Which is better:Beastclaw or flesheaters?

Disclaimer:  I am a 100% pure Flesh-eater courts player, it is my primary and only real army for AOS.

BCR is better.  FEC suffer from the fact they:  

1) Have an outdated battletome (will be getting allegiance abilities in General's Handbook 2017 though)

2) Are tied to a handful of heroes with poor saves and typically poor wounds; kill them off (trivially easy for anything with even a modicum of shooting) and your army crumbles because your base troops die trivially easily (ghouls) or are little more than bags of wounds with little hitting power (horrors/flayers)

3) Are a horde army in every sense of the word.  You typically want over 100 models, and the way you build Courtiers means that you'll typically be 1 model short but have to pay for it anyways in Matched Play.  The army however is, other than the Varghulf, made up of everything in the Start Collecting box so the entire army only has 3 boxes that need to be bought.

BCR are an elite army in every way, which has some drawbacks in matched play battleplans that require objectives (as you'll always be outnumbered) but can be brutal and hard hitting.  They also have a new style codex so have a plethora of abilities and artefacts and whatnot.  On top of this, being an elite army they are relatively cheap to buy; the "Icewind Assault" box is ~1500 points if you can find it, the new Start Collecting is about 800+.  However, at low point games BCR are going to suffer incredibly because your army is going to be like 6 models.

Answering your other question from the GH 2017 thread, you find the abilities in the Beastclaw Raiders battletome.  Flesh-eater Courts will have their allegiance abilities in GH 2017.

Fluffwise, I think FEC is hands-down better.  I picked them entirely based on fluff, because I read it and it just felt amazing.  But playstyle wise, the army cannot IMHO compete in AOS in Matched Play.  Most of your abilities are nerfed due to summoning requiring reinforcement points, and if you play anyone intelligent they'll just delete the 3-4 heroes you field to replenish your units, and then just wipe out the units since they hit like paper (seriously, the entire army strategy is "Roll a bucket of dice and hope that the law of averages makes your opponent fail enough saves to remove his unit").

5 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Disclaimer:  I am a 100% pure Flesh-eater courts player, it is my primary and only real army for AOS.

BCR is better.  FEC suffer from the fact they:  

1) Have an outdated battletome (will be getting allegiance abilities in General's Handbook 2017 though)

2) Are tied to a handful of heroes with poor saves and typically poor wounds; kill them off (trivially easy for anything with even a modicum of shooting) and your army crumbles because your base troops die trivially easily (ghouls) or are little more than bags of wounds with little hitting power (horrors/flayers)

3) Are a horde army in every sense of the word.  You typically want over 100 models, and the way you build Courtiers means that you'll typically be 1 model short but have to pay for it anyways in Matched Play.  The army however is, other than the Varghulf, made up of everything in the Start Collecting box so the entire army only has 3 boxes that need to be bought.

BCR are an elite army in every way, which has some drawbacks in matched play battleplans that require objectives (as you'll always be outnumbered) but can be brutal and hard hitting.  They also have a new style codex so have a plethora of abilities and artefacts and whatnot.  On top of this, being an elite army they are relatively cheap to buy; the "Icewind Assault" box is ~1500 points if you can find it, the new Start Collecting is about 800+.  However, at low point games BCR are going to suffer incredibly because your army is going to be like 6 models.

Well in that case i guess i'll go with BCR cuz i dont want an OP army I just want something thats  fun to play with and i can get right into it without too much money, which is basically the defenition of their  starting box. I get 760 points (I want to go thundertusk for shooting ability a.k.a goodbye swarm armies i just sniped ya lord) so with another lord on a stone horn (for that insane melee) I can get an awesome looking army for around 80 euros in France.About 100 with paints and snow bases.

BCR will be considered OP if you spam thundertusks, just a warning.  If you want to go less on the OP side of things, run a mixed army, take some Ogors as battleline and then BCR as elites, it'll be a bit more expensive, and you can't use the special BCR abilities (but the Destruction ability is pretty good), but you won't get weird looks which you can sometimes get with an all monster army.

13 minutes ago, wayniac said:

Answering your other question from the GH 2017 thread, you find the abilities in the Beastclaw Raiders battletome.  Flesh-eater Courts will have their allegiance abilities in GH 2017.

Fluffwise, I think FEC is hands-down better.  I picked them entirely based on fluff, because I read it and it just felt amazing.  But playstyle wise, the army cannot IMHO compete in AOS in Matched Play.  Most of your abilities are nerfed due to summoning requiring reinforcement points, and if you play anyone intelligent they'll just delete the 3-4 heroes you field to replenish your units, and then just wipe out the units since they hit like paper (seriously, the entire army strategy is "Roll a bucket of dice and hope that the law of averages makes your opponent fail enough saves to remove his unit").

Also I will equip my mournfang squad leaders with pistols so even if horde armies get a buff i can destroy em.

Also horde armies are so expensive that it's insane.For example 30 man unit of skeletons costs almost 40 pounds and is horrofying to paint.So consider that you need 3 of skeleton units in a competitive list and you are looking at 120 pounds spent on a 720 points of BATTLELINE TROOPS.Compare that to a start collecting BCR which are, at worst 760 (could get up to 860+ with right setup) that are fun to paint and really need a few paints and citadel essentials to complete (I am speaking of my color scheme,mournfang brown,abbadon and some drybrushing).

I mean i know FEC are better at prising and are fun to paint (except for ghouls) but wow.I can see why death players rage at their armies being bad.

18 minutes ago, wayniac said:

BCR will be considered OP if you spam thundertusks, just a warning.  If you want to go less on the OP side of things, run a mixed army, take some Ogors as battleline and then BCR as elites, it'll be a bit more expensive, and you can't use the special BCR abilities (but the Destruction ability is pretty good), but you won't get weird looks which you can sometimes get with an all monster army.

Oh yea sure, I just wanted them beacuse of their models, i will bring leadbelcher (i think thats the name of gore cannons) for more of that anti death.They should definitly cap thundertusks at about 3 at max because imagine a 2000 points lists with 5 of them.But the thing everyone forgets is that this isn't a videogame.In videogames people will always use the most OP armies possible because they can get away with it.In wargaming only things like tournaments will bare with those kinds of players, but the rest would just say get out of my club.ESPECIALLY in a game like aos where the fun should be a the first place.If you don't live in England where there is a lot of tournaments it doesnt pay off to spend 300 pounds on a 2k death army because no one wants to play with you.

But yea I totally am going for a ogre teamed army, and I will make up a story for them too.

Hi! I am still assambling my flesh court, making some conversions, but I hope this helps to give you an idea of the sizes.

The zombie dragon looks big, even without his mighty wings

P1300337.JPG.2ce1c68261ee3f80961967a2beb66df3.JPG

but those are massive too!

P1300340.JPG.f6ea01063a26a3990601f73a2ad27735.JPG

The horrors are imposing as well, even as they do not have faces nor spikes yet (you should know that there are presetted arms and legs for each body)

P1300338.JPG.2172d50a561e749861f46789ac15197e.JPG

Finally, a ghoul, it has sufferedsome conversions to make him more imposing (he had no shield nor fully armed skelly over him)

P1300339.JPG.3c2f8a061b21431d5262962ed94b4f63.JPG

Hope this is useful for you! I personally chose them because they seemed fun to assamble, and their lore is also very cool... I plan to make them the AoS bretonnians ;)

3 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

Hi! I am still assambling my flesh court, making some conversions, but I hope this helps to give you an idea of the sizes.

The horrors are imposing as well, even as they do not have faces nor spikes yet (you should know that there are presetted arms and legs for each body)

Finally, a ghoul, it has sufferedsome conversions to make him more imposing (he had no shield nor fully armed skelly over him)

Hope this is useful for you! I personally chose them because they seemed fun to assamble, and their lore is also very cool... I plan to make them the AoS bretonnians ;)

thanks!

2 hours ago, aquenaton said:

I'd love it if your hands turned out to either be gigantically oversized or absolutely tiny!

4 hours ago, Carnelian said:

I'd love it if your hands turned out to either be gigantically oversized or absolutely tiny!

It would be very funny indeed, but I think I am average. Maybe a dollar, a ruler or something else would have been better for it, but I do not have any of those around here :D

Archived