Seraphon

crazyhorse1321

So on a whim I kinda decided I was going to build a 2K seraphon army for adepticon next year. After looking at units I think they have some staying power to hold objectives but I fail to see any real power hitters in the army. Am I missing something or overlooking some potential combo thats really good? 

I have been plahing seraphon for a while now and there are several Combos you can use to make competitive heavy hitter armies.

I can help you with anything you need but here are just a couple of combos that make for nasty combinations:

Oldblood on Carnosaurs:

I recently played a 1500 Seraphon list that was really fun to play and actually competitive if you play it right (Killed 2 stone horns by the second turn). 

[IMG]

How I played it is as follows:
Skink Star-priests: each give the serpent staff ability to one of the carnosaurs, and cast starlight and mystic shield on the carnosaur that needs it the most.
Astrolith Bearer: This gives re-rolls to hit on the carnosaurs, this is huge because that means that most likely you will get +2 to hit on the bites, and it also makes casting the spells so much easier
Oldblood on Carnosaurs: Have one be your general and cast his command ability on the bite attack. This puts your attacks at 7 2+ 3+ rend -1 damage 3 (6 if you roll 6 to wound) with is really good. also by choosing reckless you most likely be able to charge where you want to charge. Also an important point is to make sure to use the sunbelt gauntlet to make casualties on the units you are not going to charge so that you can take advantage of the Bloodroar. there are very few things that can stay in the way of two carnosaurs buffed like this
Skinks Skirmishers: Use these as screens to protect your carnosaurs from unwanted charges and to guarantee you get the charges you want. they are also key for taking objectives 
Ripperdactils: these are meant to eliminate the most immediate threats on the back of the enemy lines, like Stormfiends, Skyfires, and other shooty units that can cripple your army as well as mess with your enemy strategy

NOTE: if you want you can switch the other skink starpriest for one of the following:
Lore Master of Hoeth: Rerroll hits and wounds on one of your carnosaurs
Battle Mage Beasts: 6 damage on a 5+ instead of a 6+ and to wound roll of 2+
Skink Priest: Re-rroll saves on all of your carnosaurs

Shadowsteike battallion with Lord Kroak and balewind Vortex:

This list almost won heat 3 of the GW tournament 

Allegiance: Order
Lord Kroak
Saurus Eternity Warden
Saurus Astrolith Bearer
Skink Priest
10 x Skinks
10 x Skinks
10 x Saurus Guard
9 x Ripperdactyl Riders
Shadowstrike Starhost
Balewind Vortex

With this combo you guarantee that you are almost always hitting most of the opponent units on the tabletop with 2D3 mortal wounds per turN.

Additionally you get to deploy your rippers anywhere on the tabletop and preatty much kill anything you want ( they make a lot of attack rerrolling to hit wound and then also rerrolling 1s to hit and wound)

Ethernal Starhost:

A lot of temple guard backed up by astrolith bearer, skink priests, skink starpriest, and saurus eternity warden are extremely hard to kill and vwry powerfull in combat. The aquilis heel here is mortal wounds as they obly have one wound each 

As you can see there are many strong combinations in the book and depending on your stile of play you can choose the one that fits beter fkr you

Hope this helps a little 

2 hours ago, Xanax Lot said:

snip*

Would love to see that that GT list took as equipment

whats the strat with the army? 

Kroak to snipe and nuke stuff?

ripperdactals to kills objective takers?

skinks to hold objectives?

saurus guard to protect Kroak?

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Would love to see that that GT list took as equipment

whats the strat with the army? 

Kroak to snipe and nuke stuff?

ripperdactals to kills objective takers?

skinks to hold objectives?

saurus guard to protect Kroak?

I am not sure about the equipment used on this list, but this thread in lustria online has a lot of discussion regarding the list:

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/seraphon-playing-on-top-tables-of-south-coast-gt.19471/page-2

2 hours ago, crazyhorse1321 said:

How is it 2d3. I thought his spell is d3 mortal wounds?

He has four differnet spells, 

one allows you to pic D3 units or D6 if you roll highhuer than 10 ( with + 2 or 3 to cast this shouldnt be to difficult) furthermore you have his comand ability that allows you some rerolls

The other spell hits everithing on range and since you have (3D6+8)*2 this means that you will hit everithing in a 40" buble aproximatedly.

Finally you have an arcane bolt with 52"

The convination of this spells and rerolls from kroak will guarantee you hit the most important units at least with 2D3 every turn 

2 hours ago, Mune said:

What does trigger first, the balewind or the astrolith bearer?

Could be devastating, with lord k.

To bad the rule of one doesnt work in his favor.

You get to choose the order of effects.

It is still ridiculous. D3MW to every enemy unit on the table.

34 minutes ago, tolstedt said:

You get to choose the order of effects.

It is still ridiculous. D3MW to every enemy unit on the table.

33 minutes ago, tolstedt said:

Wait for GHB to see points. The new allegiance abilitiy for Seraphon is ridiculously good.

Agree with both of you!

3 hours ago, crazyhorse1321 said:

With allies I was thinking of converting up a celestial hurricanum or a luminark of hysh to go with my seraphon.

Don't get your hopes too high on being able to ally Collegiate Arcane into Seraphon. You'll still of course be able to run a GA: Order allegiance, but I don't think Seraphon will have many allies (Maybe only Stormcast Eternals). Seraphon don't exactly play openly with others much.

17 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

Don't get your hopes too high on being able to ally Collegiate Arcane into Seraphon. You'll still of course be able to run a GA: Order allegiance, but I don't think Seraphon will have many allies (Maybe only Stormcast Eternals). Seraphon don't exactly play openly with others much.

I still don't kniw what to expect... Regarding the fluff they only care foe the desteuction of chaos so technically they could ally with anyone but chaos armies.

On the other hand it ia true what you say. They won't be actively seeking alies nor do they have stable relationships with other races, so I don't know what to expect i  the alies rules for them 

Archived