My Ironjawz: Awright ladz, let'z git gud at paintin'

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst it is looking like I won't be able to finish these in time for the August painting contract, I am making Progress on my 'ardboys.

Unfortunately my Citadel Medium Base Brush looks ravaged... are Citadel brushes prone to this sort of rapid deterioration? I am no expert painter by any stretch of the imagination but I am sure I did not treat it THAT bad? It does not have a point at all anymore...e8fb8fb4465e59228f04f8a50ea514a2.jpge40792851728f6d0ef629fb5a3571d66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

When you paint large amount of space like you are in those pics, you're likely to end up with a brush that looks worse than that. That's why you would now save that brush and use it for these types of applications. Then you save a nice medium brush and detail brush for more delicate applications. When this one starts to split even worse you'll get another one, preferably you find a brand that works well for as long as possible but cheap enough to be OK with its short life-span.

That is the unfortunate cost of army-painting compared to model-painting. :)

I found the round version disentegrated much faster than the newer flat version of the Medium Base brush, I'm not sure which version that is (not at home to compare to mine...). Either way my old Medium Base is used for jabbing base colours into gaps that would ruin other brushes, painting scenery on bases and for painting patchy war paint on Orruks because of the gaps between bristles. It remains invaluable ?

@Chillpill - Enjoyed catching up here and seeing you progress. Coming on really nicely. Any thoughts on basing at the moment? (apologies if I previously asked).

Two products that may help you;

http://elementgames.co.uk/games-workshop/citadel-games-workshop-paints/citadel-games-workshop-sprays/averland-sunset-spray?d=10210

http://amzn.to/2waSc4e  <- That bigger pot of brush cleaner is 54% off at present!!!!

Thanks Boss really appreciate the feedback! I did actually buy that brush cleaner a few days ago as well as some better quality brushes (raphael). I think i will keep bases fairly simple for now for the regular troops but i got my eyes on the citadel skulls box

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Archived