Beastclaw Raiders List- is this bad?

WillTG

Hi all. I've been playing with the battle times and warscroll builder, and came up with this monstrosity: an 8 model list that might or might not be fun to play. I'd appreciate any and all feed back. 

Heroes

Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)

- General

Huskard on Stonehorn (380)

- Chaintrap

Units

4 x Mournfang Pack (400)

-Gargant Hackers

Behemoths

Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline

Stonehorn Beastriders (360)

- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline

Total: 1960/ 2000
Heroes: 2/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 4/4 Artillery: 0/4

Broken? Fun? It looks like fun on paper, but I value others input. 

Thank you. 

Will    

I think the most broken thing are the Thundertusks, which you avoided. Nonetheless I think there could be more watering down for a fun game. I am using 2 units of Mournfang for a friendly list. Also, holding objectives with only big beasts can be difficult.

If you spilt the mournfangs into two units of two (I love big units so I understand if you didn't want to) you would have everything for the jorlbad formation. That would let the mournfang run and charge, give you a second artifact and the ability to have a unit drop of two for a real great shot at having turn.

If you give your warlord everwinters master, you can reroll on the winter chart for that 3-4 for the 3" move. Add that to the run and charge, you could be charging with the whole army first turn.

If your opponent doesn't have much shooting or crazy buffing, let them have first turn to probably get a little closer to you. Then you get off all your charges and have a chance for a double turn.

12 hours ago, gummyofallbears said:

technically, stonehorn beastriders aren't behemoths and don't take up the behemoth limit in matched play if you are Beastclaw raiders, it says they become battleline, not 'behemoth, battleline' 

Sorry Dude, I'm pretty certain this has been FAQ'd. They count as BOTH Battleline AND Behemoth

Yes Beastriders are still Behemoths. I don't like them to be honest, for there cost I would take another Frost lord on the stonehorn and move the Huskard to a Thundertusk for the healing and the shooting.  Leaves you with 300pts + the 40 you are short. turn that into another 2 Mournfang and a unit of Yhetee. This leaves you at 1980. 

Always run Mournfang as units of 2, there is no benefit a larger unit of them. You can still run them together and you get a gun for every 2. Running 2 units of 2 together gives you 2 chances to make a charge encase you fail with the 1st. And if something hits them that can cause 12 wounds you loses 1 unit or 1 model from each of the 2 units but you will never loose a model to battleshock. 

This would give you 3 Heros for 3 places of power (Stonehorns are not very good at that though) and 9 additional models for objectives

Archived