New Start Collecting boxes & P2G

Eonx_

Even tho i am very new the hobby, seeing the new start collecting boxes gets me very hyped.

Which one would you pick up if you had to choose from the three? Fyreslayers (hawt haw) Beastclaw (dang!!!!) or Daemons of Slaanesh (killer ladies )

Even tho i am very new the hobby, seeing the new start collecting boxes gets me very hyped.

Which one would you pick up if you had to choose from the three? Fyreslayers (hawt haw) Beastclaw (dang!!!!) or Daemons of Slaanesh (killer ladies )

Well the new start collecting for Fyreslayers is cheaper than what the magmadroth used to be, so it's an awesome deal, but personally I prefer Slaanesh just because they are more my style. All three SC boxes are great deals, so I would read up on the lore for each faction and decide what ones you like the lore and models for most. All great deals, all beautiful models.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Just now, tchad78 said:

I know nothing of the Fyreslayers, other than they seemed dauntingly expensive and visually cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think they are going to get buffed with the Generals hand book 2.  

I think they are going to get buffed with the Generals hand book 2.  

that would be cool. I'm Ironjawz at the moment but would love some order added to my collection without straying too far from charge and smash.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My problem with the Fyreslayers is that, not counting characters, they only have 10 body sculpts for the whole army (5 vulkites, 5 Hearthguard). So from a modelling perspective they get a bit boring pretty quickly. For instance, in the Vulkite box, one of the 5 is in a 'hero' pose so you can use him as your Karl but that same pose you have to repeat 4 times if you're doing a unit of 20. Swapping heads doesn't really cut it.

5 hours ago, Eonx_ said:

Of course, I'm expected to champion Fyreslayers (I have 3,000 pts and am adding 2 more of these SC Boxes) but I plan to start Slaanesh when their release comes so this SC Box was a nice, welcome surprise. But all 3 are great values. Like, Fyreslayers in US was $170 for $85 now...:o

Fyreslayer and Beastclaw are the better deals, but I can't help being drawn to Slaanesh. Everything about the aesthetic screams 'build me! paint me!'.

But I have way too much to paint already, so not for me!

I was planning to get the exalted chariot of slaanesh anyway so.. yeah that's happening ;) 

I might also get the fyreslayers one as I would to add a small battalion of fyreslayers and kahadron overlords to my dwarfs. But that's long term  

I'm still stunned that GW actually made a Fyreslayers SC. It's $45 cheaper than the old price of the Magmadroth alone here in Australia! Just crazy stuff.

The army went from a horrifically overpriced joke to one that's expensive, but (barely) bearable xD

12 minutes ago, Davariel said:

I'm still stunned that GW actually made a Fyreslayers SC. It's $45 cheaper than the old price of the Magmadroth alone here in Australia! Just crazy stuff.

The army went from a horrifically overpriced joke to one that's expensive, but (barely) bearable xD

Fyreslayers still have a huge problem in that their troops are horribly overpriced.

You can get 10 Tzaangors for $30AUD less than 10 Vulkite Bersekers. And then those Vulkites are going to cost 60 points for 5 (or 120 for 10), while Tzaangor are 180 points for 10. So not only are the Tzaangor cheaper to purchase, they take up a higher proportion of your army.

So awesome start collecting box. But you're making the savings on the Magmadroths (Which you probably want maybe 2 of), while the core of your army is still really pricey. So makes me want to get a box, but not necessarily build an army.

@someone2040 Absolutely! The pricing on the fyreslayer stuff is just ludicrous - more expensive than just about anything else, and all you get are dwarf sized models with limited poses who aren't worth that many points. I think they represented the point when GW prices became insane compared to other GW prices O.o I'm glad things have gotten more reasonable since!

Ah well, I'm sure the Aussie fyreslayer generals out there are happy about the new box. All three of them xD

I am really tempted by that Beastclaw Start Collecting box.  I missed my chance to put together my Team Fortress 2 Heavy Weapons Guy-themed Ogre Kingdoms army back in the day, and it's on my dream project list for armies to do in my lifetime, and Beastclaw Raiders fit into that dream army just fine.

I wasn't a big fan of the Beastclaw Battleforce (that is actually still available on GW's website) because it came with all the resin models that I'm not interested in (not the resin part, but just not interested in the non-Ogor parts of the armies).  With that new Start Collecting box, I may make that my next AoS army project.

Archived