Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZephyrExia

Korghos Khul and Vandus Hammerhand Updates warscrolls

Recommended Posts

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/23/vandus-and-khul-matched-play-points-june22gw-homepage-post-2/ 

So these guys have had their warscrolls updated to resolve the ruling issues that were discussed passionately on this forum.

The clarifications are:

Korghos Khul: 200pts

If you take Korghos Khul and a Goretide warscroll battalion, then Korghos Khul must be taken instead of the Mighty Lord of Khorne.

Aqshy’s Bane: In your hero phase, if Korghos Khul is within 8" of an enemy model, you can pile in up to 8" and attack with Korghos Khul and Grizzlemaw.

 

Vandus Hammerhand: 280

If you include a Lords of the Storm battalion as part of a Hammers of Sigmar Warrior Chamber, then Vandus may be taken instead of the Lord-Celestant, LordCelestant on Dracoth or Lord-Celestant on Stardrake that normally leads the battalion.

 

Notably, Vandus may still be included in the Hameers of sigmar warrior chamber without a lords of the storm battalion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy with the changes to Khul, though he's still got some "issues" when running Khul & The Goretide under matched play conditions (I have submitted some feedback which is being passed on :)).  The change to Ashqy''s Bane suggests that we may be seeing an FAQ/Errata out for Blades of Khorne which would be great :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me this is just an update and thus change again so it can all click in much better. Very happy with the both of them. Very happy that the both of them do not become mandatory picks with their respective Battalion anymore. 

Looking forward to see some more BoK FAQ aswell and still would love to know what they now mean with the latest variant of the Bloodsecrator.
- Did it intentionally lose the Bloodbound Keyword?
- Does it mean GW wants us to understand Rage of Khorne is back to it's old wording thus stackable?

Hope to see more in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Killax said:

To me this is just an update and thus change again so it can all click in much better. Very happy with the both of them. Very happy that the both of them do not become mandatory picks with their respective Battalion anymore. 

Looking forward to see some more BoK FAQ aswell and still would love to know what they now mean with the latest variant of the Bloodsecrator.
- Did it intentionally lose the Bloodbound Keyword?
- Does it mean GW wants us to understand Rage of Khorne is back to it's old wording thus stackable?

Hope to see more in the future.

Likely just used the old pdf for him by mistake. Otherwise no one can use the banners of rage, which is stupid. So kinda makes the mistake obvious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arkiham said:

Likely just used the old pdf for him by mistake. Otherwise no one can use the banners of rage, which is stupid. So kinda makes the mistake obvious 

I cant say its obvious.

Khul had this odd wording before, while changed now I'm willing to bet you no one will use him, which isn't stupid. GW has even adressed that these characters might not be for everyone.

There are also several Artefacts who see no use at all now anyway, this includes all Banners of Khorne. What I just see is that not all designs are made for matched play but the most recent Bloodsecrator 'resolves' possible issues of stacking/not stacking because the wording there has actually been clarified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ReverendDangles said:

@ZephyrExiaBased on the new wording, does that mean I can take Goretide and Mighty Lord of Khorne instead of Korghos Khul?

Thats exactly what the new wording means :) 

However keep in mind that once you have taken the Goretide AND Korgos Khul you MUST replace The Mighty Lord of Khorne with him.

Previously it said, once you have taken the Goretide Khorgos Khul MUST replace The Mighty Lord of Khorne with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thats exactly what the new wording means [emoji4] 

However keep in mind that once you have taken the Goretide AND Korgos Khul you MUST replace The Mighty Lord of Khorne with him.

Previously it said, once you have taken the Goretide Khorgos Khul MUST replace The Mighty Lord of Khorne with him.


Ok good, that's what I was hoping it meant.

Yeah the old wording basically meant you have to pay 200 points for a hero with the same abilities as the battalion. Weird.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ReverendDangles said:

 


Ok good, that's what I was hoping it meant.

Yeah the old wording basically meant you have to pay 200 points for a hero with the same abilities as the battalion. Weird.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
 

 

Yep. I really like that they adressed it and do not want to enforce specific models even if the narrative would tell otherwise. 
Though from a Narrative standpoint it wasnt that weird (or still isn't). The Goretide is lead by Khorgos Khul regardless and I think that GW basically had a "sudden" idea to sell the Mighty Lord and Bloodsecrator seperate (same for Vandus) so making up some new rules for them would make them even cooler as starters.

AoS still in my opinion is in it's starting up phase and despite many things having a cost now not all models are specifically designed to be part of Matched play. This also applies for many Forgeworld designs that are available to AoS.

From that perspective I understand why Khul is 200 points. In my opinion he's a great Hero for 1K or 1.5K play. It's just that at 2K you have the room to dive into 100+ Battalions, which The Goretide is part off, so generally speaking cheaper Heroes have a competative edge because you can run multiples of supports :) 
To me the same currently also applies to a Bloodthirster for example. He too can be expensive for the Matched play Khorne armies, in many cases he's a rarity because he does not offer the same support as 3 roughly 100+ costed Heroes do (such as Bloodsecrators).

Cheers,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Killax said:

I cant say its obvious.

Khul had this odd wording before, while changed now I'm willing to bet you no one will use him, which isn't stupid. GW has even adressed that these characters might not be for everyone.

There are also several Artefacts who see no use at all now anyway, this includes all Banners of Khorne. What I just see is that not all designs are made for matched play but the most recent Bloodsecrator 'resolves' possible issues of stacking/not stacking because the wording there has actually been clarified. 

supposedly not being used..(at least on forums) and being impossible to use are completely different. 

and it is clearly the old warscroll. the original bloodsecrator did not have the keyword and had wording like that, and the blades of khorne book has items specifically designed for him, which would be impossible to use if this "updated "  warscroll was done intentionally, so it cant be correct. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

supposedly not being used..(at least on forums) and being impossible to use are completely different. 

and it is clearly the old warscroll. the original bloodsecrator did not have the keyword and had wording like that, and the blades of khorne book has items specifically designed for him, which would be impossible to use if this "updated "  warscroll was done intentionally, so it cant be correct. 

Not really, as you said before, GW allows you to use Warscrolls as you like.
If players do not want to use the updated Warscroll they do not have to. 

The moment things get released from GW they are correct until they alter it ;) Which as seen can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Killax said:

Not really, as you said before, GW allows you to use Warscrolls as you like.
If players do not want to use the updated Warscroll they do not have to. 

The moment things get released from GW they are correct until they alter it ;) Which as seen can happen.

i think you'' find yourself hard pressed to find an opponent allowing it, but sure. play how you like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arkiham said:

i think you'' find yourself hard pressed to find an opponent allowing it, but sure. play how you like 

Well as can be seen, it's the most recent version of the Warscroll. Release date June 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Killax said:

Well as can be seen, it's the most recent version of the Warscroll. Release date June 2017.

yes, and you honestly think, with all honesty that they removed the bloodbound wording and reverted the wording of the banner back to the old one on purpose?  and those items specially designed for exclusive use by him now being impossible to use? that this was intentionally done? 

na, this is rather clearly a mistaken release. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arkiham said:

yes, and you honestly think, with all honesty that they removed the bloodbound wording and reverted the wording of the banner back to the old one on purpose?  and those items specially designed for exclusive use by him now being impossible to use? that this was intentionally done? 

na, this is rather clearly a mistaken release. 

Its even in the instruction manual mate. If they come back on it Im fine if they do, so long as thats not the case this is the most recent Warscroll.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I'm happy with the changes to Khul, though he's still got some "issues" when running Khul & The Goretide under matched play conditions (I have submitted some feedback which is being passed on :)).  The change to Ashqy''s Bane suggests that we may be seeing an FAQ/Errata out for Blades of Khorne which would be great :)

We can hope, but they still haven't even addressed the problems in Disciples. Feels like they're waiting for those "FAQ forums" or whatever that is to launch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Can i take vandus without to take any battalion? 

Yes you can :) Just keep in mind hes usually not part of another battalion, like Khul, as that still forces all other models to come with him too.

In general I think both might be a little expensive for Matched play but only due to them not being able to thake Artefacts or Command Traits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...