Hi guys, 

I'm just starting age of sigmar and i don't know what to choose :

I like slaves to darkness and beastclaw raiders, because i don't know which one is more expansive to collect.

I know beastclaw raiders starting box is around 800 points, so if anyone knows the points of slaves to darkness box please tell me.

Also if anyone here has an army could (if it's not too much) show me a picture of the size of the models, because i don't know that as well

Thank you for reading

I don't know much about either army, but about point values: In a few weeks those will change anyway, so whatever is the points cost now, it will probably not be the same in four weeks when the GHB2017 is released. I expect some BCR units to become more expensive for example.

I also looked up the points in the Warscroll builder and it seems you will be at around 600 points with the Slaves to Darkness Start Collecting box. Give or take a few because the included bataillon might have points or not, and there are 12 warriors in the box and you can only play them in increments of ten in matched play.

Man 1st of all ****** points and take what u want. U will see that after u take start collecting u will buy next model in a month so dont look at points. On the other hand look for start collecting tzeentch wchich inside u can find daemons wchich are epic low in competetive (i hope till new gh). In conclusion beastclaw raiders are much easier to build as an army their start collecting have 100%value in competetive lists what i cant say to slaves to darkness :( (what dosent mean that slaves are low quality army in my opinion)

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Slaves to Darkness start collecting is... ok. Main issue is the models in it. They're old, and until GHB17 they don't particularly have great abilities, and are kinda stopgaps for a lot of armies. The monopose warriors really need an update too. 

That said, points are not the be all and end all of games. If you can find new plays near you, or even old players who want a change, consider picking up the Path to Glory supplement which has rules for a campaign using Start Collecting boxes.

Not a Slaves to Darkness player but going from the GW website and Azyr, the start collecting set comes in at 600pts. You get 12 Chaos Warriors in the start collecting set but that 600pts is if you run just 10. 

3 hours ago, Aginor said:

I don't know much about either army, but about point values: In a few weeks those will change anyway, so whatever is the points cost now, it will probably not be the same in four weeks when the GHB2017 is released. I expect some BCR units to become more expensive for example.

I also looked up the points in the Warscroll builder and it seems you will be at around 600 points with the Slaves to Darkness Start Collecting box. Give or take a few because the included bataillon might have points or not, and there are 12 warriors in the box and you can only play them in increments of ten in matched play.

In that case i will pick beastclaw because i heard the points will stay relativle the same at around 800 (because big creatures will get a cost incease and stormfangs a decrease).Anyway i choose the color scheme too so ill be getting to it right in september (my birthday when i get the box)

Archived