Phoenixes

Bremy

Couple questions on the Phoenixes. With the Flamespyre Phoenix, for the Reborn ability do I need to have reinforcement points to reborn it?

Lastly on the Frostheart Phoenix, does the Blizzard Aura stack?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 2:59 AM, Tizianolol said:

In matched play yes,you have to pay reinforcement points! Unfortunatly:(

Really? Anytime you set up a unit you have to have points in reserve, I get that... But this says to set up the model, or since this is only one model per unit, I guess it's the same thing? 

The model is slain, and is removed from the board - then a new unit is placed somewhere else on the board (being the same physical model doesn't make a difference).  The rule also specifically states "Set up", which squarely puts it in the camp of Reinforcement Points. 

Yeah, you have to pay for it. Silly, I know, but the question has come up a few times already, and always with that conclusion.

The counter logic is that we've already paid the points to bring it, ability included, so it shouldn't then cost extra for its ability to activate. 

But as per the silly summoning rules, you have to pay to bring it back :P might as well field two.

The frustrating thing is that it doesn't come back automatically. It comes back to life on a roll of a 4+ so you could pay the reinforcement points, make a bad roll and you've lost your reinforcement points altogether. 

You would still have the points if you failed, so you could summon if you had a Bright Wizard or a Slaan....

• 1 month later...
On 30-6-2017 at 3:03 PM, Mayple said:

Yeah, you have to pay for it. Silly, I know, but the question has come up a few times already, and always with that conclusion.

The counter logic is that we've already paid the points to bring it, ability included, so it shouldn't then cost extra for its ability to activate. 

But as per the silly summoning rules, you have to pay to bring it back :P might as well field two.

It would be a bit op though.. maybe ghb 2017 will lower flamespire points though?

Archived