Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xking

Some inspirational art

On 10/17/2018 at 7:01 PM, xking said:

Got a favorite piece of art in this thread? show it and say why.  I would like see people's reasons.  

My favourite would be the Hydra in the mists. As an onlooker you just don't know what masses hide behind these swirling clouds and I always imagine the sounds during these scenario. Although the Beast is miles away you would still be terrified and hear its movements, roaring, .....It would probably drive you mad. Just a massive thing that alters the very landscape as it passes.
Bonuspoints for the overall humidity of the piece, the landscape just seems unpleasant in a good way: cold and windy. Rain and perhaps a thunderstorm could come down any moment. Just imagine the Hydra being struck by lighting and set loose on a rampage.

Hydra.jpg

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I can agree. That art of Progenitus is beautiful. And it's more or less MtG equivalent of AoS Godbeasts

1 hour ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

My favourite would be the Hydra in the mists. As an onlooker you just don't know what masses hide behind these swirling clouds and I always imagine the sounds during these scenario. Although the Beast is miles away you would still be terrified and hear its movements, roaring, .....It would probably drive you mad. Just a massive thing that alters the very landscape as it passes.
Bonuspoints for the overall humidity of the piece, the landscape just seems unpleasant in a good way: cold and windy. Rain and perhaps a thunderstorm could come down any moment. Just imagine the Hydra being struck by lighting and set loose on a rampage.

Hydra.jpg

Thanks, I really do appreciate the deep and thoughtful response. I wanted to know what do people get out of this thread and if people are still interested in it.  

Edited by xking

What I like about this thread, is it shows how diverse AoS can be. From "noblebright"  to "grimdark"  to "titan wars"  to "low fantasy".  It's all there.  

More god of war art, the ancients and the trolls were some of my favourite in game bosses, some of the unused concept art is spectacular and inspiring and proving a great resource for three of my current projects. Love Norse myth, so rich and plentiful.

C3F76E19-82C9-405B-A974-99DA079C7246.jpeg

BE5967B2-712B-4280-96AA-4C589DC7F59B.jpeg

D503B924-6657-4124-9818-4E8CE3E1DB7F.jpeg

5BB56F2A-3DF4-4990-8428-A7BE9B2D67F9.jpeg

4B88243C-7FAB-46E9-8F33-CF8CACD48C7E.jpeg

6DB68262-4ADC-4F27-AC11-BB7F0FB57656.jpeg

E5C7C533-EB1E-4D9E-8EC7-DBF840D790C6.jpeg

DE947349-095B-490D-9FA2-D062F384B4B7.jpeg

B949D303-9ED9-45C2-81E8-6390C22DA8D6.jpeg

85BF6378-1C72-498A-A641-88CC05FC44E7.jpeg

5D207380-C76E-4AAB-A418-EEEB20DAFE2D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 3:07 PM, xking said:

57c7b083d4e59977582e62fbe18ac7ea.jpg

This one is embarrassing. What possible reason does this insect thing have to be equipped with the rack it 's been drawn with, apart from nerd titillation? 

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

This one is embarrassing. What possible reason does this insect thing have to be equipped with the rack it 's been drawn with, apart from nerd titillation? 

Welcome to DeviantArt

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

She is half mammal and because  the artist wanted too.

1 minute ago, xking said:

because

Right. We're sticking with embarrassing then.

1 minute ago, Kirjava13 said:

Right. We're sticking with embarrassing then.

It's art, I don't see it as embarrassing, It does not need a reason  beyond it being half human and half insect.   Their are many images like this.