Skirmish - Let's see your tables

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, have enough of it down to show.

We come to AoS through Silver Tower and the AoS Starter set. So, having a bunch of Tzeentch and Stormcast Eternals...it only makes sense to set our skirmish games in Chamon. I don't know too much about it so ordered that Quest For Ghal Maraz book for background. I do know the realm looks to be painted in purples and blues:

4xl.jpg

This actually works in my favor as I wanted our table to have a simple, uniform look. One problem I've had with the GW AoS terrain is that the mats and pieces are so colorful (_especially_ those mats!) that I feel like the minis sort of get lost. My eye has a hard time parsing everything with all the bold colors everywhere.

So, with that issue and the colors in the map above, I went about finding a darker mat and painted my scenery bits with few colors. The hope is that my board feels like a ruin in Chamon, but more importantly, our models 'pop' out and are easily distinguishable on the battlefield.

ch1.jpg.f81559a37abb9ac5e1035808d6d36d89.jpg

ch2.jpg.5a875d7227eccb839289e3981be4550f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mr. White said:

Incredible!

This sort of low footprint storage solution interests me very much. Can you elaborate? Got photos of the breakdown?

Thanks! :)

The basis of the kit is the Pegasus Hobbies Gothic City stuff, though I have chopped it up to look more like ruins and added the flowing myself. Here's a pic of it all in bits:

IMG_20170328_101413034.jpg.7831262d6563506b181e213ccb4b7960.jpg

Archived