Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, kozokus said:

I hope they 'll redo witches and SOS warscroll, i don't like the idea of having another army with 45€ /60$ battleline units that costs 100 points like Fyreslayers.

Well you will have most likely have to deal with it. I dont see them changing much pointwise (dont forget, GHB2017 isnt that old). It will be another army with expensive (moneywise) battleline units + some new kits (Medusas, Harpys and Morathi, rest will most likely stay the same).

58 minutes ago, kozokus said:

I hope they 'll redo witches and SOS warscroll, i don't like the idea of having another army with 45€ /60$ battleline units that costs 100 points like Fyreslayers.

I get what your saying from the point perspective, but I always like the look of them. Their dynamic, feral, great facial expressions (which is quite rare) and two build options. But price points balance is off that's true. 

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

They could just rebox them with rounds in a box of 20 at a slightly higher price. Say £45 for 20 models.

2 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

They could just rebox them with rounds in a box of 20 at a slightly higher price. Say £45 for 20 models.

They could... but the question will be "will they do it".  Else you pay 105 Pounds for a 270 point Unit of 30 witchelves.

On 1/24/2018 at 6:04 AM, The Traitor said:

Slaanesh wouldn't try t eat a follower for sure, he/she is a pretty nice guy/gal deep inside :P... Joking aside, maybe he/she did, so what? Morathi knew she would eventually have to pay the price for the power she had been given. I still have faith in Slaanesh getting something cool (at least lore-wise) because of this.

Lol nope.

3 hours ago, kozokus said:

I doubt they will drop in price unless they do a start collecting option that will save you some money. You do save a bit on the blood coven box and there are lots of discount sellers online.

I'm expecting the older kits will stay expensive and the newer kits will be even more expensive.

And I really don't care. I would still buy them if they were twice the price they are now so there is not a lot of point worrying about it for me. 

It's not Darkling Covens, but hey...I love gorgons, archers, aelves and winged women...so this is like all my fave things in one! Sorry my sorceresses, you are benched for the forseeable future.

I wonder why there don't seem to be any Sisters of Slaughter? Maybe they were just left out cause we already know what they look like?

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

It sadly does say we will be getting them after Death, but as far as I know, we haven't seen any new Death models right? Or a ETA on the Death update? Which feels a bit weird to me as the campaign part of Malign Portents starts 15 feb. 

Rumors over in deathland (death forum) whisper LoN might come out on 10th Feb.

Although I want this DoK release now... My wallet really does not. Looking forward to the snake ladies for definite though. And I wanna see how the bloodwrack medusa will compare to them stat wise.

2 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Rumors over in deathland (death forum) whisper LoN might come out on 10th Feb.

Although I want this DoK release now... My wallet really does not. Looking forward to the snake ladies for definite though. And I wanna see how the bloodwrack medusa will compare to them stat wise.

Yeah the original rumour was an April/May release but this reveal suggests we will get them sooner than that - I'm thinking they will be up for pre-order in March so you have some time to sell a kydney before then :D 

I think the Bloodwrack shrine and Bloodwrack medusa will get re-purposed as leaders/heroes and maybe get the wizard keyword and access to spells. It makes sense to use them as characters since you can only get them in the Cauldron kit.

43 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Yeah the original rumour was an April/May release but this reveal suggests we will get them sooner than that - I'm thinking they will be up for pre-order in March so you have some time to sell a kydney before then :D 

I think the Bloodwrack shrine and Bloodwrack medusa will get re-purposed as leaders/heroes and maybe get the wizard keyword and access to spells. It makes sense to use them as characters since you can only get them in the Cauldron kit.

Sold that kidney last year when they started with the made to order daemonettes. Crazy stuff. 

Yeah, a blood spell list would be cool and the medusa make the most likely, next to morarthi, wizards. 

32 minutes ago, AlvinAOS said:

I wanna know whether my existing Darkling Covens units can use together with DOK? hmmm
All have the AELF keyword.

Yes, so far anyway and i don't think its likely to change. as ALLIES though - not because of the keyword. There is no AELF faction so far. You can use all the Aelves in a Grand Alliance Order army.

A sorceress or 2 is almost essential at the moment since DoK only one spell caster unit which is quite expensive compared to an 80 point Sorceress. A couple of units of 10 Executioners is another option I take quite a lot. Lately I have been using 2 units of 5 Dark riders & 1 assassin from Shadowblades + the sorceress from Darkling Covens

Hopefully we don't need to go to another faction for shooting or magic once the battletome comes out. :D

3 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Yes, so far anyway and i don't think its likely to change. as ALLIES though - not because of the keyword. There is no AELF faction so far. You can use all the Aelves in a Grand Alliance Order army.

A sorceress or 2 is almost essential at the moment since DoK only one spell caster unit which is quite expensive compared to an 80 point Sorceress. A couple of units of 10 Executioners is another option I take quite a lot. Lately I have been using 2 units of 5 Dark riders & 1 assassin from Shadowblades + the sorceress from Darkling Covens

Hopefully we don't need to go to another faction for shooting or magic once the battletome comes out. :D

Yeah...I will be disappointed if Morathi isn't a top-tier wizard.  It would be nice to have a lesser hero as a wizard as well.  I'm thinking they would do well to slightly tweak the existing Medusa too.  She's such a hyper-specialized-glass-horde-blender that she's next to useless against virtually anything else, which means she's not very fun to play with (other than that she looks rad). 

That is way more new stuff than I was expecting!  I was certain we were only getting Morathi and maybe one other box, needless to say I am pretty excited.

This might actually be the first time I've been properly hyped for a GW release, that Morathi sculpt looks incredible.

Archived