Fully into my Gloomspite Gitz army now after picking up Looncurse and repainting and rebasing some stuff from my 8th Edition Goblins.
First up is my Araknorak with Flinger - the spider was painted 5 years ago but I hadn't gotten around to finishing the rest of him.
I'm pretty pleased with how the new basing turned out.
Three of the Troggoths are new, the other three have been stripped and rebased.
Not a lot of painting has been happening recently but I managed to finish off my 1000 points of NIghthaunt. I used this army to try out a few new techniques, different coloured undercoats and washes. Got to say it hasn't been my favourite painting experience. I like the finished result but I wouldn't do it again. Pretty happy with all the metal though.
The only other Nighthaunt model I would still like to paint would be The Craven King.
With the new Gloomsp
I've been pretty busy beavering away at all sorts of things. Here's a few new bits for the KO. An Admiral to lead them, the completed Gunhauler and a Knight Incantor in case I wanted to ally one in.
I've also finished off a bunch of my Nighthaunt. The colour scheme I went with is kind of a mix between Peachy's and Mengel's.
And last but not least, a decent pic of my Megaboss.
It's the middle of winter down here so it's been hard to find time to get some good images but here is some of my progress. I've finished up a Navigator to help get rid of all those pesky new spells and a Knight Venator to ally in. I'm also pretty close to finishing a Gunhauler. I want to attend a tourney in October with my Kharadron so I'm gonna try get them up to 2k. That will probably mean getting my Ironclad done and another unit of Arkanauts to get my third battleline (the biggest disappoin
So I got a bit distracted by Malign Portents muster and managed to paint and collect a small Ironjawz army.
Now that distraction is out of the way it's back to the Overlords. Here's what's on my desk at the moment.
I've made a bit of progress over the break. Lots of painting time. Am trying to get my Necromunda gangs painted up as well.
Here's my finished Khemist. I put a bit more detail into the honeycomb of his hazmat suit (rather than the dark brown for the others). Lots of fun with the different metallics.
Here's my second Arkanaut company all finished:
And then I decided to get a few shots of the whole army to date. I like how it all feels together.
Here’s what I’ve managed to get done this weekend. Finished up my Gyrocopter that I will use as an ally. Still need to source a round base and flight stand but it seems to fit the army well. Might and some Prosecutors as well to create a Tempest Eye aerial army in the future.
I’ve also come up with a solution for the flight stand that seems to be working. I just drilled into the flight stand and added a pin. Drilled a matching hole into the socket on the ship, fits nice and snug.
Here's how my first boat is progressing. It's been a bit of slow going, quite complex with lots of sub-assemblies. Still need to do a few little touch ups and figure out the base. The flight stand is giving me a few problems, the ball joint just lets the whole ship roll over. Don't want to glue it so will have to figure something out. Maybe some sort of pin arrangement.
Here's a bit of what I've been up to. Endrinmaster is coming along nicely. Washes are all done so no it's just highlighting. I've finished putting the Thunderers together and done the first section of the Frigate. It's such a great kit to play with.
Here's my completed Endrinriggers. Quite like these guys so have already purchased another 3, will probably equip with a grapnel and 2 more rivet guys.
I've made a start on my Endrinmaster and had just started assembling my thunderers. Was a bit confused considering the new changes to the wars till about how best to equip them but have settled for the full mix of weapons. Will probably do just the rifles for the next 5.
Managed to get 3 games of Skirmish in this arvo, my first ever of AoS. A mate was playing Fyreslayers, those Grimwraiths can really mess things up. Came away with 2 wins, the second one I tabled him, despite him turning that massive hill pictured into a volcano with most of my warband on it.
I've made a start to the Endrinriggers, pre-shade stage. I quite like the balance, keeping the majority navy with the cream accent. I'm going to use the nuln oil gloss on the blue armour just to give them a bit more polish than the normal troops.
Arkanauts almost there, just got to finish the basing. Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out how to do the Endrinriggers. I don't want to do them all metallic so will be trying for dark blue armour. Just gotta figure out the balance.