Terrorgheists no longer summonable?

Soup Dragon

I am looking at starting a Death army, so have been reading closely through the rules, compendium and Flesh-eater courts book. Am I correct in thinking that in tournament play the most recent rules for a unit are used? I see that Terrorgheists  (and some other stuff including ghouls) are no longer summonable in the Flesh Eater Courts book, and that being newer than the compendium it takes precedence. So I would no longer be able to summon them. Is that correct?

It is a bit of a blow as they could do a first turn gas attack with the summon.

On the other hand, they are now even choppier than they used to be. Also the spell of the ridden version is powerful.

You can still use the warscroll from GA: Death for the terrorgheist as its from the beasts of the grave section, so technically hasn't been changed unlike the flesh eater courts section of that book. The flesh eater courts terrorgheist is a new warscroll. GW confirmed you can use both, and Heelanhammer suggested the same in last weeks podcast I believe. 

On 28/05/2016 at 10:38 PM, Karl said:

You can still use the warscroll from GA: Death for the terrorgheist as its from the beasts of the grave section, so technically hasn't been changed unlike the flesh eater courts section of that book. The flesh eater courts terrorgheist is a new warscroll. GW confirmed you can use both, and Heelanhammer suggested the same in last weeks podcast I believe. 

That's how I see it. There are two Warscrolls depending on which way you want to run your Terrorgheists.

If you're running a "traditional" Death army and want to summon Terrorgheists, then use the GA: Death one.

If you're running a Flesh Eater Court and want to include one with all the FEC synergies, use the BT: FEC one.

Just make sure your opponent knows what you're using prior to the battle, and I'm sure you won't have any issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 8:56 AM, Nicholas Bollaert said:

Agreed, although obviously event comp may override, GW has made it clear they expect all versions of a Warscroll to remain playable.

This is not particularly true as some warscrolls have been permanently changed. there are others, but the old Vargulf is definitly very gone from the app. I think id i were to organize a tournament (working on jsut that) i'd allow anything in the app.

Later, i think if it's not availbe in the GW I'd pull it from the comp.

Archived