Need help making a Bretonnia/Freeguild/ list 2000 points

Congratz

Im need help making a Free people army for an upcoming tournement

When i say Free people i mean Bretonnia and Freeguild. (Maybe Arcane could be good?)

I honstly have no idea what to use so i will show you my collection :)

You are welcome to give me ideas for units that i should buy and how many of them

Posting a list for me would i really appreciate :) (even if i don't own the units)

Bretonnia:

1x Fay enchantress

1x The green knight

1x Damsel on horse

1x paladin

1x paladin standard bearer

32x Knights of the realm

10x Grail knights

16x Men at arms

32x Peasent bowmen

1x Field trebuchet

Freeguild:

1x Freeguild General on horse

10x Greatswords

10x Freeguild guard

As I said I know I need to buy more Freeguild any ideas wich units?

Have a great day

The real standouts from the Bretonnians are:

King Louen - Decently tough and hitty and army wide battleshock immunity. 

Grail Knights - Nice damage on the charge and still decent after unlike most cavalry. It will depend on the goofy "For the Lady" rule, most people just say that they straight up get re-rolls to hit. If so with Louen they are terrifyingly accurate.

Peasant Bowmen - Only particularly good if backed up by a Paladin, but can do a poor man's Kunnin' Rukk for one turn and are pretty standard missile troops otherwise.

Field Trebuchet - Doesn't miss vs units of 7 or more and can be a great chaff clearer together with the Bowmen.

Pegasus Knights - Extremely mobile and really pushes the bell curve up for their charge range. Double pile-in and attack means they get the lance bonus twice. Great for being a homing missile to scalpel out support heroes or warmachines.

It's entirely possible to do a majority Bretonnian army by subbing out Men-at-Arms for Freeguild Guard as they are cheaper and strictly better.

Also something to keep in mind is that generic Free Peoples/Order buffs still apply to Bretonnian stuff so Freeguild Generals and Celestial Hurricanums are still viable choices for a Bretonnian heavy list.

I started out in AoS playing solely Bretonnia as they are my true love! Everything about them get me excited and I played two full years of AoS with them, so I have had some practice with the army. Below is the list I liked to run! It's very low model count but it surprises a lot of people, even myself most of the time. 

Allegiance: Order

Heroes
Bretonnian Lord (140)
- Mount: Pegasi
- Artefact: Relic Blade
Damsel Of The Lady (100)
The Fay Enchantress (160)

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)

Units
9 x Pegasus Knights (600)
10 x Grail Knights (360)
10 x Grail Knights (360)

Total: 1960/2000

It is a list with tons of Bretonnian flavour with a little bit of freeguild merely to fill the tax of having three (3) battleline. I have always wanted to fit in the Men-At-Arms purely to just get my battleline pure Bretonnia, but after much playtesting with them I've concluded that they you either run them in 32-48 or not at all; even then it is a lot of points for battleline. If you wanted, you can convert them like I've always wanted to and put swords on them instead of polearms and run them as Freeguild Guard. You'd get style points for sure. 

Looking at the list of thing you have, you could also run another one of my favorite lists:

Allegiance: Order

Heroes
Damsel Of The Lady (100)
The Fay Enchantress (160)
King Louen Leoncoeur (400)

Battleline
16 x Knights Of The Realm (440)

Total: 1980/2000

All you would need to pick up is a few more Knights of the Realm and King Leonceour or convert your own.

It is a very cavalry heavy army and runs like the true spirit of Bretonnia!

If you need any help breaking down units or explanation, we're all here to help! Bon chance!

Thanks for the tips guys :)

So im thinking that i maybe should buy a Freeguild General on Griffon and convert him into King leuon

But the problem is with the pegasi knights i don't have any :( Know a place where i could buy them or how i could convert them? and the same goes for Men at Arms.

I do like your first list it look fun :)

I do love that Freeguild General on Griffon conversion idea!!! I was thinking the same for a future Gilles model or something. 

Yeah, finding the Pegasus Knights is always a problem. They tend to be running pretty steep on ebay. I could probably dig up a few in storage if you want, otherwise your best bet would be to check out some other sculpts like norbaminiatures.com. Same thing goes for the Men At Arms. You're just as well off running the Freeguild Guard or even Greatswordsmen as Freeguild Guard and paint them up with Bretonnia heraldry! :)

3 minutes ago, Slick_Kid said:

I do love that Freeguild General on Griffon conversion idea!!! I was thinking the same for a future Gilles model or something. 

Yeah, finding the Pegasus Knights is always a problem. They tend to be running pretty steep on ebay. I could probably dig up a few in storage if you want, otherwise your best bet would be to check out some other sculpts like norbaminiatures.com. Same thing goes for the Men At Arms. You're just as well off running the Freeguild Guard or even Greatswordsmen as Freeguild Guard and paint them up with Bretonnia heraldry! :)

Man norbaminiatures.com Pegasus knights looks alot like GWs. 

And what do you mean by "I could probably dig up a few in storage if you want" 

And what do you think about Peasent Millita and Defenders Of the Realm (Battalions)

The best 28mm Pegasus I've found are from Fire Forge, although the knights are a bit lacklustre. I personally replaced them with Gamezone Errant Knights

As for Men-at-Arms I went with Gamezone again and their Armed Retinue.

These are quite pricey options but I'm willing to splash out for one of my favourite armies that I never got around to collecting.

18 minutes ago, Congratz said:

So im thinking that i maybe should buy a Freeguild General on Griffon and convert him into King leuon

Honestly, I think that if you want to run Louen, you should just save up and buy him. He's expensive but the model really is quite different from a Freeguild General on Griffon, and different in a way that actually makes a difference in game. Louen is neither a monster nor a behemoth, and his model is a lot smaller than the general on griffon. That means he can benefit from cover and he can hide behind terrain more easily, which is really important given that he is a 400 point model with only 10 wounds and no ward save.

8 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Man norbaminiatures.com Pegasus knights looks alot like GWs. 

And what do you mean by "I could probably dig up a few in storage if you want" 

And what do you think about Peasent Millita and Defenders Of the Realm (Battalions)

I have quite a few Bretonnia bits and models. I'm sure if I took a look in storage, I could dig up and find a few Pegasus Knights if you were interested in GW Pegasi. Otherwise, if you really wanted the unit of 9 and to be consistent, the best and cheapest option would be to go with norba or fireforge.

As far as the Bretonnian Battalions, I've always been of the mindset play what you think will be fun and exciting. I have never ran the Battalions from Bretonnia myself as I have found them too costly and I tend to find the same tools elsewhere. Either from magic, mystical terrain, or some other buff. But, if you do run it, let me know how you like them!

1 minute ago, Slick_Kid said:

I have quite a few Bretonnia bits and models. I'm sure if I took a look in storage, I could dig up and find a few Pegasus Knights if you were interested in GW Pegasi. Otherwise, if you really wanted the unit of 9 and to be consistent, the best and cheapest option would be to go with norba or fireforge.

As far as the Bretonnian Battalions, I've always been of the mindset play what you think will be fun and exciting. I have never ran the Battalions from Bretonnia myself as I have found them too costly and I tend to find the same tools elsewhere. Either from magic, mystical terrain, or some other buff. But, if you do run it, let me know how you like them!

I haven't tried them yet :)

Please tell if you find some bretonnia :) might be interrested in buying something ;) 

The Bretonnian battalions are pretty lacklustre.

Defenders of the Realm could be slotted in easily for a knight heavy army but it's not exactly a massive force multiplier like Kunnin Rukk or Aetherstrike Force.

Peasant Militia just isn't worth it. Chances are if you're going Peasant heavy you'll want King Louen to shore up their bad bravery so that pretty much invalidates one half of it. And having to take 2 units of the decidedly sub-par Men-at-Arms for the other bonus is a bad trade in my eyes. 

Archived