Events UK: Alliance

Ben

On 23 July 2016 at 11:38 PM, Ben said:

You've change Paul!  I remember when your were just coming th have fun!!! All about the game now eh! ????????

rules in the GHB are clear on these are they not? 

I think we need a answer on whether its the same trait/artifacts for the 3 games. 

Also does Red Fury count for whole model or just character in the case of a vampire lord on Zombie Dragon?

looking forward to this event. Armies nearly ready

1 hour ago, khsofsso said:

I think we need a answer on whether its the same trait/artifacts for the 3 games. 

Also does Red Fury count for whole model or just character in the case of a vampire lord on Zombie Dragon?

looking forward to this event. Armies nearly ready

I've found the rule on Trait/Artifacts now. Was in the Errata rather than in the book. So yep all units and abilities stay same for all games. 

Well with less than two weeks to go I ve finally finished my army and will be bringing mostly nurgle demons.

2 GUO

1 Herald 

40 plaguebearers

12 plague drones 

1 Tally band of Nurgle 

Total 1960

Unless I get my epidemius conversion finished !!! As I can't stand the finecast model.

The list isn't very strong but after 12 months solid of seraphon I need a change !!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, khsofsso said:

I've found the rule on Trait/Artifacts now. Was in the Errata rather than in the book. So yep all units and abilities stay same for all games. 

Not sure I can see this in the GH errata specifically? Doesn't mention anything about over multiple/tournament games. Happy either way, just don't think it's clarified yet. 

Edited by Scottyjock

1 hour ago, Scottyjock said:

Not sure I can see this in the GH errata specifically? Doesn't mention anything about over multiple/tournament games. Happy either way, just don't think it's clarified yet. 

I just listened to the latest Bravery 1 podcast. Listening to them they seemed pretty certain that you can change your allegiance and therefore artefacts/spells/traits at the start of every game - even through a tournament. However anyone who believes Nathan and Joe........

I guess it will depend on what info you have to put on your Army Roster for the tournament. If you have to put down your allegiance and artefacts/spells/traits on the roster submitted to the TO, then it's fixed for the event, but if you only need to have your units and general on it then you can change each game.

Ben, I'm sure you'd guessed, but for the entrants list 2 x Soup Dragon is Luke and Paul Whitehead - not to be confused with SoupDragon (no space in the middle) who is a completely different person.

Also, could you update the entrants list - my mate Daniel Oldfield has paid, but is worried as his name is not on the list (this will only be his 2nd tournament so he still worries about everything) - cheers

Having looked through het Allegiance abilities and pitched battle section it seems that you have to declare 'Allegiance Abilities' on your army list.

Command traits, Artefacts and the like are all 'Allegiance Abilities' (see pg156) so I would say that they need to go on your list.  

I'll double check this and confirm tonight though.  

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, Ben said:

No worries Ian, I've given up trying to match names! I'll be doing it at registration!!!

Next time real name will be required on purchase to make it easier. :) 

2 tickets purchased. one for myself Shaun King the other for Chris Collett. we are the Threeman Ancients Saplings

On 28/07/2016 at 9:16 AM, Ben said:

Having looked through het Allegiance abilities and pitched battle section it seems that you have to declare 'Allegiance Abilities' on your army list.

Command traits, Artefacts and the like are all 'Allegiance Abilities' (see pg156) so I would say that they need to go on your list.  

I'll double check this and confirm tonight though.  

Hi Ben,

have you looked into the Allegiance queries on items having to be submitted on lists?

Writing a Pitched Battle army for Alliance. 

Picking your army
•Decided Faction (Sylvaneth) or Grand Alliance (Order) Allegiance. Factions Allegiance may unlock unit options. 
Select Warscroll Battalions as desired. 
• Meet minimum Battleline and leader requirements. 
• Do not exceed Behemoth and Artillery limits. 
• Pay for multiples of the minimum size unit, below strength units are rounded up. 
• Decide reinforcement points and note any leftover points on army roster.
• All units must belong to the same Grand Alliance.
• Determine Army Allegiance. You may choose a Grand Alliance Allegiance even if you have selected your army under a Faction Allegiance to unlock Battleline units. 
• Choose Army General. 
• Note Battle Trait. 
• Select Command Trait. 
• Select one Artefact (additional one per Warscroll Battalion) and assign max of one to each hero. 
• Note all details on army roster and submit on the day.

Note, you can't mix and match abilities, traits and artefacts other than when it comes to battleline units. 

• Like 1

Round 2 is drawing to a close.  30 mins remaining.  Table 1 was a walk in th park for the Sylvaneth of Rob Symes vs Ironjawz. 

On table 2 a single fanatic stopped a charge of 15 Protectors.

Table 3 is in the balance between Death and Moonclan.

On table 4 Paul Whitehead had a walk over of Pete Foleys Stormcast.  

The rest are still to come.  

IMG_4543.JPG

IMG_4544.JPG

IMG_4545.JPG

IMG_4546.JPG

IMG_4547.JPG

IMG_4548.JPG

IMG_4549.JPG

IMG_4550.JPG

IMG_4551.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4553.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4555.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

• Like 1

Just got back from the event had awesome time came third overall with a all demon nurgle army.

Excellent organisation and great enthusiasm by Ben and Ben.

Three great opponents in Scott, Josh and Nathan.

Overall the scenarios allowed me to concentrate on them as my army is pretty tough to kill.

I now can't wait till Nov for blood and glory and the 4 events of that weekend.

Booked time off and just need to decide what to take.

I cannot recommend the event enough.

Andy 

• Like 1