Plague Guarden novel

Tiger

Who has read it already, is or plans to?

I've finished it this afternoon. Found it very enjoyable, the story being more than simple battle report but still containing lots of action. The imagery and characters were also interesting, fallen knights that composed Order of the Fly, tentacle armed pirate Nurgle, Tornus the Redeemed, Relictor (with his heroic defiance at the end, I could almost felt the epic music in my ears) quite a few of female Stormcast to be given a voice as opposed to simply being in the background.

So how did you find it?

On 6/29/2017 at 2:18 PM, Tiger said:

Who has read it already, is or plans to?

I've finished it this afternoon. Found it very enjoyable, the story being more than simple battle report but still containing lots of action. The imagery and characters were also interesting, fallen knights that composed Order of the Fly, tentacle armed pirate Nurgle, Tornus the Redeemed, Relictor (with his heroic defiance at the end, I could almost felt the epic music in my ears) quite a few of female Stormcast to be given a voice as opposed to simply being in the background.

So how did you find it?

Next up in the queue. Flattered as hell to be among the Faithful mentioned by Josh on the dedication page.:x

• 4 weeks later...

LOTS OF SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Just finished it. Really liked how the Garden was laid out to us. Cool characters, Gardus, Tornus and his inner struggle against Torglug. Even the order of the fly was a fun way at looking at Rotbringers and I was kinda cheering for Spume all the way through. Also cool with the intro about how traumatizing it is for Stormcasts to die. That all added up pretty well. However I must say that for me it became boring about halfway through as I started to realise how easy it was for our heroes to walse into the deepest parts of the garden into an obvious trap, kill of Nurgles second in command and return home. Like any good action movie you would expect the hero to survive but I was hoping for a 'Saving Private Ryan' experience where a dying Gardus barely managed to save Grymn by luck and skills loosing all but one stormcast in the mayhem. You know something to tell us not to visit the garden. However except for Morbus sacrificing himself in the end everyone was back in time for supper. That really killed it for me I have to say. Morbus being the Ghandalf Mcgyver having a need trick ready for every situation was also a bit to much for my taste.

To sum up: the garden was very inspiring and most of the characters was colourfull and interesting but the next time Sigmar has nothing to do on a sunday I think he should handpick a bunch of heroes and go and burn that garden down he is clearly able to do it. And thats a shame,

Archived