It has been a little over one week since I started the blog and 2020 hobby quest. So let's see what else I did.
Painting the Brimstone Horrors knocked off 10 of 10 models for the first 9 days, so I'm not stressing about the painting goals. There will be bigger obstacles to come, I'm 100% sure of it (two ominous laughs).
What you haven't seen that I have built/painted:
1. The aforementioned Rats from Carrion Empire that I built in the last post.
2. I completed the generic Chaos Spawn in a Red->Blue transition, and one of the three Flamers that I have in generic Flamer paint scheme (Talassar Blue and Fire Colors to start, I think I added a few greenish and purplish colors to add contrast):
3. 10 Blue Horrors and the other 2 Flamers. I put blue onto all of them, and three of the Blue Horrors currently sit complete.
4. A completed piece of Warcry Terrain that was a testing ground for what I wanted to use as my paint scheme:
- Prime semi-light Grey, Prime White from a 60 degree angle and upward.
- Stone in Basilicanum Grey, then Drybrush with Grey Seer (yes, I like the color for edges)
- Wood in Wyldwood, then Agrax Earthshade, Seraphim Sepia, and/or Gore-Grunta Fur to provide variation in wood planks.
- Metal grates in Balthasar Gold, then Nihilak Oxide
In my humble opinion about the old sculpts, the eyes on most of them are tiny and really hard to paint. I thought the Screamers were hard, but the Chaos Spawn was a whole 'nut-er level of difficulty, and it was only two of them