Paint order question

Eonx_

Hi all,

I have been painting my sigmarines and well I'm generally new to painting all together.   According to my paint guide for my sigmarines it says to use Retri armor (base) then Rekilan flesh (shade) and then finally auric armor gold (layer) last. After doing this my little dudes are very bright gold is this intended? Whats the purpose of the shade it seems to of done nothing.   

The final layer should only be a highlight, painting only the edges and highest raised surfaces of the model. You should then be able to still see the shade in the recesses and the tint it gives to the base colour, and the original (shaded) base colour on the medium surfaces.

You should search for some of duncans tutorial videos. Or other tutorial videos. You tube is full of em. It's one thing to read how it should be done, seeing it done can be very educational :)
I also found good help in the citadel painting guides...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Baardah said:

You should search for some of duncans tutorial videos. Or other tutorial videos. You tube is full of em. It's one thing to read how it should be done, seeing it done can be very educational :)
I also found good help in the citadel painting guides...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I do recommend the painting videos.  I've been watching them since I got back into Warhammer last year and it has been helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Y61xmylas

Please post pictures for more help.

If you are completely painting over all of the retribuiter armor and shade, then no.

Paint the base (retribuiter armor)

Wash the gold letting the reikland Fleshshade pool a little in the crevices.

Paint the higher areas with the auric armor gold.

Here's a guide from Tyler from Mengel Miniatures that shows what you're looking for:

http://www.mengelminiatures.com/2015/12/tutorial-painting-golden-stormcast.html?m=1

(Basically you're looking at steps 1, 2 and 3.)

There is a great painter on Instagram, @amysnuggs, and she made a quick tutorial on a Knight-Questor, and there a very good example of how she paints the armour. As I recall she skips over the Auric Gold part, making the gold darker. I'm using this method to paint the gold of my Astral Templars:

Another quick method would be to spray with Retributor Army spray, wash with Riekland Fleshshade (I prefer gloss) and then drybrush with Sigmarite.  For a brighter finish, you could then hit some edges and fine points with Stormhost Silver.

1 hour ago, Redking said:

Another quick method would be to spray with Retributor Army spray, wash with Riekland Fleshshade (I prefer gloss) and then drybrush with Sigmarite.  For a brighter finish, you could then hit some edges and fine points with Stormhost Silver.

What paint should i buy for a ez basing? 

Archived