The Painting Contract - August 2017

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for August 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, silver tower or blood bowl as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

This month I pledge to paint a start collecting Ironjawz set. I am trying to get an Ironjawz ready for the time GHB2 drops without sacrificing any quality. It will be a bit of a challenge as I am flat out with work at the moment, however I do seem a lot more consistent with painting these days

Look forward to seeing all your progress!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right then, after another month of hoping to get much more painted than I did, I have decided that August will be the month. I will commit to completing my overlords (about 1500 more points and I shall succeed.

I pledge to stop procrastinating and finally strip the paint off my old Brets to get them ready for an AOS update. 

I will also finish my Wight King Paladin conversion.

And if I can find the time start sketching out my AOS28 Troll army.

5 hours ago, valenswift said:

I pledge to actually finish some projects and stop starting new ones AND actually remember it finishes on the 28th and get some pics posted.

The most challenging pledge i've seen all year ;) 

I am still all aboard the Sin of Damnation and want to finish my Genestealers (sorry Sigmar) 8 to go.

after that I have the summer holiday but would like to get some of blood warriors done.

I am refusing to buy more until  my backlog is done - lol

Like the looks of this thread, as i'm on the verge of finishing my 40k knight and about to jump into the mortal realms.
Think i'll start with a modest pledge, gonna base and undercoat my mordheim / AOS skirmish Skaven warband. And i'll paint a rat ogre!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I pledge to actually finish some projects and stop starting new ones AND actually remember it finishes on the 28th and get some pics posted.

So ... which project is first? And what do you need to do to complete it?

I'm a fan of the Tapatalk app myself for posting pics, as you can take pics ... and post them from within the app. :)

I am refusing to buy more until  my backlog is done - lol

I know that feeling ...

... I have three 40k Imperial Knights that need to be completed before getting the LoC.

(I picked up a Imperial Knights Renegade boxed game that needs Assembly... and another the missus gave to me for Christmas ... at least a year ago ... :( )

It'd forgotten about this place! My painting has been pretty bad lately so I wont pledge too much. So, I want to finish my kit bash Gorthor on chariot, and 10 bestigor. If I get that, I guess I can make an stretch goal.

9 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So ... which project is first? And what do you need to do to complete it?

I'm a fan of the Tapatalk app myself for posting pics, as you can take pics ... and post them from within the app. :)

Currently finishing a commission for Blood Bowl dwarfs and Ogre. After that I intend on finishing my Longstrike Crossbows and 10 Judicators

I'll try the app, thanks :)

CHANGE OF PLANS. I was planinning to do the list below but....

I just wanted to know how much I have bought, left unpainted and painted this year. So the score is I have bought 101 models in 2017 and I have painted 99! So now I have to decide what my hundredth model will be! It might be oop thanquol and boneripper, the green knight, a white dwarf pilot collectable or the birdmen of Catrazza or maybe i'll buy something new :D

full disclosure I do still have 200 models unpainted O.o and most of them won't see a lick of paint this year. 

After that:

- 3 daemonettes  and on more as a stand in herald
- Chaos Sorcerer (might be my hundredth as well)
- Brettonian Trebuchet (annoyingly this was the cheapest option to add a grudge thrower to my dwarfs O.o)
- a new test base as my current basing looks great but falls apart during play.

Stretch goal:
- Thanquol and/or Boneripper (the old models as a reward if I finish the rest)

I've been very bad at painting this year.

Overall: My Tzeentch bases. These are Shattered Dominion bases that match the Silver Tower board. I think it's around 50 total, varying sizes.

40k: I have 20 Rubric Marines and 10 Terminators to paint up. 

Finally: Test Ogor. This army will also be mostly done by airbrush. No freaking clue on a color theme yet. 

On 31/07/2017 at 11:04 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

I know that feeling ...

... I have three 40k Imperial Knights that need to be completed before getting the LoC.

(I picked up a Imperial Knights Renegade boxed game that needs Assembly... and another the missus gave to me for Christmas ... at least a year ago ... :( )

I hear you, I have the following in need of painting

8 genestealers

12 blood angel terminators

10 blood warriors 

3 skull crushers

stormcast half of the starter set

sisters of the thorn

mistweaver shah

6 glade guard

yikes

Archived