Herald of Nurgle 100

Warscroll Battalion Tallyband of Nurgle 100

10 Plaguebearers 100
10 Plaguebearers 100
20 Plaguebearers 200

6 Plague Drones 440
6 Plague Drones 440 

Total 1960

The list is designed to be hard to destroy the formation heals wounds and means the general heals 2 d3 wounds be hero phase and has due to the items a 4+ 5+ and then either 6+ or 5+ save as they are all different abilities you can take all three.

This meant the GUO was getting wounded but I was saving a lot and then healing it

I found the battle trait quite poor and even when used with the great destoyer battle Trait it didn't go off much so I'm may swap it to the Lord of war as it means hitting on 2s and 3s for the GUO when un wounded.

The Plague Drones just refuse to die and the Plaguebearers capture the objectives.

Is mad how many times u can roll5 + to stop wounds.

I played stormcast first game against Scott and the extra +1 to save on the GUO due to the order key word was critical as I GUO held a star drake for 4 turns and took him down to 2 wounds.

Game 2 against Josh was a nurgle show down but demons v mortals and again the extra saves were critical 

Game 3 against Nathan against the GUO simply refused to budge and stopped most of his army 

received_10208553070197710.jpeg

20160807_092608.jpg

20160807_092613.jpg

20160807_125950.jpg

20160807_125956.jpg

Edited by Andy Bryan
Spelling
  • Like 3

Fantastic day. Everything ran very smoothyly and from what I saw everyone seemed to have fun. Ben and the team you deserve a great deal of credit for today, well done. I'll be keeping an eye on my inbox for details on the next one. 

Scott Harmon. ??

Edited by Dracoth

Well done to @Ben and @Ben Johnson for what looked like a fantastic event from all the coverage on Twitter yesterday.

Congratulations to all the winners, chuffed for you all, but especially fellow Megaboss @Mitzy for his Players Choice trophy! Great result.

@Ben, I do think we both need to make a concerted effort to get to one of each others events next year (as I'm going to miss out on Blood & Glory as well!) haha!! :D 

• Like 1

Echo above comments. Great day, very smoothly run. Only 1 win in 3 but I have a real skyborne slayers problem and got them twice. Apologies to the poor mortal Khorne player in game 3 where I took out all my frustration and rage and just threw three bloodthirsters across the board and annihilated him. 

Still, three great opponents, great tourney. Would go again without question. 

Fantastic one day event at Alliance

Thanks to my 3 great opponents, the brilliant Dan and his squig and mangler horde, Keith and the Nurgle off we had and Matt and his VERY choppy Iron Jawz in the battle of Burton.

All 3 games were great because of my opponents and they way that they played. The day just optimised the AoS scene.

Chuffed to finish 12th overall and second Chaos player to boot.

Roll on Warlords...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great words guys.  

I had an absolute blast running the event.  I'll be posting more thoughts later in the week but at the moment i'm still on a massive high after the weekend.  

Big thanks to @Ben Johnson for helping out on the day too!!! 

• Like 1

I forgot to mention how chuffed I was for @Mitzy winning player vote for BP! There were so many well painted armies that to win was something special.

There was clearly a tonne of time and effort put into hobby from everyone and that just makes tournaments so much more special. Tournaments should always be like this one!

• Like 1

Rinse and repeat from me too, this event was absolutely excellent, 60 players for a one day event is no mean feat and it ran perfectly smoothly. The first "no paper" event? was brilliant, an email before each round straight to your smart phone giving you your table and opponent information was so slick!

@Ben and @Ben Johnson were operating like a well oiled machine and floated around chatting to all the players making everyone feel welcome and at ease. I really had a great day out and played against three great opponents. 

The standard of the hobby on display was tremendous and it really was great to pitch my army against three lovely armies on great looking tables. On this point I'd also like to add that the tables (all of them) looked great with some surfaces utilising the "FatMat" type of playing surface and the sheer amount of scenery was epic. Normally this standard of table is reserved for the top tables with the rest looking like the poor relation. Not at alliance! All the tables would have been a pleasure to play on which gave the games a real cinematic look.

This is what I love about Age of Sigmar, and if other UK events come close to Alliance I'll be a very happy boy!

One suggestion would be to have opened up all the curtains after game one to flood the rooms with natural light (they had been closed to prevent players being blinded and to keep the temperature down) as when looking at the lovely armies and deciding on who to vote for the conditions were a tad gloomy especially at the back of the room. This isn't at all a complaint but would have helped me in particular see clearer :)

Free pastries, fruit and crisps was as previously mentioned a nice touch and the trophy/prize haul was amazing!

I mean who has ever received a spot prize of Nagash in the first game at an event before (not sure how Ian wone that "whistles and walks away")???

Anyway thanks again to both Ben's for a fabulous day of gaming.

And to everyone who voted for "The Meat Men of Mitzmanheim" in the best painted army category I thank you all, you made an old man very VERY happy... 

2016-08-07 21.06.41.jpg

• Like 4

Really enjoyed the day on Saturday, big thanks to @Ben & @Ben Johnson it ran really smoothly with a nice chilled vibe. Some gorgeous armies on show too, only managed to see few of them but more on the vid above! I'll echo the high tech approach is definitely a winner, was cool to get my game 2 opponent while munching a Subway (even if it was the bottom table...). The venue was ideal, good to have a bar on hand ofc.

Thanks to my 3 opponents @Andy Bryan and his lovely uber resilient Nurgle wall/machine, Jan the standin for beating me in his 2nd ever game i believe, and @Keith Ball who had no luck with the meteors in game 3.

Was 100% worth the trip from Scotland, and ears now pricked up for news on Blood & Glory. Great to meet and chat to some new folks too. Fired a few pics up on my twitter. 

• Like 1