The Painting Contract - July 2017

Mohojoe

Ive got a Kharadron army I really need to start so for July I want to get the first core of it done.  

Ill be making a start on a frigate but it will be getting a lot of conversion work so not to be finished this month. Ive already started some test models so kind of settled on a scheme. I will be starting a blog to track progress for a bit more motivation.

So my painting contract will be;

~500pts

2 Company unit

1 Khemist

1 Skywarden unit

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

How's everyone doing?

I managed to get "stuck" on my Herald of Tzeentch on chariot/disc.

And then dug into painting the herald ...

(Though the horrors are built.)

Anyone else having challenges (working towards their contract) this month?

After 11(!!) test models I finally found the skin color for my daemonettes ? But in the mean time I finished a doomwheel, 4 Warriors to complete the squad and just need to do final touches on a chariot and warp lightning cannon. So I might actually dip into my stretch goals ?

I have got distracted with Space Hulk; after 7 months of non-stop Khorne I have felt the need to paint something different. So I am painting a lot of gene stealers and quoting aliens a lot ? It's nice to have the break to get the mojo back and normal service will be resumed. The new start collecting boxes are sooo tempting...

@TheOtherJosh

Moving slower than anticipated. Took a while to decide on a colour scheme for my Daemons of Khorne. That is now sorted and painting has resumed but slowly due to real life issues. Should get them done, fingers crossed.

Bloodletter colour was plagiarised from this post: 

Really liked the dirty finish of the original. Makes them look like they are having fun bathing in the blood of their victims.

I've got 10 kairic acolytes basecoated, with 3 mostly done.  Ogroid is partially painted.  Lost some will to paint last week, so I have gotten a lot more stuff assembled.  

Though...I'm eyeing Ironjaws or Kharadrons for some Path to Glory coming up soon....

I got a few dudes done today.  One is a grot from my gf's ork army. She's doing the bases, but I really wanted to paint the little blighter.

The other is a suuuuper basic necron experiment.  I'm shifting some colors from Vallejo to GW and they are not a perfect match, so I'm playing around until I get it right.  I also tried a new way of doing green glow - paint yellow and wash about 12 times with green ink.  Gotta find a better way.  Anyway, here are the results:

Grot1_Front.jpg

Imm1_Front.jpg

Well, I think I might just make it!
I have a 6 model, aos28 style warband, that is 80% painted, still need to finish one dude, do the bases and some touch-ups.
I still have to do 3 mutant animals but that's pretty fun and quick :)
I'm not completely happy with the look, but it'sa learning process and I'm feeling more confident already for my next project.
I've been watching a lot of terrain videos on youtube and I'm working on some basic elements before starting something a bit more ambitious...
WarbandWip.jpg.c59fc56db08ab11c9914e0a305db8c6c.jpg

You can see some more pics and fluff on my plog

Hey guys, hope you all had a productive month. I'm finishing off my fimir as we speak. I got a lot done in July, nothing completely finished unfortunately but a lot of progress. Will leave you with a few pictures to browse through while I set up next months thread.
f3de131d537f11023fbbc8db959e9285.jpg3ca9d2abaf761443c272d39aa1018943.jpg98c8bb110b784c0c575d399c438d8dd2.jpg2370f145ea6b3155e8bb8675c4484f29.jpg76946f1ee07e2114f61c40712ddec768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a good news/bad news kinda month for me:

Good news:
Built the 10 Pink Horrors
Built and Magnetized the herald on burning chariot
Screamers built.

Painting:
Painted the magnetized Herald and Disk
Primed the base for the chariot. (Need to prime the screamers separately)

Bad:
Got distracted by the herald and didn't paint the grots or skaven from Silver Tower
Determined that I need different magnet setup for the screamers.

IMG_2916.JPGIMG_2911.JPGIMG_2918.JPGIMG_2913.JPGIMG_2895.JPGIMG_2842.JPG

Very similar situation here as well. Got everything built as seen above and the ten Bloodletters are done and so are the Bloodcrushers. Sadly I've only got the base colours done on the Bloodthrone so not quite there. Still shouldn't take to long to get it to the battlefield. Although you can't see very well in my photos (must find a better way of taking them) I have had my first attempt at blending colours to go from Dryad Bark to Khorne Red on the horns. Quite happy with the outcome.

DSC_0048 1.JPG

DSC_0049 1.JPG

DSC_0050 1.JPG

DSC_0051 1.JPG

I just painted a poxwalker using the Duncan video as instructions.  There were lots of things that were at odds with my normal methods,  but I stuck with it and it turned out be be fairly decent. I even learned a thing or two, so well worth the effort.

20170730_170956.jpg

20170730_170938.jpg

Bit late with the picture but this is what I managed last month. 3 warmachines, 6 daemonettes and 4 chaos warriors. I made a start on the remaining daemonettes to make it a unit of 10 and started on the sorcerer. Have the order for the bases of the warmachines ready, just need to finish some backlog before I order more.  So all in all, pretty happy and looking forward to next month. Just a few more models and I finally finished 1K of Slaanesh :D 

On 6/29/2017 at 9:09 AM, Kramer said:

1. 4 chaos warriors
2. Doomwheel
3. 10 Daemonettes
4. Warp Lightning Cannon

Stretch goals:
1. Chaos Chariots
2. Chaos Sorcerer
3. Thanquol and Boneripper (old models) 

598176a535636_Bestand02-08-1784922AM.jpeg.1d2743c07dee3103dbefad792627b28e.jpeg

Archived