Pirate dwarves.

TredHed

Hello all,

So I am thinking of breaking out my pirate dwarfs (Long Drong's Slayers and the pirate version of the White Dwarf) and using them in skirmish. What do you guys think I should use them as? Kharadron Overlords - Arkanught company and Admiral? Seems to me to make the most sense, but what are your thoughts all?

Do it. Sounds awesome.

I'm considering something similiar - sky pirates in general,  made of Aelf, Man, and Duardin. The ships made more like classic airships rather than the steampunk version the Overlords have. 

And the balloon bros clearly need to look like hawkmen from Flash Gordon.

1082623-2up.png.c658631c3018c8d5fd70c1d4fe6185f8.png

On June 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM, TredHed said:

Hello all,

So I am thinking of breaking out my pirate dwarfs (Long Drong's Slayers and the pirate version of the White Dwarf) and using them in skirmish. What do you guys think I should use them as? Kharadron Overlords - Arkanught company and Admiral? Seems to me to make the most sense, but what are your thoughts all?

Do KO Pirate Slayers.  It works great :-)

DAO-U7xXUAAwyGw.jpg-large-2.jpeg.762809f924ac288e70d5221712a37cb4.jpeg

15 hours ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

Fyreslayers might be a decent option.  Throwing axes to approximate the pistols and maybe vulkite bezerkers with the twin axes for the regular long drong's.  Both are lightly armored.

I was pondering Fyreslayers too.
I'm thinking the Auric Runeson for the White Dwarf and Vulkite Beserkers for the Pirates.

Do you have the original Slayer pirates? I have a couple of units so have been thinking of doing the same. I have also thought of using them as arkanaut company. With long Drong himself as the admiral. 

I think the models and the arkanaut rules fit very well. It's hard to convert them to have the special weapons though...

Yeah, I have 1 box of them. The more I think about it, the more I think I am just going to use the Arkanaut rules. I am not going to worry about special weapons as I am only doing these for small skirmish. ;)

Archived