Coalescence List

Erics1127

Well looks like I'm going to be the only person at my local event bringing Destruction.  Just wanted to post my list and get any tips.

Megaboss of Foot (General)  Battle Brew, Bellowing Tyrant                           140

Warchanter Talisman of Protection                                                                    80

1 unit of 10 Brutes Jagged Gore-hackas, 2 Gore-choppas and Boss Klaw     360

2 units of 10 Ardboys /w shields, orruk banner and drummer                       360

Irnofist Battalion                                                                                                  60

The event is 1000 pts that can be cut down to 500 Pts for the last battle. I was thinking of using the Megaboss (which I am required to) and the 10 Brutes as my 500. The only other Irnojawz models I have are another 5 brutes (have to be built and painted), 10 more Ardboys, and  my Maw-Krusha but I know he is way to expensive. Not sure if there are any improvements to be made.

One of the battle plans is to hold terrain features so I don't know if I'd need more units for that or just stick with true Orruk tactics and just try and kill everything. The overall plan will be to keep the Megaboss with the brutes and have them hitting on 2's and re-rolling 1's and have the Warchanter follow one or both of the Ardboy units to get them hitting on 3's. I picked shields for them to be more of a tar pit to hold things up versus killing stuff.

Still fairly new to tournament/event gaming so any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like you have a plan. Which is always a good start. 

Remember it's narrative. I think that's a good excuse to take you favourite models. That's why I'll be taking my maw krusha. But at over a third of my army he probably is a tad over priced lol. 

On 26.5.2017 at 5:56 PM, Erics1127 said:

Well looks like I'm going to be the only person at my local event bringing Destruction.  Just wanted to post my list and get any tips.

Megaboss of Foot (General)  Battle Brew, Bellowing Tyrant                           140

Warchanter Talisman of Protection                                                                    80

1 unit of 10 Brutes Jagged Gore-hackas, 2 Gore-choppas and Boss Klaw     360

2 units of 10 Ardboys /w shields, orruk banner and drummer                       360

Irnofist Battalion                                                                                                  60

The event is 1000 pts that can be cut down to 500 Pts for the last battle. I was thinking of using the Megaboss (which I am required to) and the 10 Brutes as my 500. The only other Irnojawz models I have are another 5 brutes (have to be built and painted), 10 more Ardboys, and  my Maw-Krusha but I know he is way to expensive. Not sure if there are any improvements to be made.

One of the battle plans is to hold terrain features so I don't know if I'd need more units for that or just stick with true Orruk tactics and just try and kill everything. The overall plan will be to keep the Megaboss with the brutes and have them hitting on 2's and re-rolling 1's and have the Warchanter follow one or both of the Ardboy units to get them hitting on 3's. I picked shields for them to be more of a tar pit to hold things up versus killing stuff.

Still fairly new to tournament/event gaming so any advice would be appreciated.

I played a very similar list at a local event. So far I'm in the finale. That has yet to be played out. I would go for a unit of Brtes instead of the Ardboyz. It's more of a menace to most enemies.

Archived