Alliances % at Heat 3

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 Ironjawz (4 major victory, 1 lose vs Squigs)

An Ironjawz player on 4 majors and well in with a shout for taking out Heat 3!

List looks like (could be wrong):

Cabbage

Megaboss

Chanter

Shaman

20 Ardboys

5 Brutes

5 Brutes

6 Gruntas

Ironfist

35 minutes ago, Imperial said:

9 Ironjawz (4 major victory, 1 lose vs Squigs)

Apparently the list was (doesn't seem like much of a difference, but is!):

Cabbage

Megaboss

Chanter

Shaman

20 Ardboys

10 Ardboys

5 Brutes

6 Gruntas

Ironfist

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

Any info about Kharadron Overlords list? 

Couldn't tell you the exact list but it's basically:

Admiral

Khemist (x3 or x4)

Arkanaut x 10

Arkanaut x10

Arkanaut x10

Skywardens x (lots)

Endrinriggers x (lots)

Ironclad x1

Not sure which port...

5 minutes ago, Tzaangor Management said:

@Aginor, Darren Watson placed fourth at SCGT with this list (taken from baddice.co.uk - http://baddice.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/SCGT_2017_Order.pdf

Kroak

Astrolith

Star Seer

Tehenhauin

Eternity Warden

10 Skinks

Saurus Guard

9 Ripperdactyls

Shadow Strike formation

100 Summoning pool, used for Balewind

I know, he posts over at Lustria Online. Great guy and a cool list.

Although I am pretty sure it only worked that well because of that specific meta at that tournament.

5 hours ago, Dead_Ghost said:

No idea on the actual forces/composition involved, but here's the top 40 by grand alliance.

2017-07-03_1105.png.20f3227b21e68bfafda5ff89fd474624.png

List is from the Face Hammer twitter account (Byron).

Everyone saying Death needs help is 100% vindicated. There are 3 players around 18-21, so the best they can do is mid-table.

8 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Second place was Gary P with Kharadron Overlords with the drop ship and Endrinriggers trick. I'm not sure about third place but forth was Element Game's Byron with a mostly Aelf list (Dragon, Dragon Blades, Frosties and some Glade Guard shooting with a Stormcast Heraldor).

I didn't get chance to follow much coverage but what I saw was a nice mixture of things and what seems to be a fantastic weekend. I'm gutted I couldn't make it!

Not sure I agree with that. Don't think people were saying Tomb Kings were broken but some of their units were very cheap. Plus Russ (who won the masters), is an amazing player.

People may have been more measured here but in other corners of the internet there were several people claiming that they were far, far too underpointed to the point of being unfixable and should just be scrapped. I'll readily agree that TK have some undercosted things, but Necropolis Knights aren't even undercosted compared to things like Kurnoth Hunters, Brutes, and Tzaangors (can back this up with math if you want).

Edit: love the aelf list

I thought we'd see Aetherstrike be higher up with how much people are complaining about it :P

Awesome to see a good mix. Hopefully GHB2017 will bring some buffs to Death and get them up there. Also happy to not see 3 Skyfire lists in the top tables haha.

Funny how all that broken skyfires shooting didn't do much this tournament, neither did kunnin ruk, same with that broken chaos hero sayl, the sylvaneth , the beastclaws raiders stornhorns etc.

Almost as if people learn to counter play them 

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Funny how all that broken skyfires shooting didn't do much this tournament, neither did kunnin ruk, same with that broken chaos hero sayl, the sylvaneth , the beastclaws raiders stornhorns etc.

Almost as if people learn to counter play them 

I wonder this too, but I also wonder if these lists just weren't present as much at the tournament. I would love to know how many sayl, skyfire, rukk etc. lists there were.

5 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

I really struggle to see why death dont do well at these events. They have one  the best allegiance abilty, mournghouls and most banners replace casualties. My guess would be people not taking max unit sizes due to the time it takes to move

I think there are a couple of important factors at play:

• Just based on raw stats, most Death warscrolls are pretty mediocre. There are a few that stand out a bit, but other Grand Alliances almost universally have choices that are even better. Death does have among the most defensively efficient options, but they lack offensively efficient choices. People go nuts over the Mourngul but it's really not that good. I'd be more than happy to justify that assertion with a lot of math if you like. 
  • The math suggests that Death will likely play best as a horde army. Horde armies are very clunky to play in a timed tournament setting (as you pointed out).
  • Death has basically no shooting, which means that it is incredibly vulnerable to force multiplier type heroes (think: aether khemists, bloodsecrators, megabosses and the like).
  • Death has basically no force multipliers of its own. Settra is the only really powerful one. They do have heroes that provide modest buffs, but no extreme buff game like other factions have through either battalions or heroes.
  • The power of Ruler of the Night is a double edged sword. On the one hand it's probably the best allegiance ability in the game. On the other it essentially forces you to make your general a unit champion to avoid losing your key ability immediately to any army with heavy shooting. This basically means forgoing any interesting command abilities. 

14 hours ago, Aginor said:

Out of curiosity because it is my army:
Has anyone seen a list with a noteworthy amount of Seraphon in it? Something more than just a minimum Skink battleline?

The 7th placed player had Seraphon. The list was in Twitter:

Kroak

Astrolith bearer

Starpriest

Starseer

3x10 Skinks

Bastiladon

6 Ripperdactyls

Shadowstrike warhost

I was the ironjawz player who was on table 1 vs the squigs in the last game of the weekend =)

My list was

Allegiance: Destruction
Heroes
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- General
- Command Trait : Ravager
- Artefact : Talisman of Protection
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact : Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Units
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- 10 x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 10 x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1 x Gore Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (360)
Battalions
Ironfist (60)
Total: 2000/ 2000
Heroes: 4/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

Sadly I lost in the final which bumped me down to 10th but it felt amazing getting to the top table with ironjawz =) I can't wait for the finals in October!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Deowag said:

I was the ironjawz player who was on table 1 vs the squigs in the last game of the weekend =)

My list was

Allegiance: Destruction
Heroes
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (520)
- General
- Command Trait : Ravager
- Artefact : Talisman of Protection
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact : Battle Brew
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
Units
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- 10 x Big Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- 1 x Gore Choppas
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (360)
Battalions
Ironfist (60)
Total: 2000/ 2000
Heroes: 4/6 Battlelines: 4 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

Sadly I lost in the final which bumped me down to 10th but it felt amazing getting to the top table with ironjawz =) I can't wait for the finals in October!

How many wounds on average you save by shield on Ardboys?

How many wounds on average you save by shield on Ardboys?

Eeerr no idea lol =) probs maybe 1 every 30 it felt like in some games haha

But they did make a difference I feel. As I remember at some moments making clutch 6+ shield saves

Archived