The Shadespire News and Rumour Thread

Gaz Taylor

I'm really exited for the Spiteclaw's Swarm! I can see a lot of cool stuff coming with them.

But I am just curious what will set the Fireslayers apart from Orruks. They look like a combat oriented warband with most likely a similar statline (4 HP, Speed 3 but maybe dodge for defence?). What do You guys think will make them unique?

Nice preview, thanks! Hadn't seen that anywhere else.

I'm really excited for both of these. Honestly I don't particularly like the look of Fyre Slayers, but I think they will be fun to paint. I'm gonna make their runes glow. OSL is such fun to paint. Skaven are always cool.

I won't even begin to guess what the rules for either will be. But I bet we'll get 2 more pieces for the armor set. Could we possible get 2 more keys?
I hope we get a couple of cards that let us do something with objective 5. Nothing synergizes with unlucky 5 right now - and that's a problem because your opponent knows to go after the other objectives rather than 5. 

16 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Ok, can we try to guess the Inspire conditions for these warbands?

My cautious bet is:

Chosen Axes:
Inspire when your team captures 2 objectives (Treasure hunters)
Spiteclaw's Swarm:
Inspire when all alive fighters are within 2 hexes of the leader

I really like the treasure hunter idea (I don't know anything of the fireslayer lore though). But with only two objectives requiered that would certainly mean the fireslayers are inspired in the first round of the game without coming in contact with an enemy.  Maybe more or objectives or objectives in enemy territory.

Interesting idea regarding Spiteclaw's Swarm. But that too seems easy to achive early in the game without much efford.

My guess is something like an adjacent fighter being taken out of action or taking someone out of action with another adjacent friendly fighter.. This would somehow represent the swarmishnes.

On 24/01/2018 at 7:02 AM, Hesa_First said:

I'm really exited for the Spiteclaw's Swarm! I can see a lot of cool stuff coming with them.

But I am just curious what will set the Fireslayers apart from Orruks. They look like a combat oriented warband with most likely a similar statline (4 HP, Speed 3 but maybe dodge for defence?). What do You guys think will make them unique?

They should be more defensive/harder to damage than orruks but with less speed

On 25.1.2018 at 10:18 AM, Carnelian said:

They should be more defensive/harder to damage than orruks but with less speed

You think so? I would really like to see 3 HP on them, as Orruks/SCE have massive Bodies in heavy armour. Even though this is represented by the defence die, I have a feeling that this contributes to the HP value as well. And considerin this, I would say naked tiny dudes could come with only 3 HP. Afterall Bloodreaver are still extremely massive men that are blesses by the God of Slaughter... and two of them come with only 2 HP.

Maybe this is more of a wish though, as I expect Khorne Warriors and the other SC warband to come with 4 HP each. With Fyreslayers at 4 HP, that would mean 5 of 8 warbands have a minimum of 4 HP per model (not considering the Khorne doggo for now). And dealing 4 damage in one swing seems mandatory in most decks already.

EDIT: Misread Your statement, sorry.

What are Your guesses? Like some good ploys boosting their defence or rolling two defensice dice with the dodge characteristic?

Edited by Hesa_First
Misread comment

Some images (not mine) from the new White Dwarf.

Releases on the 17th Feb.

Skaven inspire when a ploy is played on them.

Fyreslayers inspire when they hold an objective at the end of the turn.

Looks like the key axe is only range 1 though, which is a shame.

27066854_344544779288358_6640232485770691313_n.jpg

27337004_344544772621692_310822888755901943_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Man, every one of those fyreslayer sculpts is better than 90% of the fyreslayer range. That's how you make an oversized key-axe look badass.  Some more variation in helms, beards and faces would be nice but warband's a good 'un.

EDIT: Wow, skaven look infuriating to play against.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Killax said:

Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunatly the great Warleaders kind of highlight to me that Garrek's Reavers will be near useless soon. 

Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. While Spiteclaws have the speed and rez, unless Krrk is on the same scale as Saek, Reavers will have the blitz punch to remain relevant, as well as very strong faction-only cards. We'll see how the meta shakes out but I don't see any one Warband becoming "useless".

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Man, every one of those fyreslayer sculpts is better than 90% of the fyreslayer range. That's how you make an oversized key-axe look badass.  

Keyblade conversion? I'll paint it up like Oathkeeper :D

Edited by Requizen

1 hour ago, Goblin-King said:

Can anyone transcribe the cards or provide a bigger image?

I wonder how exactly Skritch's "summon" works?

Skritch's Card

Wicked Halberd: If you roll at least one crit, this attack action has cleave.

Action: Place a friendly fighter that was taken out of action (other than Krrk) on ANY starting hex and remove their wound counters

Inspire Ability: A player chooses this fighter when using a ploy

Spoils of Battle (Generic)

- Play an upgrade card. This does not cost a glory point.

There are always more (Skaven)

- Choose a friendly fighter that is out of action (Other than Skritch or Krrk). Remove all wound tokes from them and place them on ANY starting hex.

Sacrificial Pawn (Generic)

- Choose a friendly fighter. If they are taken out of action in the next activation you gain a glory point.]

Swarm of Rats (Skaven)

-  Targets all adjacent fighters. Roll for each. 

- Range 1, 3 Swords, 1 Damage

Fjul-Grimmir's Card

- Long ago the Fyreslayers of Vostarg Lodge failed in their oaths to protect the city of Shadespire. Fjul-Grimmir, a former Runefather, sacrificed his birthright to enter the Mirrored City, end the curse and restore the honour of his people.

Inspire: The fighter holds an objective at the end of the action phase

The Earth Shakes (Fyreslayers)

-  Choose a fighter and push them one hex

Ur-Gold Boon (Fyreslayers)

- Healing potion duplicate

Activated Runes (Fyreslayers)

- Everytime this fighter makes an attack action you may re-roll one dice.

A Claim Retaker (Fyreslayers)

- Way too blurry to read.

Edited by Praetor of Calth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Killax said:

Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunatly the great Warleaders kind of highlight to me that Garrek's Reavers will be near useless soon. 

Mmmh i am not sure, I read that there is spiteclaw,  1 skaven named Krrrk and 3 clanrats. Spiteclaw is better than Garrek (every leader is better than Garrek) but he is far less disposable. We don't know how good will be Krrk, range attack? hitting one hammers? Cleave on crits? About the 3 clanrats neither but there is great chances they would look like Arnolff or Targor +1 mouvement.

So Spiteclaw's ressuction action will have no really good target, where the Warden has 3. He would probably use it to grab objective but the clanrats won't get improved; may be be even inspired they deal 1 damage, or 2 but only with 2 swords, 2 damages with 3 dices hitting one swords should be the best they can hope for.

So why Garrek's reavers will still have a chances to be a valid band: they still have 3 good/average fighters, they are still prety fast and they could be quite good against the Skavens: almost as fast, probably hitting harder, doesn't care about the stipeclaw's potential cleave. It is ture that getting inspired is harder and harder for the Reavers.

In a other hand, Orruk are going to be in trouble, the have combat aimed objective cards and they are slow, denial will be almost impossible to score. 

The Guard petitioners will be very exposed to skavens.

Anyway, I am quite fond of the glipse on those 2 new bands: they seem to bring realy new thing, way of playing in the game. I can't wait to run after rats or using shardeshifter of desacrate to mess with the drawes.

Edited by Biboune