Fungrim's Fun Emporium

Fungrim

Due to unpopular demand, here's a thread that displays my plastic-based massacres...

Beginning with:

Ironblaster!

@Chris Tomlin asked about the grunta and how difficult it was to hack up-

Not *too* bad is the answer. Obviously by the time you've cut the rider's legs off you end up with a bit of a hole. I glued two strips onto the inside of this hole for structure (using two off-cuts from a GW frame)

I then built up this area using green stuff. I made something vaguely resembling fur (to match the grunts mane) - but eventually used an animal skin (from the Ironblaster kit) as a kind of cover over the area

The grunta was quite wide so the tusks that make the frame of the Ironblaster cannon needed to be spread a little wider to accommodate it.

If I had the patience or skill I might have left the grunta armour off and sculpted some more fur on. (But I don't so I didn't...)

Any more qs give me a shout!

IMAG0308.jpg

@Fungrim - There we go! This is more than worthy of it's own topic. Fantastic conversion, I really like it. First time I've seen someone remove the Brute from the Grunta as well, which is interesting. Great work.

The only problem you've got now is that you've generated a bunch of interest here and we all want to see it painted...so get to it!! ;) 

@Chris Tomlin - haha cheers mate! I knew I wanted to do it for a while, what with that big jagged metal thing over the top of the cannon (very Ironjawzy). Put it together a month or so back and kinda forgot about it, been cracking on with a few others bits and pieces. 

Definitely have the motivation to get some paint on it now......

24 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

.... to get the juices flowing!

And the pigments!

My 3rd claw 'n' smasha Bruteboss. It's time to drop the relative reliability of the Boss Choppa for that extra smashyness...

IMAG0211a.jpg

No problem guys @Chris Tomlin @Solaris. I got that totem and this little house (see below) as the GW Lake-Town houses always seem perpetually out of stock.

Pretty affordable, able to use Paypal, delivery within a few days (from the continent!), and looks to be really nice quality (will post some photos of the bits later)

By the way [disclaimer] I do not work for minimonsters.eu ......! 

house.PNG

6 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I just sent them an e-mail. Interested in the full Orc Orruk range they do. Great find @Fungrim

Let me know how you get on @Chris Tomlin I think I'll be making a purchase my self.

i have the forge world totem thing. I think this stuff will go great with it. 

This is a great thread so far. Thanks for putting it up. Keep up the good work!!

Also!
Been meaning to stick this in the forum for a while, I just received mine in the post.
There's some amazing terrain available at minimonsters.eu, in particular in context to this sub-forum is https://minimonsters.eu/en_US/p/Orc-Totem/99 (see below) - thought some folks might be interested!

59423d9b83ff5_orctotem.PNG.4d43f63e51ee5472c2eec441ae92536e.PNG

Thanks for that Fungrim! They are really great - I was looking for something like that for a while... And they are polish!! We have so much orc/ork/orrukk love here;) Kromlech, Mini Monsters
Will definitely pimp my board with them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

@Fungrim - Thanks again for the Mini Monsters recommendation. I have been in touch with them and they are very friendly/helpful.  Hopefully will have something to share in the near future. Something that could possibly benefit some of you guys as well!!

No problem mate. Great news that you've had good communication with them. I really need to assemble the bits I ordered (been slightly side-tracked with Skirmish and 40K)

Will hopefully start putting stuff together tonight/tomorrow, if this heat doesn't cause problems with the assembly process of course..

@Chris Tomlin - mate! That makes me feel a LOT better... honestly, I started doing it and it was alright at first (especially on the bigger barrels), but several Lieutenants later and I was (literally) in bits. Similar to you, I ended up snipping a few pieces of cylindrical plastic off the sprues and attempting to remodel the guns! Absolute nightmare...

Disclaimer: this is not Ironjawz. It's not even Destruction. I'm really, really sorry....

But it's Skirmish and to be fair, the Fury of Gork novel is actually partly where I got the inspiration from (so technically it's fine)

Gaunt Summoner warband (majorly WIP):

IMAG0337a.jpg

Archived