Kharadron Thunderers in a 1000pt List

mDaro

Has anyone tried to do a unit of 10 in a frigate with a Khemist? Two units of five, use Urbaz so the Khemist can buff both units. One unit of Fumigators, d3+1 than a retreat run move in the combat phase. Fly them in and run them out. Should both be fumigators or should I give the second unit a different weapon? With 10 that would be 10d3+10 shots at 3/2,-1,1!

Battleline would be a unit of 10 Arkanauts and a unit of 20 Arkanauts. 

Any advice on a 1000pt army built around this idea?

At 5 models, if they get stuck in any combat they are dead. The other unit may live to use their Keep your Distance rule. Their range is really short too, so you can pretty much guarantee this will work once and they will die. I think the only thing worth putting in boats is Arkanaut Company and Endrinriggers (and maybe only Endrinriggers) or potentially Thunderers with Aether rifles. Thunderers are better off way in the back with a Khemist, Mortars and 36" range.

Take this with a grain of salt, I've played a total of 5 games with them so far though in 3 of them I won a local tournament with my team mate.

What if I just plop them down at 8" away with 10 and blast away? If I make it two units of five and screen with one and unload with both units do you think at least the back unit of five would survive?

i have no Kharadron yet and I'm trying to get a feel for them. Guess I need to proxy with my dwarves for a game and see how it does. 

If you wanted that drop and shoot thunderers the Rend of the cannons is so strong. But once the khemists show up the cannons really start taking the lead. On average 1 fumigator does 1.1 wounds after hits/wounds while cannons do .83 per cannon.  Add one extra shot to each from the kemist and you get exactly the same for each 1.66. Now that's with more range and rend.

Of course more shots and cannons get further and further ahead.

Archived