Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

Hi all,

Just wondering if the Celestial Realm that stormcast can choose to setup in, counts as "in play" for the purpose of using the Pennant of the Stormbringer.

I.e I can use the pennant in the Vexillors hero phase, pull the prosecutors from a Hammerstrike (for example) out of the realm and to where I want them.

I suspect the answer is yes, as the realm part of the game. and In Play is different to "on the board" but want to make sure.

Thanks for any help :)

3 answers to this question

You cannot target something with abilities that it is not on the board. The realm is not "part" of the game, they are in reserve off the table and can only be bought on the table using the rules given to them or the formation they are part of.

• Like 1

I've never thought about it but I assume "in play" is synonymous with "on the battlefield." I expect you can't Vexillor a unit all over the place unless it's already on the board. 

From my understanding, no. The fluff reads that a storm picks them up from the battlefield and replaces them. Although they're in play, and therefore costed, they're not targetable for any abilities.