Moonclan grots bows worth it?

Congratz

I imagine that you grab them as objective holders and fanatic delivery systems.  

I'm considering starting Moonclan myself and want to arm them with anything but spears.  So tired of spears since that's all we've seen since BfSP!

In min sized units stabbas may be more useful than bows because the shield bonus.  If you don't have a way to boost shooting, I believe that the stabbas are even more offensive than bows and slittas combined, minus the range convenience of course.  Unfortunately anything higher than 20 models then spears are probably best. 

I honestly think that any weapon that allows you to bring shields will be better for Moonclan. To deliver Fanatics, they need to get close and personal, and for that role spears and shields are simply better than bows. If you get them with bows, they are just going to be a worse and more expensive version of Gitmob grots with bows, I'm afraid.

19 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Okay so bows are not that good....

I am running 3 unit of 20 moonclan grots with spears. Should i take stabbas instead?

In principle yes, it would be better. In practice, it doesn't really matter. Regardless of how you arm them, 20 Grots are not really going to do any damage worth mentioning. I run my 20-man unit with spears, simply to have the option of running them in a unit of 40 or 60 with spears every now and then.

I would experiment with running a unit of 40 spears to get the 2+ to wound roll.  

In units of 20, I think stabbas are a bit better because the +1 to hit is always available while the extra inch reach may not always be necessary.  Really 20 night goblins will not kill much regardless.

Archived