Painting Contract - June 2017

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I missed my goal for last month as well, so lets try to improve that and finish what I started:

5 more Ard Boyz (5 down and the Boss started)

Savage Orruk Warboss

Warchanter.

However, i am getting bored painting orruks, so might finish the last couple of models for my DE (sorry, Drukhari) for when 8th ed 40k drops... and then maybe my Slaves to Darkness warband for skirmish... sigh

This tuesday I bought a Skaven BB team and my goal is to have a total of 13 players painted by next tuesday. So far I have finished 7 players.

AFTER that my goal is to finish a piece of scenery meant for Skirmish/AOS. 

By the end of June I also expect to have my Skirmish Warband done:

- kitbashed Exelcior Warpriest

- Cogsmith

- kitbashing free people Archer 

- 2 x free people Gunners.

- 1 x free people crossbow man.

- 1 x Gryphound.

- 1 x free people great blade.

- 1 kurnoth Hunter ('I am grooo...').

Oh and did I mention that my boss, my pregnant wife and my 2 year old son of a monkey will do everything in their power to stop this from happening.

I am going to finish off my 30 arkanauts and admiral this month. They just need the details completed. And I'm adding on 6 endrinriggers and 5 thunderers. That gives me a cool 1500 points of Barak Zilfin. Honestly I need to get them done in the text two weeks too because I plan on switching back to 40k and getting the Primaris Marines and Guilliman painted. Packed month!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was really happy with how this motivated me last month so I'm chuffed to see it going again.

I'll pledge for:

20 Tzaangor

I'm going to keep it at that this month and then to treat myself if I manage to finish early I'll allow myself to start assembling the Nurgle from the Dark Imperium boxed set. 

WiP for this month. Balewind primed, won't be a long job that since it's drybrush heaven. Tzaangor have had the skin washed and two have had skin layer added again, after which is two highlight layers. Legs need highlights as well.

IMAG0847.jpg

IMAG0848.jpg

I pledge to finish my Zombie Dragon.

I know this doesn't seem like much of a commitment compared to other posts on here...but, seeing as I've been playing with an unpainted and plain-based army for a year, for me this will be quite an achievement. Not to mention please my AOS buddies no end ?

Posting completed stuff here, hope it's the right place! 

Based the Glade Guard, painted and based the Dryads, Branchwych, and Kurnoth Hunters. 

Still need to finish painting the Tree Kin (almost done), then do the Treelord. I may shift from painting the Eternal Guard to building stuff to play with. :D

Update1.jpg

Update2.jpg

Update3.jpg

Update4.jpg

Update5.jpg

Update6.jpg

You are spot on. Spear is also DE, I was going to use one from the glaives from a skull crushed but was too big. So I stuck the skull from the shield on the end of the spear, the rest of the Bloodletters head was added to the bottom of the shield to represent the captured deamon prince

Archived