Order and Death possible new factions.

Sete

So yesterday I was reading the Labyrinth of the Lost, and it said that the Excelsior Warpriest was leaving Azyrheim with an army to help on a siege, before being transported to the silver tower.

After that I had a look at the miniature and noticed that he has chainmail under the robe 

That got me thinking on a rumour a while ago from TheInsider saying that Bretonnia and TK would be back.

Ofc I dont think they will be the same, but I think they might share some caractheristics.

I expect to see the new humans to be like the Middle Age Crusaders, a mix of Infantry and Cavalry, with robes, tabards and chainmail with plenty of comets and Sigmar symbols.

Hence why Bretonnia was discontinued.

I do believe that the new faction will share a theme with the old bretonnians.

But instead of the lady of the Lake, it will be Sigmar the deity they worship.

Same with Tomb Kings.

A new version might be released to serve Nagash, more like the Morthgash*? In appearance. Again Tomb Kings would share a similar theme hence it was discontinued.

Ofc this is all just assumptions.

But the same way tree kin went oop and now the new hybrid sylvaneth appear, I do think that this might happen with Brets and TK.

Whats do you guys think?

I'm also still holding on to the thought that the "new" Tomb Kings will be modeled after Nagash/Arkhan and their Morghast friends. Looks like the logical choice if they want to reboot them at all.

As for the Brets, interesting point you brought up that they don't have any Sigmar symbols and that they'll perhaps reappear as Sigmar worshippers. Anyway, like you said, it's all speculation and we'll have to see what the future brings. But there's a spark of hope imho :)

I can't imagine that the knight-in-shining-armour-on-horse trope won't be used in a fantasy setting. A return of something that looks like Bretonnians seems very likely. Same with undead Egyptians. Too cool not to use in some way. Both ranges have some great models and It may just be a case of re-tooling some of the old stuff, re-setting the lore alone the lines of what you've said @Sete, and developing new stuff. Realm hopping crusaders cleansing chaos in Sigmar's name sounds awesome!

I think the fact that all of the knight models for order were removed suggests that something is coming.

Found out the hard way when I went to start an AoS army based around the knightly orders, had to settle for eBay oldies but I'm frothing at the mouth thinking about the potential of new knight models of the quality we've seen lately.

I really like the idea of a Crusader themed force of humans.

The fluff often makes referrence to Tomb King like elements when it talks about the Deathrattle, one book (don't remember which) mentioned Chariots of the kings. What I want to learn more about is the vampires as, based on one of audio dramas, they are respected and even treated as holy to some extent by the Humans of Shyish.

Archived