Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

Just now, Trokair said:

So a Medusa, 10 to 15 Sisters and 10 Stalkers would be a viable army at 1000p. Good to know, thank you.

How important is the Medusa shrine verses just the Medusa? I don’t really like the shrine and would rather just have the Medusa on the ground.

Im looking at the Temple Nest Battalion myself right now. I thinking about dropping 5 of the Blood Sisters and taking either Witch Aelfes/SoS or a unit of Khinerai Heartrenders instead. I think either more bodies or more mobility would help this list. 

In regards to the Medusa, I would always take the shrine. For 20 points more you get the Aura of Agony (more mortal wounds) the goadstaffs of the shrinekeepers and more than double her wounds. All for trading 2" movement.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ageofpaddsmar said:

Also noticed a mistake in the tactics bit says a slaughter queen can use her dance of doom prayer to get 8 attacks doing d3 damage each. I may be blind but cannot see a dance of doom prayer anywhere

It's only for Slaughter Queen on foot not on Cauldron. 

Out of interest anyone know if the old dark eldar wych shoulder blades fit into the witches for the Daughters? 

I've seen that the plastic kit arms fit into the elves pretty well, but I can't find anything on the shoulder blades (but that might just be poor googling and tagging taking place) 

For reference I mean bits like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DARK-ELDAR-WYCH-SHOULDER-PAD-2-1998-OOP/251819350860?hash=item3aa19a5b4c:g:tV8AAOSw8d9U0MTX

7 hours ago, Kaleun said:

because people will be asking about what to build for the first time:

What do you think?

Khinerai: Heartrenders > lifetakers
Melusai: Stalkers < Sisters
Ladies: Witch Elves > Sisters of Slaughter

I mean it cant be answered that easily, as you need list concepts and must take the battalion requirements in consideration. I write that just for a basic direction of thinking when you start Daughers of Khaine. #needthatformyself

I have to disagree with the Witch elves > Sisters of the Slaughter.

The rest are fine as a rule of  thumb, but that one is too close to really call it.

I see the Temple nest Battalion question has been answered, but in terms of Taking Blood Sisters as battle line, you need a Bloodwrack Medusa as a general. Does that mean it has to be the model on foot or can you use a bloodwrack shrine? Does this Keyword in bold come into effect? 

I know it doesn't let you do it in the Azyr app, but the battle line stuff unlocking is trash.

Cheers.

Can anybody tell me what can be built from the blood coven box? 

10 witch aelves /sos 

hag queen on foot 

bloodwrack shrine/cauldron 

Medusa in shrine or on foot 

slaughter queen? 

Is that correct? I’m planning on getting two and magnetising then so I can field two cauldrons,  two shrines, ect. 

23 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What would be a good list with just the snake ladies and maybe the bat ladies? I like those models the most lol

Shadow Patrol looks fun too...

Looks like the Temple Nest battalion is the way to go for Melusai-heavy lists. A bloodwrack medusa and 4 units of melusai (2x Sisters and 2x Stalkers) are a good core. You can add two more melusai units to the battalion when chosing the Khailebron cult as your temple.

19 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

What would be a good list with just the snake ladies and maybe the bat ladies? I like those models the most lol

Shadow Patrol looks fun too...

If you want 100% only snakes and bats(and blood cauldron because let's be real) I recommend

Without Morathi:

Khailebron

Shrine Double Spell Mindrazor

Hagdron Double Prayer Exploding 6s heal D3

Medusa -Bravery

20 Blood sisters

5 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Stalkers

5 Blood Stalkers

10 Heart Renders 

Temple Nest

With Morathi

Hagg Narr

Morathi Mind Razor

Hagdron Double Prayer D3 Heal, Exploding 6s

Hag +1 Blood Rites.

Shrine Double Spell Shroud

10 Blood Sisters

5 Blood Sisters

10 Witch Elves

5 Blood Stalkers

5 Blood Stalkers

Temple Nest

10 Heartrenders.

@Blood&skulls I would go for

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron and Medusa on Shrine if you want to magnetize it - I did it. 

Then Witches with extra knives are safe bet I like SoS much better but have Witches nonetheless in every build. If you can build hag queen on foot as well go for it. 

@Malakithe

I believe Temple Nest could be very strong especially in smaller games but you could start with it and then expand into witches if you want but for 1200 you can get Shrine, 15 Sisters, 10 Stalkers and two units of Heartrenders which should be awesome maybe you will be able to squeeze Hag as well. 

@Burf so far I like Morathi a lot, she's a lot of points but flexible and without her you need two wizards anyway (which you can cut with her in an army) and in Kheliborn she is - 2 to hit with shooting so unless you are playing against some crazy Changehost she should be fine blasting spells and then changing when needed. But I guess we will see some crazy builds without her as well as I think that horde approach (if someone has/will buy so many witches) could be ultra strong. 

2 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

@Blood&skulls I would go for

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron and Medusa on Shrine if you want to magnetize it - I did it. 

Then Witches with extra knives are safe bet I like SoS much better but have Witches nonetheless in every build. If you can build hag queen on foot as well go for it. 

@Malakithe

I believe Temple Nest could be very strong especially in smaller games but you could start with it and then expand into witches if you want but for 1200 you can get Shrine, 15 Sisters, 10 Stalkers and two units of Heartrenders which should be awesome maybe you will be able to squeeze Hag as well. 

Thanks for the advice mate but I just wanted to confirm that you do get a medusa, slaughter queen and hag queen in the box? And the ability to construct a bloodwrack shrine and a cauldron all from one box? 

Yes ideally you can assemble for example :Bloodwrack Shrine, Slaughter Queen or Hag Queen on foot,Avatar on foot or Cauldron with HagQueen/Slaughter Queen  + Medusa on Foot and any combination with magnetizing parts. 

It's possible to get Cauldron, Shrine, Medusa, Avatar and Slaughter Queen or Hag Queen from that kit with magnets. 

Also with so many bits it would be easy to get some extra bits and assemble extra HagQueen/Slaughter Queen. 

9 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Yes ideally you can assemble for example :Bloodwrack Shrine, Slaughter Queen or Hag Queen on foot,Avatar on foot or Cauldron with HagQueen/Slaughter Queen  + Medusa on Foot and any combination with magnetizing parts. 

It's possible to get Cauldron, Shrine, Medusa, Avatar and Slaughter Queen or Hag Queen from that kit with magnets. 

Also with so many bits it would be easy to get some extra bits and assemble extra HagQueen/Slaughter Queen. 

Perfect thank you. 

I made a list I plan to build. I think I will be taking Khailebron as my city. I like the 'deep strike'  command trait. Also -1 to hit against, is very strong in a meer list. Morathi will be at -2 to hit against ranged attacks.

I like the cauldron guard with the ability to appear within 9" the +1 on charges and rerolling 1's will help a lot! 

I am not sure about the warlocks yet. Some bow-snakes also look nice.

Also, of anyone has some tips about the artefact I could take. That would be awesome. I am learning toward more spells for the medusa. 

Screenshot_20180304-075038.jpg

Screenshot_20180304-075055.jpg

So based on wording I'm thinking of running this;

Temple: Khailbron (-1 to Hit & Teleport Command Trait)

Shadow Compact Battalion - 80

Slaughter Queen - 100

(Know 2 prayers)

5 Liberators - 100 - Battleline

(1 Grand Hammer)

(1 Grand Hammer)

5 Judicators - 160

(1 Shockbolt Bow, 4 Skybolt Bow)

3 Prosecutors - 100

(Celestial Hammers & Shields)

30 Witch Elves - 270 - Battleline

(2 Sacrificial Knives)

30 Witch Elves - 270 - Battleline

(2 Sacrificial Knives)

5 Bloodstalkers - 160

20 Heartrenders - 320

Non-Battalion  Units

Hag Queen - 60

(Chalice)

Bloodwrack Medusa - 140

(+1 to Cast Shadow Spells), Mind Razor

Bloodwrack Medusa - 140

So 4 drops which isn't amazing but is pretty decent. Dang near auto-wins if it goes first against armies without screens. With screens you can obliterate the screens with a turn 1 charge from 30 witches since you teleport, stringing back to be within range for spells, brews, and prayers. Make sure you're within 6" of a stormcast unit and then proceed to move. You're now within 3" with the majority of a 30  model unit of witches. You can next turn repeat the trick if you need to or you can deepstrike 20 heartrenders and double shoot them doing 1 damage each with rend -2. Lots of bodies, lots of tools, and very little of it tied to characters. The other option has one less caster, 10 less witches and 5 less heart renders but has a 9 man unit of prosecutors and a castellant to give it a potential 2+ reroll 1's save flying tank unit.

This is completely different from my pure DoK which includes Hyrda's as allies because theme is cool. But I think it's super solid.

28 minutes ago, Hulksmash said:

So based on wording I'm thinking of running this;

Temple: Khailbron (-1 to Hit & Teleport Command Trait)

Shadow Compact Battalion - 80

Slaughter Queen - 100

(Know 2 prayers)

(1 Grand Hammer)

(1 Grand Hammer)

5 Judicators - 160

(1 Shockbolt Bow, 4 Skybolt Bow)

3 Prosecutors - 100

(Celestial Hammers & Shields)

30 Witch Elves - 270 - Battleline

(2 Sacrificial Knives)

30 Witch Elves - 270 - Battleline

(2 Sacrificial Knives)

5 Bloodstalkers - 160

20 Heartrenders - 320

Non-Battalion  Units

Hag Queen - 60

(Chalice)

Bloodwrack Medusa - 140

(+1 to Cast Shadow Spells), Mind Razor

Bloodwrack Medusa - 140

So 4 drops which isn't amazing but is pretty decent. Dang near auto-wins if it goes first against armies without screens. With screens you can obliterate the screens with a turn 1 charge from 30 witches since you teleport, stringing back to be within range for spells, brews, and prayers. Make sure you're within 6" of a stormcast unit and then proceed to move. You're now within 3" with the majority of a 30  model unit of witches. You can next turn repeat the trick if you need to or you can deepstrike 20 heartrenders and double shoot them doing 2 damage each with rend -1. Lots of bodies, lots of tools, and very little of it tied to characters. The other option has one less caster, 10 less witches and 5 less heart renders but has a 9 man unit of prosecutors and a castellant to give it a potential 2+ reroll 1's save flying tank unit.

This is completely different from my pure DoK which includes Hyrda's as allies because theme is cool. But I think it's super solid.

It's a really really solid list but i think you're really going to struggle with both positioning and battleshock.  Getting witchbrew on the TPing WEs is going to be very, very difficult against someone who knows what you're trying to do. It's a 12" line of WEs if your opponent puts their valuable unit on the line perfectly across from the hag queen. You're also relying on 6=< wound heroes. Even at -1 that's gonna be scary.

Archived