Review: Warhammer Quest - 1st Edition

BusyEarning

Your right in that contents wise it's still a great package but recently I found my copy which had been hidden away for years and me and my buddy have been playing it and while the 1st couple of plays were fun the gameplay mechanics quickly started to bore me.You just end up doing the same thing every turn and since AoS I've had my fill of having to thumb thru multiple books to find special rules and tables etc.

Still,back in the day it was the dogs and many long nights were had playing this and I'm glad I still have it.

4 minutes ago, discoking said:

Your right in that contents wise it's still a great package but recently I found my copy which had been hidden away for years and me and my buddy have been playing it and while the 1st couple of plays were fun the gameplay mechanics quickly started to bore me.You just end up doing the same thing every turn and since AoS I've had my fill of having to thumb thru multiple books to find special rules and tables etc.

Still,back in the day it was the dogs and many long nights were had playing this and I'm glad I still have it.

I agree with you but I think it was designed more as a board game you played every few weeks/months that made a story. I think the reality of it, was most people played it a stupid amount of times because it was cool (I mean a randomly generated Dungeon!).

Always scares me when I see these sorts of reviews as it reminds me how long I've been dabbling in the hobby!

Fair point on the repetitiveness! You are absolutely right that the actions you can take on your Warrior turn on pretty limited. However, those repetitive actions are exploring a randomly generated dungeon and slaying hordes of monsters!

Plus, I feel that due to the change of complete annihilation and death lurking around every corner, you are always on your toes. 

I'll have my copy of Silver Tower tomorrow and cannot wait to compare! 

Archived