.

By the way, aside from LVO and B&G is there any noteworthy event? It seems tournament scene may be doing pretty decent, considering in one of my LGSs we can barely scroung 4 players for AoS events while shadespire racked 6 (plus two that had to withdraw due to personal and unexpected issues) at the first attempt.

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha

1 hour ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Well, they can shimy over their release schedules over a bit. Considering ironskull and skellies were in november, these would get out in december at the very least, so a couple of weeks (hopefully!) of delay ain't much.

By the way, aside from LVO and B&G is there any noteworthy event? It seems tournament scene may be doing pretty decent, considering in one of my LGSs we can barely scroung 4 players for AoS events while shadespire racked 6 (plus two that had to withdraw due to personal and unexpected issues) at the first attempt.

The next grand clash is at waaghpaca in Wisconsin in January. I think adepticon is doing Shadespire too. I'm not sure when the next  big uk event is.