Fyreslayers 2000 pts list

Dragon10

Hi all, moving onto a different army and Fyreslayers are something completely different to whatever I've done in the past.

hoping for a competitive list but I understand being complete Fyreslayer fraction it will be very hard to.

hoping I have created a list where I can use effective tunnelling in  different scenarios by have 2 x runesmitter. 

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (80)
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade

Battleline
30 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (480)
- Poleaxes
- Fyreslayer Battleline (Runefather General)
30 x Vulkite Berzerkers (360)
- Pairs of Handaxes
- Pairs of Handaxes
10 x Auric Hearthguard (160)
- Fyreslayer Battleline (Runemaster General)

Battalions
Lords of the Lodge (160)

Total: 2000/2000

Looks solid. But I do think that after some playing you will lower the number of HB in the list and add more Aurics. It's the true (and only) hammer in a fyreslayer list IMO. Try a game with 10 HB and 30 Auics instead before you build/paint them. :)

Also, it's a matter of taste but I believe most Fyreslayer player prefer shields instead of double axes. You get some motal wound ouput or +1 to your save (that I can reroll if close to the battlesmith!).

The 30 Heathguard Bezerkers with poleaxe is for mortal wounds and those tough to kill units monsters, I am running the battalion so they can attack twice each round, that's hell of a lot of mortal wounds and normal wounds 

they can either walk up the middle with the standard if not many shooting threats or I can tunnel them. Should be a very nasty unit

without the reliable mortal wounds how can I deal with extremely heavy armoured cav or. big monsters etc...

1 hour ago, Dragon10 said:

The 30 Heathguard Bezerkers with poleaxe is for mortal wounds and those tough to kill units monsters, I am running the battalion so they can attack twice each round, that's hell of a lot of mortal wounds and normal wounds 

they can either walk up the middle with the standard if not many shooting threats or I can tunnel them. Should be a very nasty unit

without the reliable mortal wounds how can I deal with extremely heavy armoured cav or. big monsters etc...

Well try/proxy both and see what you think. 30 HB will do damage that's for sure but 30 Aurics are equally nasty (or even more if you buff them right) and they much easier to get into the right target. No monster will survive them especially when running the lords of the lodge. You can average >70 minus 1 rend wounds on a double turn if you play them right, no problem. But they are a glass cannon.

1 hour ago, Dragon10 said:

Having 30 of them I would hopefully be relying on the 4+ ward save rather than the armour save and have more dmg output with re rolling hits 

The damage output is in most cases equal on the charge (except that you can focus the mortal wounds on a single model). And when not chargeing I prefer defence, plus 1 save. But there is no clear right or wrong. Try both, I have.

I have played fyreslayers in tournament settings since the release so I am not just theory hammering here (which I like to do ☺️).

The only competetive battalion for fyreslayers is forge brethren.

Add a battlesmith (or 2). He just so good...

Never ever go with a unit of HB with more than 10.

I think Vulkites with double axes are just great. It is one reason why most fyreslayers lose that much, because they take that stupid shields.

If you want to play competetive, there are 2 ways:

Forge Brethren with tunneling Vulkites/Runefather and a minimum of 15 AH (and usually 3x10 HB and battlesmith).

or

Teleporting AH, at least 20.

Either way you want at least 30 Vulkites for tunnerling. Better 2x30.

21 minutes ago, Dragon10 said:

Why is the forge brethren so good, not a huge fan of the amount of unit you have to take and +1 save only applies to the battalion units right ?

Because you are making the already durable fyreslayers even more durable. Even more with the battlesmith. There isnt much out there that can beat a 2/3+ save (with reroll) and a 4/5 ward save...that is really nasty

I have taken some suggestions and done a small change.

i feel that yes no one can take that unit off but also feel it will just be stuck somewhere for to long, more attacking threat allows me to go through other units to get to objectives if need be

Leaders
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
- Trait: Reckless
Auric Runemaster (80)
Battlesmith (80)
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Forge Key
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)
- Artefact: Obstinate Blade

Battleline
- Pairs of Handaxes
- Pairs of Handaxes
15 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (240)
- Poleaxes
- Poleaxes

Battalions
Lords of the Lodge (160)

Much better. If you want to stick with Lords of the Lodge, go for it. But it isnt competetive, because 160 points are too expensive and u waste a so much needed heroslot (Runemaster is just useless). If you dont want to go for forge brethren, my suggestion is:

Runefather

Battlesmith

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter

Runesmiter on Magmadroth

2x 30 Vulkites

2x 10 HB

20 AH

Tactics: Father, Battlesmith and HBs taking objectives. Shoot with your AH behind a bunch of Vulkites. The 2. unit Vulkites are used where and when needed. Not the best fyreslayers list, but solid.

Leaders
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
Battlesmith (80)
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron

Battleline
- Poleaxes
- Poleaxes
- Pairs of Handaxes
- Pairs of Handaxes

Or

Leaders
Auric Runefather (80)
- General
Battlesmith (80)
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
Auric Runemaster (80)

Battleline
- Poleaxes
- Poleaxes
- Pairs of Handaxes
- Pairs of Handaxes

Battalions
Lords of the Lodge (160)

slight change again

i understand it might not be the most competitive but I'm keeping with the game style and overall look of the army that I want still with this and with your help tweaking it to strength.

i really like this

Really want the poleaxes as the meta around here has a lot of 3+ saves and plus wizards forcnystic shield I can't do much against.

but if I can teleport a unit of say 15 bezerkers with poleaxes I can roll for 30 mortal wounds on 3+ 3+ if I had the lord of lodge and hopefully take away a huge threat pretty quickly. 

I like the first list best. I would switch one runesmiter for another battlesmith and run the units of aurics as one unit of 20 to compensate for the loss of the runesmiter. 

I think that's a strong list. The strongest list I can think of you might see at 6 Nations in mid june (if we go for fyreslayers ?).

• 2 months later...

Archived