This is the first time I’ve used contrast paint on anything and I feel like I used it the right way but the way it runs on flat surfaces and often leaves difficult to reach areas like the tops of these kurnoths is kind of frustrating as you need to use a light base coat for them. I think it works better than just slapping agax earthshade on them but I’ll relegate this stuff to just another tool I can use to diversify my color range in my Sylvaneth collection.
As an aside here are some better pictures of my durthu who has become a point of shame and pride at the same time. Some of the yellow looks good but most of it is just embarrassing.
i gotta say that compared to how I painted when I stared this blog I have come a long way and that taking a step back to recollect and fix things like this guy has made it a fun learning experience. I’m really looking forward to getting these treekin stripped and built.