The Painting Contract - July 2017

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for July 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, silver tower or blood bowl as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

This month I pledge to base and paint three Fimir warriors and to update my blog. 

Look forward to seeing all your progress!

I'm on a (minor) roll! (And I have to get the painting posted!)

I'm still working on my Silver Tower Set, but I want to move towards putting some Daemons on the table.

Paint:
8 Grot Scuttlings
2 Skaven Deathrunners

Build:
10x Pink Horrors
1x magnetized Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot (magnetized to allow use as either chariot or herald on disk and with 3 Blue horrors on base)
3x Magnetize/Build Screamers of Tzeentch
Finish assembling magnetized 40K Imperial Knight (main body done, need to complete weapon options)

Stretch Goals:
Paint:
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch with Familiars (4)
Stormcast Eternal Knight Questor

Assemble:
Mistweaver

Missed last month so happy to get back to the challenge. Bit of a mixed bag this month:

1. 4 chaos warriors
2. Doomwheel
3. 7 Daemonettes
4. Warp Lightning Cannon

Stretch goals:
1. Chaos Chariots
2. Chaos Sorcerer
3. Thanquol and Boneripper (old models) 

Side project; a mate of mine bought his first mini. And as he is playing with my Skaven and quite ambitious person, he bought a screaming bell. So he asked me to help him paint it. 

First thing I saw when I just signed up, looks awesome! :) June has been a mixed month for me as I had a lot to do but let's hope I can get things done this upcoming month!
To paint:
1) 2 Unit of Prosectuors (6, started working on one of the Primes but stopped)
2) 2x Liberator Primes
3) Dragonfate Dias. Built and primed it this month, really wanna paint it soon to uste it for some games!r
4) Special surprise birthday mini for my granny (Reaper Miniatures "Angel of Shadows". Her birthday is on the 18th, so I may work on this first).

Seems like enough for the month. There's a few other goals I'd like to complete, but no idea when: Space Hulk Termies, 2 5x units of Judicators, magnetize some Paladins and build  several things...

For my first ever pledge. I'm going with a build and paint the start collecting set of Daemons of Khorne.

1x Bloodthrone / Skull Cannon
3x Bloodcrushers
10x Bloodletters

I think that's enough for now.

As an after thought! Which way should I go, Bloodthrone or Skull Cannon?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Hello! Been lurking and admiring all of your work for awhile, figured it was time to participate.

Taking inventory of my stuff I discovered I have 9 units in some state of half-painted. My goal for July is to finish any three of them from the list, and at least one has to be a "squad" other than the flamers.

• Bloodmaster
  • Gaunt Summoner on disk
  • Slaughter Priest
  • 20x Bloodletters
  • Exalted Flamer
  • 6x Flamers
  • 6x Mighty Skullcrushers
  • 10x Skullreapers
  • Mutalith Vortex Beast

For my first ever pledge. I'm going with a build and paint the start collecting set of Daemons of Khorne.  

1x Bloodthrone / Skull Cannon

3x Bloodcrushers

10x Bloodletters

I think that's enough for now.

As an after thought! Which way should I go, Bloodthrone or Skull Cannon?

Both are viable options.

The most important question is:

Which one do you think looks cooler?

Have you figured out which one that is? Good.

That is the one you should make.

If someone tells you that you shouldn't make "the cool one" then you should offer to let them pay for your hobby. [emoji6]

If you're really gung-ho... you could be crazy and magnetize both options to swap them out.

Hey, I just joined in, and I am not a fast painter (nor a good one at that :p) but that's okay, I'm just making a small warband. It's mostly based on ghouls although it's a group of followers for a minor chaos god.

So in july I pledge to paint : 

-My sorcerer / necromant

-5 ghoulish followers

-5 mutant animals

I also pledge to make a 4X4 gaming table with some basic rocks and trees to get me started 

6 hours ago, Moldek said:

Hey, I just joined in, and I am not a fast painter (nor a good one at that :p) but that's okay, I'm just making a small warband. It's mostly based on ghouls although it's a group of followers for a minor chaos god.

So in july I pledge to paint : 

-My sorcerer / necromant

-5 ghoulish followers

-5 mutant animals

I also pledge to make a 4X4 gaming table with some basic rocks and trees to get me started 

Your not the only one.

This was my first pledge as well and I am not that quick or good either but this is just a bit of fun in this amazing hobby of ours.

I'm just enjoying the moment. Hope you do too.

I guess mine is to work through 10 half-painted and 9 unpainted Space Hulk Genestealers so I can shift my focus to AoS for much of the rest of the year.

Most likely one of Seraphon, Legion of Azgorh or Tzeentch Slaves to Darkness since I already have modest (19+ years old!) forces for all three, but the new shininess is always tempting so also waiting to see what the GHB 2017 brings!

Having started strongly with painting up a 500pt chunk of kharadron overlords, I kind of took a break and didn't quite get back on it to finish off the second junk in June. So this month I will go for 3 lots of 500 points of overlords. Will definitely get 1 done, hopeful for 2 and will be chuffed to make 3.

Long time lurker on this thread and figured it was time I threw my hat into the ring. 

Recently started a SCE Celestial Vindicator force and hoping to take it to Blackout in September. 

I'm aiming to get at least 3/4 done by August. Still got:

8 paladins, 8 judicators, 3 liberators, 6 prosecutors plus a relictor, celestant on foot, vexillor, 2 heraldors and a gryph hound... 

If I can get the troops done by the end of July it'll be a miracle but that's what I'm aiming for 

After the randomness of June (just posted my final status in that thread), I have decided to stop making specific commitments (for now)  and instead just see what I get done.

Edit: First July model done. Skoll from Black Plague.

20170704_152604.jpg

First time participating, long time painter.

I'm going to pledge:

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount

Warlock Engineer

That's the stuff I need to get done for the 16th (Where I may or may not have to sub-in at my own tournament).

After that, I reckon I should pledge to finishing my 5 Freeguild Guard. Been making slow progress on them for a while now, but I think I need to bite the bullet and just get them done.

And that's probably it for July. Will have to see what takes my whimsy once the tournament is over, and whether I feel like painting much AoS until GHB2 comes out and sets the tone for the next year. Maybe I'll get my Chaos Warshrine done to round out my Chaos Undivided.

Archived