[GA: Death] The icy touch of death!

Elmir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The skintone started from black, highlighted using the airbrush using dark reaper grey and then onto Thunder hawk blue. The chest is done with VGC wolf grey. 

Wings and hair patches are simply picked out with vallejo model colour brown sand and the bones with dark sand. 

The whole thing gets a coat of army painter quickshade, a matt varnish and I then start rehighlighting with thunderhawk blue (airbrush and edge highlights) finished off by a 50/50 mix of thunderhawk blue and VGC wolf grey. 

The edges of the wings get faded out from dark brown to pure black before the whole wings get a drybrush of brown sand again and the bones are rehighlighted to cover up the mess from the drybrush :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Elmir said:

The skintone started from black, highlighted using the airbrush using dark reaper grey and then onto Thunder hawk blue. The chest is done with VGC wolf grey. 

Wings and hair patches are simply picked out with vallejo model colour brown sand and the bones with dark sand. 

The whole thing gets a coat of army painter quickshade, a matt varnish and I then start rehighlighting with thunderhawk blue (airbrush and edge highlights) finished off by a 50/50 mix of thunderhawk blue and VGC wolf grey. 

The edges of the wings get faded out from dark brown to pure black before the whole wings get a drybrush of brown sand again and the bones are rehighlighted to cover up the mess from the drybrush :)

They’re sooooo damn good your entire Ghoul army is so inspiring 

Also, I managed to finish off the 3 crypt flayers, expanded the ghouls by another 10 dudes and finished the ghoulking to put him on his Zombie dragon mount, finally finishing that Start collecting box that was still in my pile of shame!

Just in time for Malign portents: 

ZQS4cOL.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Harbinger done! 

VJNjR0d.jpg

He's carrying his own cover around! It's a piece of Canadian slate that I drilled flat on one side with a dremel tool.  It's a bit of a scenic base, but it's actually quite a bit more stable than he previously was. 

Edited by Elmir
  • Like 11

• 1 month later...

Just a very quick update on the shadespire warband: First 2 models done!

cnttYSf.jpg

I've started experimenting with adding textures on the armor and cloth via micro scratches. The shadespire models really are gorgeous things to work on!

• Like 6