Events UK: Alliance

Ben

I'll update the entrants list again tonight but we are currently at over 40 tickets sold. 

I'd love to see this set a new high for one day AoS events. I think we can easily clear 50 players.

what is everyone working on for the event? 

Post up on here and also use #Alliance on Twitter/Instagram. 

On 26/05/2016 at 0:18 AM, Ben said:

More information about the rules for the event, including scoring system, painted rules and any other information will be released on Saturday 18th June. 

I havn't decided what I'm taking yet I'm curious to see the rules first before I decide. I know we're all waiting we for the generals hand book but you mentioned in you first post there would be an update yesterday re scoring system etc. Have you anything new to add yet?

Really pumped for this and can't wait.

I was going to post them on Saturday but saw that event from GW getting posted.  I held off to see if that had a better information pack with it that I could use but it hasn't so I'll get something posted this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will use my Khorne Bloodbound one last time before selling them on. 

Anyone attending Warhammer World on the Saturday? I will be there with my friend Tom to check out the new displays and play some gaming. Would be good to catch as many people down there too.

Rules Pack added to post. Get is here - Alliance_pack.pdf

Entrants list updated in 1st post.  We are now at 50 players!  

Some highlights of the pack -

Generals Handbook rules.  2000 points Battlehost.

Blood and Glory, Border War and Gifts from the Heavens battleplans

Bring 5 bits of terrain with you.

3 points for a Major Victory, 1 Point for a Minor victory, 0 for Draw or Loss.  Favourite Opponent 1st tie breaker, Victory Points 2nd Tiebreaker.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben said:

Entrants list updated in 1st post.  We are now at 50 players!  

Congratulations - That's impressive!

9 hours ago, Ben said:

3 points for a Major Victory, 1 Point for a Minor victory, 0 for Draw or Loss.  Favourite Opponent 1st tie breaker, Victory Points 2nd Tiebreaker.

I quite like this weighting of results. Looking to finalise mine for Rain of Stars by tomorrow. I hadn't considered not awarding a draw.

I'm not sure it's needed. 

The battleplans are very hard to draw. A 10 point swing could be a decider. 

VPS are a tie breaker. It's better to lose with a big score than draw with a low one. 

1. Blood and Glory. 4 objectives, 1 in each 1/4.  You capture by having most models on the objective at end of battle round.  It stays yours until your opponent claims it (you only need models there to claim it, after that it remains in your control).

Game ends if you control all 4.  

Control most at the end of round 5 for Major.  if a draw then most VPs get a minor.

2. Border Wars - 4 objectives.  2 in centre of territories, 2 on centre line.  most models in 6" to control, at the end of a turn.  Remain in control until claimed by enemy.  Score objective points each turn. 1pt in own territory.  2 points on centre line, 4 points in opponents territory.  Most objective points wins major. in a  tie, most VPs get minor.

3. Gifts from the heavens - 2 random objective location sin each players 2nd hero phase.  You need models nearby to claim and No Enemy.  Score for each objective you control at end of own turns.  Points = to battle round.  

• Like 1

Quick Question. For artefacts, do we choose them ourselves (and if so can we choose different ones for each game, or have to stick to same one for all 3 games) or do we roll a D6 for them (and again, do we do this once before we start, or at the start of each game)?

Same question too for the Magic lores and command abilities that the new Battletomes (Sylvaneth and Bonesplitterz) allow - how are they to be chosen?

On 17 July 2016 at 2:34 PM, Soup Dragon said:

Quick Question. For artefacts, do we choose them ourselves (and if so can we choose different ones for each game, or have to stick to same one for all 3 games) or do we roll a D6 for them (and again, do we do this once before we start, or at the start of each game)?

Same question too for the Magic lores and command abilities that the new Battletomes (Sylvaneth and Bonesplitterz) allow - how are they to be chosen?

This is all clear in the handbook. I'll make a post later in the week to clarify. 

On 18/07/2016 at 11:30 PM, Ben said:

This is all clear in the handbook. I'll make a post later in the week to clarify. 

So I've been looking at the Handbook and for Allegiance abilities - Command traits, artefacts and spells it says you can either choose them or roll for them at the beginning of the game. So, please can you clarify

1. Are we choosing them or rolling for them?

2. Are we doing that at the start of the tournament and sticking with the same ones every game or can we change it every game?

Cheers

5 hours ago, Soup Dragon said:

So I've been looking at the Handbook and for Allegiance abilities - Command traits, artefacts and spells it says you can either choose them or roll for them at the beginning of the game. So, please can you clarify

1. Are we choosing them or rolling for them?

2. Are we doing that at the start of the tournament and sticking with the same ones every game or can we change it every game?

Cheers

You've change Paul!  I remember when your were just coming th have fun!!! All about the game now eh! ????????

rules in the GHB are clear on these are they not?